Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice

+5
LA-Night
MAO
CausticSymmetry
ezmbh
teacup
9 posters

Go down

heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice Empty heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice

Post  teacup Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello, my first post here!

I've read many talk about heavy metal detox here, lots of info. I want to try this, could you plz summarize the most important points on heavy metal detox? Such as what best brands to use, what supplements to use, combination of supplements for best results, what supplements to take/not to take while doing heavy metal detox, etc?

I also plan on donating blood every couple months.

Could you please review this list of supplements I started taking yesterday (below).. YOUR feedback is appreciated on the list, am I missing a supplement that you'd recommend to take?

I am NOT taking a multi vitamin anymore, I took a high quality one for a year with no improvement on the hair front.

Here's the list:

FibroBoost Ecklonia cava extract
Best Stabilized Bio-Enhanced Na-RALA
Biotin
Jarrow EPS probiotics
Magnesium
Brewer's Yeast
Vitamin C
Niacinamide
Curcumin 95
Jarrow Sensoril Ahwagandha extract
Green Tea Phytosome
Omega-3 epa/dha fish oil
FibroBoost Ecklonia cava extract
Flax seed oil
Taurine
Borage Oil
D3 + k2
Trans-Resveratrol
iosol
Currently looking for a supplement for: Trace minerals, considering ConcenTrace

Should I STOP taking any of these while doing heavy metal detox?

More about me:
I am male, middle-aged, now only 10 pounds over ideal weight.
I have some IBS, my teeth need work (no more mercury amalgem but got some pain in teeth), and I suffer from frequent bad breath, possibly candida. I barely sit in the sun to sun-tan.

I am avoiding wheat, gluten, refined sugars, packaged foods, avoiding chlorinated/fluoridated water, fake food, trying to keep blood sugar low.

Now that you know all this about me. What's your heavy-metal detox advice?

Thanks to you all for your feedback in advance Very Happy
Thanks for keeping such an informative discussion website!
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice Empty Re: heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice

Post  ezmbh Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:39 am

Welcome! That is a good list of supplements.

I also want to do heavy-metal detox but have been putting it off because it sounded like some people experienced negative reactions pale - I think there is too much info out there on this topic that I'm not sure what the safest and best heavy-metal detox is.

Sorry I'm not much help in this field. but, hopefully someone more experienced will chime in, maybe CS.

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice Empty Re: heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:09 am

teacup - Welcome to the forum.

To summarize, I will first state that you may read in places about the Andy Cutler protocol. I do not believe in this. It's old school and has problems.

Alternatively, I am pleased with humifulvate and iodine. You could add a little more with MCP (modified citrus pectin) if you like.

There are other chelators, although more difficult to obtain. OSR is one in particular that can be very powerful, but it is generally used post amalgam removal only.

Lastly, you've got a nice list there, hopefully you have selenium somewhere in there, because it is essential to use with metal detox or when using iodine.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  MAO Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 am

Hi teacup. I have amalgams and have been taking the IH top 6 for 7 months or so. But for the metal detox I started with humifulvate (Swanson). I tolerated this very well, so I added coriander herb (home grown organic) - I can't source the tincture in the UK!

I have recently added Jarrows Chlorella 2g twice daily and so far, no problems. Once I have done 3 months on humifulvate, I plan to try Modified Citrus Pectin.

I am also using 50-100mg of Lugol's iodine and ensure plenty of dietary selenium.

MAO

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 am

Welcome to the board, teacup.

That's an impressive list of supplements!

I'd recommend taking Vitamin C when you take Vitamin D3, but not at the same time as when you take resv/curcumin.

Consider taking probiotics on an empty stomach.

If you're trying to improve your blood sugar, try bentofiamine & get more sunlight.

ConcenTrace is good. Also consider indium, but make sure it doesn't get on your teeth or it might stain them.

If you're taking borage oil, make sure you don't take too much or else it may lower your libido.

For heavy metal detox, try 1 humifulvate capsule before bed and/or 3 Jarrow ToxGuard (MCP) capsules before bed and when you wake up. After a while, you can scale back the MCP to maybe one pill twice/day. You usually don't need to stop taking supplements during the day when you detox.

If you're taking iodine, consider salt loading, adding boron or even increasing your intake of vitamin c.

* Be sure to add selenium if you're taking iodine.

Hope this helps.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Yes, all your replies are helpful. Guys thanks for the awesome feedback.

I will adjust the list per your recommendations, add selenium, etc. I'll use humifulvate and iodine and a little MCP (modified citrus pectin).

I removed my amalgem a couple years ago, never done a heavy-metal detox. Should I do the OSR first? What does OSR stand for?

When I am doing heavy-metal detox can I still donate blood?

Thanks
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  LooseGroove Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:27 pm

[quote="LA-Night"]I'd recommend taking Vitamin C when you take Vitamin D3, but not at the same time as when you take resv/curcumin.
quote]

Is there a reason that you should take Vitamin C and resv/curcumin seperate? I usually take a bunch of supplements with breakfast, and they are all included. Do they cancel each other out?

LooseGroove

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:42 pm

OSR is one in particular that can be very powerful, but it is generally used post amalgam removal only.
Why that?
And still no reviews about it? Some people do use it here.

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 am

LooseGroove wrote:
Is there a reason that you should take Vitamin C and resv/curcumin seperate? I usually take a bunch of supplements with breakfast, and they are all included. Do they cancel each other out?

I also was taking ALL these together.
If they do cancel each other out, how much time should one wait in between them?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  2tuff007 Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 am

Hey Teacup,

I had a really bad candida issue too that included bad breath, and skin rashes. I didn't notice improvement in my hair untill I corrected the problem. Here is what I did. I took 10 drops of iodine in divided doses 3 times per day and took 500mg of niacinamide 3 times per day. I did this for about 3 weeks. Then i took this stuff called humaworm (pretty strong stuff). I took this for a month. I then took this stuff called candiclear5 (3 scoops in water throughout the day). I usually have really bad seasonal allergies this time of year. I have nothing now after years of suffering around this time. Bad breath is gone along with the fungus skin rashes. I'm also taking Dr. Ohara's probiotic.

2tuff007

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:36 am

2tuff007 wrote:Hey Teacup,

I had a really bad candida issue too that included bad breath, and skin rashes. I didn't notice improvement in my hair untill I corrected the problem. Here is what I did. I took 10 drops of iodine in divided doses 3 times per day and took 500mg of niacinamide 3 times per day. I did this for about 3 weeks. Then i took this stuff called humaworm (pretty strong stuff). I took this for a month. I then took this stuff called candiclear5 (3 scoops in water throughout the day). I usually have really bad seasonal allergies this time of year. I have nothing now after years of suffering around this time. Bad breath is gone along with the fungus skin rashes. I'm also taking Dr. Ohara's probiotic.

Thank you for sharing. I am taking niacinamide 2 times a day. I dont have any skin rashes or allergies to speak of, luckily.

But, isn't that too much Iodine? are you referring to Iosol when you say 10 drops a day? or was that 10 drops 3 times (30 drops a day) ?

Secondly, "timing"

Since iodine kills off good and bad bacteria, WHEN should I take iodine and when should I take probiotics (should I wait 1 hr in between these) ? I dont want the iodine to kill the good probiotics that I am swallowing that would be a waste of money affraid .

Thanks gentlemen and women

teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 am

Let's keep this post dedicated to detox.

I started a new post for the "timing " issue titled "the order of things" here: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/the-order-of-things-maximizing-the-benefit-of-food-and-supplements-t4078.htm

teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

heavy metal detox, regimen, etc.. - I'm looking for advice Empty OSR, humifulvate, iodinedetox, MCP - dosage and mental clarity

Post  teacup Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:10 am

1- Why is OSR good, should I start with it?

I removed amalgam 2yrs ago, as a kid I remember playing with murcury in my palm after i broke a thermostat (and I am still alive!) But I bet I need a good heavy-metal detox.

2- Do I take humifulvate and iodine together? At what dosage? How much MCP (modified citrus pectin) to add?

3- I work and go to school. study I need to maintain mental clarity and health, will the detox (or using humifulvate) effect my energy, clarity or make me sick? scratch

Thank you!
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  2tuff007 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:29 am

Hey Teacup,

I took Lugul's 5% solution. I would take 3 drops in the morning, 4 drops at lunch, and 3 drops in the evening. I wasn't taking any probiotics while fighting candida. I introduced the probiotic after I felt my candida symptoms were gone and I finished the cleanses. I also took humifulvate while doing this for about a month. I didn't have any problems, just drank a lot of water.

2tuff007

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:14 am

2tuff007 wrote:Hey Teacup,

I took Lugul's 5% solution. I would take 3 drops in the morning, 4 drops at lunch, and 3 drops in the evening. I wasn't taking any probiotics while fighting candida. I introduced the probiotic after I felt my candida symptoms were gone and I finished the cleanses. I also took humifulvate while doing this for about a month. I didn't have any problems, just drank a lot of water.

wonderful, thanks again for sharing. I would follow what you did, but I will start with much less iodine as I only take 1 drop a day now and dont want to take too much of it too quickly (worried about shedding that some experience with iodine). Further, I use Iosol not Lugols, so I wonder how that should effect the dosage?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:48 am

teacup, did you ever try out OSR? I'm wondering what the consensus is on it now that's it's been around a while... I know some people swear by Cutler protocol ONLY. I want to do a strong detox, but HAVE to do it the right way. I can't afford damaging my body with anymore failed detoxes.

2tuff007, how are you doing with your health/hair now?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:58 pm

If I recall well, OSR had some problems with FDA: Click
Any news about this?

In the interview last year, Haley called the product "a food" that is "totally without toxicity." Haley said the compound had been tested on rats, and a food safety study was conducted on 10 people. Asked to provide documentation of the research, he stopped communicating with the Tribune.
Until I get some better news, I won't believe that guy.

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down