Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptyToday at 6:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems

+6
albe
scottyc33
Trace
crincrin
Misirlou
jk120
10 posters

Go down

Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems Empty Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems

Post  jk120 Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:38 am

I am in the market to buy a reverse osmosis water filtration system, primarily to reduce/remove fluoride that's in regular tap water. I have been checking at my local Home Depot and Lowe's, who do carry the reverse osmosis filters. However, none of the models specifically state that they remove fluoride.

So I was wondering what models any of you here own or which ones you recommend I buy? Thanks for your time!

jk120

Back to top Go down

Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems Empty Re: Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems

Post  Misirlou Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:16 pm

I searching for the same product as you, but I wish I could filter the shower water as well since (theory) the fluoride could perhaps enter through the skin (?). Well I guess cleaning the drinking/kitchen water is a good start Wink

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems Empty Re: Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems

Post  crincrin Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Misirlou wrote:I searching for the same product as you, but I wish I could filter the shower water as well since (theory) the fluoride could perhaps enter through the skin (?). Well I guess cleaning the drinking/kitchen water is a good start Wink

My guess is that a major route of entry when showering is through the lungs via steam. So, I try to take short cold showers.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:24 pm

http://www.healthilluminationproducts.com/

This website has shower filters that filter out fluoride and all the other bad things in the water and it also mineralizes the water.

Reverse Osmosis in what I have been taught filters out fluoride, chlorine, ect. A lot of people at home depot and lowes are not educated on this product.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:18 am

Trace wrote:http://www.healthilluminationproducts.com/

This website has shower filters that filter out fluoride and all the other bad things in the water and it also mineralizes the water.

Reverse Osmosis in what I have been taught filters out fluoride, chlorine, ect. A lot of people at home depot and lowes are not educated on this product.

Bumping this thread up - is mineral removal from RO systems really an issue or do we get most of our minerals from food anyway?

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 pm

The consensus I've read everywhere is that it's an issue. If you're drinking RO water then add in a colloidal mineral mix and mineral dense foods.

Along with my filter I use now colloidal minerals 1-2 oz, 10g kombu seaweed, and around 1L of san pellegrino mineral water per day.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:41 pm

I should clarify in my post that I'm referring to chlorine, not fluoride. AFAIK fluorine in water exists only as the salt (fluoride) and won't vaporize with steam. Chlorine exists as the diatomic compound Cl2 and will.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm looking for some advice. I live in a country where the tap water is very bad. If you drink it you will get diarrhea for sure. Will an osmosis filter be be enough to make such bad water clean and drinkable?
The other option is to buy fluoride free water, but they only sell it in plastic bottles here. What would be the better option?

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun May 15, 2011 5:33 am

Is this reverse osmosis filter any good? It's the cheapest I've come across,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/STAGE-COMPACT-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-FILTER/dp/B0041BIBC8

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Sun May 15, 2011 6:13 pm

albe wrote:The consensus I've read everywhere is that it's an issue. If you're drinking RO water then add in a colloidal mineral mix and mineral dense foods.

Along with my filter I use now colloidal minerals 1-2 oz, 10g kombu seaweed, and around 1L of san pellegrino mineral water per day.

Where do you find this colloidal mineral mix?
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon May 16, 2011 2:38 am

Irenicus wrote:
albe wrote:The consensus I've read everywhere is that it's an issue. If you're drinking RO water then add in a colloidal mineral mix and mineral dense foods.

Where do you find this colloidal mineral mix?

I use this -

http://www.iherb.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-ConcenTrace-Trace-Mineral-Drops-8-fl-oz-237-ml/22265?at=0

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

Hold da phone, no wonder I always felt like ass when I took this type of stuff, really weird, spacey, sore. Ain't this the stuff we're trying to chelate? There was a post on shower filters here too, which is why some of us went towards quick cold ones without. Not sure if my hair was better with one or without. Mine was crushed up coconut shells in the filter, don't know if that's KDF or not.

Also, not trying to give no crap to no one but I wanted to make sure the minerals thing is good before I have this stuff in me (again). Also, I know these amounts are "trace", like .005ppm, but still.

Bromide, Carbonate, Calcium, Silicon, Nitrogen, Selenium, Phosphorus, Iodide, Chromium, Manganese, Titanium, Rubidium, Cobalt, Copper, Antimony, Molybdenum, Strontium, Zinc, Nickel, Tungsten, Germanium, Scandium, Vanadium, Tellurium, Tin, Lanthanum, Yttrium, Silver, Gallium, Bismuth, Zirconium, Cerium, Cesium, Gold, Beryllium, Hafnium, Samarium, Terbium Europium, Gadolinium, Dysprosium, Thorium, Holmium, Lutetium, Erbium, Ytterbium, Neodymium, Praseodymium, Niobium, Tantalum, Thallium, Rhenium, Indium and Palladium, plus the other elements found in sea water. This list is in approximate descending order.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Mon May 16, 2011 5:56 pm

So wait a sec, the consensus is that KDF filters are actually bad to use? I have been using one for years now, I could actually have been doing more harm to myself than good?
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  Irenicus Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 pm

And I second Whip, aren't some of those trace minerals bad? Now I am confused on whether to actually add that stuff
Irenicus
Irenicus

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 am

There's a couple of threads on here somewhere, I think cold/warm water with the filter should be ok or better than the straight chlorine/flouride on your head. Hot water is definitely out altogether either way. Still not sure on the trace minerals, maybe they're in sea salt too anyway.

I don't think the kdf shower filter would cause hairloss in our case, tho. Iren, I felt like a zombie on the trace minerals, some mins in there were good, but a few bad ones, by default if there's a good effect from taking them, the bad things in there should also have an effect as well, no?

thx

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Tue May 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I use the cheaper colloidal minerals:
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Colloidal-Minerals-32-fl-oz-946-ml/501?at=0

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down