Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
body hair loss EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
body hair loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
body hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
body hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
body hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
body hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
body hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
body hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
body hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

body hair loss

2 posters

Go down

body hair loss Empty body hair loss

Post  edci Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:04 pm

While I have been suffering from MPB for 4-5 years with the typical symptoms of loss/thinning in the typical areas (crown, top of head, temples, hairline), I have also noticed recently that I am losing hair on other parts of my body too (before this was negligible but recently I have seen this increase dramatically).

I noticed that whenever I take my t-shirt off there are small hair stuck all over the inside of the tshirt and i looked in the mirror and saw that there's very little hair left on my back now. Also when I run my hands through my beard each time a hair or two falls out and I can notice some areas without hair. Even my genital area the hair have lessened and the hair come out extremely easily like in the beard. It seems as it in all these areas the hair comes out quite easily (and in the beard area the hair is extremely thick, yet it still comes out). All this is not something that happened suddenly, it has been happening for a while but now its concerning me.

So I am wondering what this could possibly be ? (the doctors arent of much use as the physician refers to the dermatologist and they give you some topical which is as useless as themselves)

Any ideas IH, anyone else?

edci

Back to top Go down

body hair loss Empty Re: body hair loss

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:32 pm

edci - What is your current regimen?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  edci Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:41 am

cod liver oil
b-100
vitamin c (through emblica officinalis)
sensoril (ocassionally)
lithium/dmso topical

i was thinking on starting on the kudzu soon
cant afford the ecklonia cava

Recent Blood Test Results:

cortisol reading was 353 nmol/L
testosterone was 12.8 nmol/L (down from 21 a year ago, altho i dont think i took any
supplements that would have affected this)
sensitive tsh 1.12 MIU/L
fasting glucose 5.0 mmol/L

I know that this probably doesnt reveal a whole lot, but overall I have this feeling that the roots of my hair in general seem to be quite weak. Even in the areas that are usually not dht sensitive like the back of the head, the hair come out easily (obviously not as much as the crown,etc.). Is there anything you would suggest to strengthen the roots and improve overall hair strength generally (referring to the non-dht sensitive areas, since changing hair health in the thinning areas is a whole different ball game as you know)?

I think the beard hair loss might have to do with this dandruff like thing I have underneath the hair, which also seems to be present on my scalp. Sometimes it gets inflamed and becomes quite itchy and when that happens I can usually see a small acne-like red dot at the root of the hair (beard area). It seems to be small white scales/powder at the root of the hair and whenever the hair comes out, it has a small white dot or thin scale at the root. I tried nizoral as well as the lithium/dmso topical on that area and that didnt help so im wondering what that could be, anything internal I could take to improve this?

I am often stressed because of school etc, so not sure if thats a factor. Thanks for all your help! (PS: I am a 22 year old male)

edci

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:44 pm

edci - It's possible that you have a thyroid condition. Try a basal temperature test, which is done upon waking, before getting out of bed, place a thermometer under your armpit for 15 minutes, record the temperature for 3 to 5 days and average the temperatures. If you get below 97.8 to 98.2, then it's a possible indication of low thyroid, and above the latter number possible elevated thyroid. If this is the case, consider iodine supplementation and a glandular thyroid supplement to correct this.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edci Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:54 pm

thanks! will definitely check this out...also there was some iodine test on your website, cant seem to remember where (where u rub some iodine on your skin and if it disappears within a certain while, there is a deficiency or something, cant seem to recall the exact thing)

edci

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:07 pm

edci - That's right, it's a very crude test, but you find an area on your body you don't expect to touch or get water on (be careful this stuff will stain your clothes). Make a circle anywhere you want on your body, like underarm or wherever.
If it disapears within 18 to 24 hours you probably have a deficiency of iodine.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down