Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Itching dramatically reduced EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Itching dramatically reduced EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Itching dramatically reduced EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Itching dramatically reduced EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Itching dramatically reduced EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Itching dramatically reduced EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Itching dramatically reduced EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Itching dramatically reduced EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Itching dramatically reduced EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Itching dramatically reduced

3 posters

Go down

Itching dramatically reduced Empty Itching dramatically reduced

Post  NrwgnKID Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:04 pm

For the last two weeks I have not had one single episode of itching. This is very rare for me, as I usually have some itching in the afternoon and at night.

The last two weeks I have been very consistent with my probiotic use. In the past I could go several days between my intake of probiotics, but the last two weeks I have used it for every meal of the day (5). I do not know the mechanics behind this, so perhaps someone could explain this better than me.

I also added manganese to my regimen two weeks ago, which I have never used before. Whether this have had an impact, I am not sure. perhaps someone more knowlegdeable than me could elaborate on this possibility aswell.

I just thought I should post my experiences. Perhaps someone would like to give the same a try to see if itching is reduced, like in my case.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Itching dramatically reduced Empty Re: Itching dramatically reduced

Post  brandnew Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:41 am

So does that mean you have been taking one a day probiotics five times a day? I imagine that will be pretty expensive in the long run.

Also what manganese are you using?

Congratulations on getting the itch problem sorted. I have been doing everything lately and nothing seems to be getting rid of the problem.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:57 am

I have bought probiotics in liquid form, and take a teaspoon to every meal, perhaps expensive in the long run, but perhaps I can cut down after a while.

Manganese from Solaray, 5 mg.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:01 am

Hey NrwgnKID, can we get an overview of what you eat / drink over a couple days?

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Since new years I have experimented with different diets trying to find what is optimal for me.

During january, february, march I lived basically of nuts, vegetables, chicken, rice and salmon. No bread, dairies, starches, sugars or anything that contained gluten. I felt very energized and so healthy. I had reduced my intake of carbohydrates very much, and increased my intake of protein to high levels. During the first half of the day I basically only ate protein and fat (from nuts, eggs, fish, chicken). At firts I felt awful, then after a couple of weeks I adjusted. My hair also thickened up very much those days, and I considered my hairloss battle over (that was before a minox shed hit me. Had dropped cold turkey after new years, but thats a different story). Anyway, I believe that diet was great for me.

But I started feeling very fatigued after about three months. I dont know why this is, but I guess my food intake was too little varied, lacking important minerals and vitamins. I do not believe in taking a multivitamin pill, so I am planning on going back on the diet in the fall but being more thourough on doing it right so that I get everything I need.

Right now, I am at my parents house (saving money), living on bread and whatever my parents eat. A regular FDA recommended diet basically, starches, fruits, vegetables and so on. I am sensitive to wheat, I know that for sure, and I get bloated from eating bread. But the large intake of probiotics I have taken lately reduces bloating to zero for me. Very pleasing together with the itchiness being gone. Hopefully my hair becomes good during the coming months too. Perhaps I have a fungus issue, since whenever I use nizoral( once every second week) my scalp feels great.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:54 pm

NrwgnKID wrote:Since new years I have experimented with different diets trying to find what is optimal for me.

During january, february, march I lived basically of nuts, vegetables, chicken, rice and salmon. No bread, dairies, starches, sugars or anything that contained gluten. I felt very energized and so healthy. I had reduced my intake of carbohydrates very much, and increased my intake of protein to high levels. During the first half of the day I basically only ate protein and fat (from nuts, eggs, fish, chicken). At firts I felt awful, then after a couple of weeks I adjusted. My hair also thickened up very much those days, and I considered my hairloss battle over (that was before a minox shed hit me. Had dropped cold turkey after new years, but thats a different story). Anyway, I believe that diet was great for me.

But I started feeling very fatigued after about three months. I dont know why this is, but I guess my food intake was too little varied, lacking important minerals and vitamins. I do not believe in taking a multivitamin pill, so I am planning on going back on the diet in the fall but being more thourough on doing it right so that I get everything I need.

Right now, I am at my parents house (saving money), living on bread and whatever my parents eat. A regular FDA recommended diet basically, starches, fruits, vegetables and so on. I am sensitive to wheat, I know that for sure, and I get bloated from eating bread. But the large intake of probiotics I have taken lately reduces bloating to zero for me. Very pleasing together with the itchiness being gone. Hopefully my hair becomes good during the coming months too. Perhaps I have a fungus issue, since whenever I use nizoral( once every second week) my scalp feels great.

This is very similar to my case.
Try upping your Nizoral use if it doesn't get too costly or dry your hair out a lot.
And stick with the probiotics : D
I understand the pain of living with one's parents and trying to deal with anything in a way that isn't traditional, my Dad is scared to take the vitamin C I bought him without his Doctor's orders, silent

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:57 am

interestingly probiotics are supposed to be taken away from food. Food brings acid to the stomach and bacteria usually cannot survive in that medium. For one, I always take my Kefir drink at least half hour before meals and always on an empty stomach - first thing in the AM (based on this theory)....

The claim is that in the absence of acid the bacteria gets some time to latch onto the stomach lining where it settles in before acid take kill it.....do not know if science has confirmed this or not, but makes some sense to me....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:53 am

TakingAction - I am going to give nizoral once a week a try. more than that I dont think my scalp can take. Yea I agree.. but all in all, it does save us some money, money that can be spent on topicals and good internals later on.

Lund - thanks for the tip, I did not know that. I will try using it taken away from food, to see if things improve even more.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down