Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Cayenne Pepper Info EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cayenne Pepper Info

+3
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
Joejoebaggins
7 posters

Go down

Cayenne Pepper Info Empty Cayenne Pepper Info

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:28 am

Please post any experience you have with dosages ect.

Here is the info so far:

--------------------------

From IH:

Late last year, there was a study showing that endocannabinoids prevent hair growth. During stressful events, the Cannabinoid pathway (CB1 receptor) kills hair faster than anything. The only natural CB1 blocker it seems is Cayenne. I thought I had found with a certain type of Echinacea, but turned out it was specific to CB2. Up until now (October 2008) it was believed that only the CB1 receptor was involved, yet now it turns out that the CB2 receptor is involved.

This study just came out last month (September) and it's been the missing piece of a puzzle. There was a study on Capsicum (Cayenne) showing negative effects on hair growth. However, that was in suit with the dermal papilla literally being soaked with Cayenne directly. That would likely be over kill. Turns out, that's exactly what it was. As of last month, shows that Cayenne inhibits lipids that liberate arachadonic acid that are involved with hair loss.

We had previously shown that both locally produced endocannabinoids and exocannabinoids, via cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1), are powerful inhibitors of human hair growth.

Because cells with "silenced" CB2 exhibited significantly suppressed basal lipid production, our results collectively suggest that human sebocytes utilize a paracrine-autocrine, endogenously active, CB2-mediated endocannabinoid signaling system for positively regulating lipid production and cell death. CB2 antagonists or agonists therefore deserve to be explored in the management of skin disorders characterized by sebaceous gland dysfunctions (e.g., acne vulgaris, seborrhea, dry skin).

For now, Cayenne seems like a wise idea under stressful conditions, b/c during these conditions, the endocannabinoid pathway release several neuropeptides which start the apopotic processes.

During high stress, taking Cayenne pepper capsules in heat units of 40,000 STU and higher throughout the day is highly recommended for this. Cayenne pepper blocks the CB1 receptor, which means it acts as an antagonist to endocannabinoids, preventing rapid telegen fall out due to neuropeptides, (nerve growth factor and brain derived neurotrophic factor for example).

It might be a good idea also to incorporate Sensoril (250 mg twice per day) and Phosphatidylserine which will keep testosterone/cortisol ratio at better levels.

Telogen effluvium is a good example, where you get an abnormal loss of hair due to high stress or other changes. This is when the normal anagen (growth phase) and the catagen (sleeping stages) are reversed for a time. What seems to promulgate these actions is the release of neuropeptides.

I would not consider cayenne to be a cleansing herb, it is a circulatory spice, but it has an effect on substance P, and mediates sensory nerves. It can block pain signals that even the most powerful drugs cannot touch and it can counteract certain neuropeptides that have negative impact on hair growth.

From Trouble on Ironaddicts forum:

For inflammation control, a diferent approach maybe tried to supplement PUFAs: tumeric (curcumins) extract and capsacin (cayenne pepper extract).

They regulate pain in the nocioreceptor (pain sensors in tissues from brain, to muscle and joint and skin).

But they also have another benefit: they are gentle electron transport chain (ETC) decouplers. They help promote an increase in fat burning to meet energy needs.

Works hunky dorey as a fat mobilizing agent and is an excellent anti inflammatory agent. Pop two twice per day, with meals.

--------------
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Cayenne Pepper Info Empty Re: Cayenne Pepper Info

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:55 am

Joejoebaggins - I did some heavy research last year in regard to cayenne and thermogenesis. The amount of Cayenne for that purpose is a lot, like 6 grams.

As far as dosage, I think a few capsules of cayenne throughout the day, preferably (especially) with a meal, before or after. Not to exceed five at a time of course.

Here are the most recent studies to date on this:

FASEB J. 2008 Oct;22(10):3685-95. Epub 2008 Jul 2.
Endocannabinoids enhance lipid synthesis and apoptosis of human sebocytes via cannabinoid receptor-2-mediated signaling.

We had previously shown that both locally produced endocannabinoids and exocannabinoids, via cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1), are powerful inhibitors of human hair growth. To further investigate the role of the cannabinoid system in pilosebaceous unit biology, we have explored in the current study whether and how endocannabinoids have an impact on human sebaceous gland biology, using human SZ95 sebocytes as cell culture model. Here, we provide the first evidence that SZ95 sebocytes express CB2 but not CB1. Also, prototypic endocannabinoids (arachidonoyl ethanolamide/anandamide, 2-arachidonoyl glycerol) are present in SZ95 sebocytes and dose-dependently induce lipid production and (chiefly apoptosis-driven) cell death. Endocannabinoids also up-regulate the expression of key genes involved in lipid synthesis (e.g., PPAR transcription factors and some of their target genes). These actions are selectively mediated by CB2-coupled signaling involving the MAPK pathway, as revealed by specific agonists/antagonists and by RNA interference. Because cells with "silenced" CB2 exhibited significantly suppressed basal lipid production, our results collectively suggest that human sebocytes utilize a paracrine-autocrine, endogenously active, CB2-mediated endocannabinoid signaling system for positively regulating lipid production and cell death. CB2 antagonists or agonists therefore deserve to be explored in the management of skin disorders characterized by sebaceous gland dysfunctions (e.g., acne vulgaris, seborrhea, dry skin).

J Invest Dermatol. 2008 Sep 4.
Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid-1 Signaling as a Regulator of Human Sebocyte Biology.
Tóth BI, Géczy T, Griger Z, Dózsa A, Seltmann H, Kovács L, Nagy L, Zouboulis CC, Paus R, Bíró T.

[1] 1Department of Physiology, Medical and Health Science Center, Research Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary [2] 2Cell Physiology Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Medical and Health Science Center, Research Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary.

Transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 (TRPV1), originally described as a central integrator of nociception, is expressed on human epidermal and hair follicle keratinocytes and is involved in regulation of cell growth and death. In human pilosebaceous units, we had shown that TRPV1 stimulation inhibits hair shaft elongation and matrix keratinocyte proliferation, and induces premature hair follicle regression and keratinocyte apoptosis. In the current study, we have explored the role of TRPV1-mediated signaling in sebaceous gland (SG) biology, using a human sebocyte cell culture model (SZ95 sebocytes). Demonstrating that human skin SG in situ and SZ95 sebocytes in vitro express TRPV1, we show that the prototypic TRPV1 agonist, capsaicin, selectively inhibits basal and arachidonic acid-induced lipid synthesis in a dose-, time-, and extracellular calcium-dependent and a TRPV1-specific manner. Low-dose capsaicin stimulates cellular proliferation via TRPV1, whereas higher concentrations inhibit sebocyte growth and induce cell death independent of TRPV1. Moreover, capsaicin suppresses the expression of genes involved in lipid homeostasis and of selected proinflammatory cytokines. Collectively, these findings support the concept that TRPV1 signaling is a significant, previously unreported player in human sebocyte biology and identify TRPV1 as a promising target in the clinical management of inflammatory SG disorders (for example, acne vulgaris).Journal of Investigative Dermatology advance online publication, 4 September 2008; doi:10.1038/jid.2008.258.

FASEB J. 2007 Nov;21(13):3534-41. Epub 2007 Jun 12.
Inhibition of human hair follicle growth by endo- and exocannabinoids.
Telek A, Bíró T, Bodó E, Tóth BI, Borbíró I, Kunos G, Paus R.

Department of Physiology, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, 4032 Debrecen, Hungary.

Recent studies strongly suggest that the cannabinoid system is a key player in cell growth control. Since the organ-culture of human hair follicles (HF) offers an excellent, clinically relevant model for complex tissue interaction systems, we have asked whether the cannabinoid system plays a role in hair growth control. Here, we show that human scalp HF, intriguingly, are both targets and sources of endocannabinoids. Namely, the endocannabinoid N-arachidonoylethanolamide (anandamide, AEA) as well as the exocannabinnoid delta (9) -tetrahydrocannabinol dose-dependently inhibited hair shaft elongation and the proliferation of hair matrix keratinocytes, and induced intraepithelial apoptosis and premature HF regression (catagen). These effects were inhibited by a selective antagonist of cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1). In contrast to CB2, CB1 was expressed in a hair cycle-dependent manner in the human HF epithelium. Since we successfully identified the presence of endocannabinoids in human HF, our data strongly suggest that human HF exploit a CB1-mediated endocannabinoid signaling system for negatively regulating their own growth. Clinically, CB1 agonists may therefore help to manage unwanted hair growth, while CB1 antagonists might counteract hair loss. Finally, human HF organ culture offers an instructive, physiologically relevant new research tool for dissecting "nonclassical" effects of endocannabinoids and their receptor-mediated signaling in general.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:12 am

Cayenne seems to be helpful (immediately) in suppressing inflammation due to Reactive nitrogen species (RNS) and possibly reactive oxygen species (ROS) involved. I'm going to find supporting research, as this seems to really work.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:45 am

So shaking some cayenne powder into my ACV everyday isn't go to be enough to do much? Do you you know if/where they make cayenne capsules. I know you could make them yourself, but that is a messy pain in the ass! I've been there with b5. I know that when I worked at a natural food store for a while, the people in the deli would add cayenne to the acv shots, but I just expected that it was detoxifying. Then my mom started working with this Asian lady who mentioned that she does the same thing- she adds cayenne is she "really wants a good cleans".

JoeJoe,

Is there really evidence that cayenne pepper is a better analgesic than the addictive and potentially life destroying opiates like Oxycontin? That is literally unbelievable to me! Especially given the addictive nature of pain killers and the epidemic of addicts. Then again the FDA are THE biggest drug dealers out there.

Do you guys ever feel like your daily pill intake is getting out of hand!? I do. I mean I take so many pills in one day that I barely have the time to do it. If I wasn't fortunate enough to swallow a handful at one time it would take up a lot of my day! My supplement collection just keeps growing and growing! How do I get this under control!!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:46 am

There's a great deal of anecdotal evidence, patient feedback, etc. on the power and benefits of cayenne pepper. Not a surprise, but an in vivo study on rats shows potent production on heart disease.

Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008 Jul;39(4):550-4.
[Protective effect of capsaicin on against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury of rat in vivo]
[Article in Chinese]

Qin SL, Liu SL, Wang RR.

Department of Anesthesiologyology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, 610041, China.

OBJECTIVE: To explore whether the capsaicin offers protective effect and possible mechanism on against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury of rat in vivo. METHODS: Ligating the left anterior descending coronary artery for 45 min and loosing it for 120 min were performed to establish the rat model of local myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in vivo. Forty healthy male rats were randomly divided into control group, capsaicin group, capsazepine group, and S-3144 group. In 10 min and 5 min before ischemia, all drugs for this study were delivered into rat left ventricle (LV) via right carotid artery. Variations of left ventricular function were successively monitored with ECG (electrocardiogram). Levels of creatine kinase MB (CKMB) in serum were determined. Evans-blue and TTC were utilized to identify the area at risk and the infarct size of LV. RESULTS: In all groups, the variables of left ventricular developed pressure (LVDP) significantly decreased after ischemia and reperfusion (P < 0.05). Except capsaicin group, heart rates (HR) of three other groups markedly reduced with reperfusion for 120 min as compared to pre-reperfusion (P < 0.05). In capsaicin group, there were significant increases in HR and LVDP with reperfusion for 120 min when compared with the other three groups (P < 0.05). At the end of experiment, the levels of CKMB and infract size were lower in capsaicin group than in the other three groups (P < 0.05), and there was no statistical significance among the other three groups (P > 0.05). CONCLUSION: Pretreatment with capsaicin can attenuate myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury, of which the likely mechanism is by stimulating capsaicin receptor or TRPV1 and further activating substance P receptor in the rat in vivo.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:48 am

JHarsh80 - Cayenne is available in capsules and I think it's a lot easier to take them orally than to use them topically.
I had used topical ACV with cayenne long enough to know that it is a major pain not really worth the trouble in retrospect.

Oral Cayenne is fantastic, and during some self tests find it quite effective to reducing inflammation.

Cayenne topically for pain is very powerful, and it can address pain unlike some of the most powerful drugs out there. It works for neuropathic pain for example.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:15 am

IH,

Thanks for the info. So It only works for pain topically and not systemically then is what you are saying? My mom has severe sciatic nerve pain. Would you suggest a topical capsaicin cream for her? Her sister also has fibromyalgia, and my Grandma has nerve pain as well. I doubt my mom would use some home made cream or lotion if I made it. Is there anything sold OVC? Thanks again

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:08 am

JHarsh80 - Here is one example of a topical.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=-6004598491076441013&at=0

I don't believe it would be much use for fibromyalgia.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:28 am

I have just started taking an herbal supplement and the main ingredient is Cayenne. I wanted to start using a cayenne supplement because I have been under a lot of stress and it is cheaper than curcumin/resv.

Since starting to take it I have had increased shedding but my allergies and circulation seem better. Poor circulation runs in my family and this is one of the things I was hoping to address. I am not 100% definitive that it is the cayenne but it is the only thing that has been added to regiment. I still take curcumin and resv once a day along with the other IH supps.

I am thinking I should stick it out as I think it may be beneficial but I still wanted to gauge what others think.

Any ideas?

Thanks
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:02 am

hapyman wrote:I have just started taking an herbal supplement and the main ingredient is Cayenne. I wanted to start using a cayenne supplement because I have been under a lot of stress and it is cheaper than curcumin/resv.

Since starting to take it I have had increased shedding but my allergies and circulation seem better. Poor circulation runs in my family and this is one of the things I was hoping to address. I am not 100% definitive that it is the cayenne but it is the only thing that has been added to regiment. I still take curcumin and resv once a day along with the other IH supps.

I am thinking I should stick it out as I think it may be beneficial but I still wanted to gauge what others think.

Any ideas?

Thanks

hapyman,

It is the cayenne pepper, unfortunately, as I found it to be great for circulation too. But 450 mg. or more of cayenne a day accelerated my hair loss. "Sticking it out" will only make your situation worse, believe me. And it may take a while to recover what you loss.

This notwithstanding, hair products like Shen Min (fo-ti) and Capsures (curcumin/resveratrol) do include small amounts (like, 20 mg.) of cayenne pepper in their formulas, which I assume, is to improve the circulation of the other herbs throughout the body.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:41 pm

That kind of stinks because it seems it is good for so many things.

I wonder if it is just that some people are more sensitive to it than others because I see that some people take 6 grams a day.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 pm

At this point, at least from personal experimentation that Curcumin & Resveratrol is superior to Cayenne. The results on Cayenne are mixed and it seems that it might be good for things other than hair. Based on my experience and others it seems that despite Cayenne being a CB1 receptor blocker, it seems to have a potentially negative effect on hair, despite some studies to the contrary.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:00 am

I've been on about 5 grams of 100,000 hu cayenne per day for about 6 weeks now. I haven't noticed any shedding at all, and usually if there is any chance at all that a product will cause shedding, I WILL SHED... so that's strange.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:51 am

Yeah ever since starting cayenne my shedding has shot up. I was taking it often throughout the day and at first the fallout was nil. A couple days later and I started to shed 4-8 times more hair than I usually do.

I took two small doses yesterday and shed abot 40 hairs this morning. Today I am not taking it so we'll see if the shed starts to slow or stop.

How long do you guys think it will take for the effects to end? I figure a few days because that is how long it took to start.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Cayenne Pepper Info Empty Black pepper exporter | coffee seeds

Post  rawtherspices Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 pm

SA Rawther Spices is the largest processor and exporter of black pepper and dry ginger in India, apart from having a good track record in the international trade of coffee, turmeric, cloves, chillies, nutmeg and other products.

BLACK PEPPER
Botanical names: Piper nigrum
Family name: Piperaceae.
Black pepper is considered the `King of Spices` as judged from the volume of international trade, being the highest among all the spices known. Black pepper is produced from the still-green unripe berries of the pepper plant. Black pepper constitutes an important component of culinary seasoning of universal use and an essential ingredient of numerous foodstuffs. It has a number of medicinal virtues.

FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT : http://rawther.co.in/http://rawther.co.in/index.html

rawtherspices

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down