Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Soy Isoflav/Capascin EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Soy Isoflav/Capascin

+10
fläshrockingmän
scottyc33
CausticSymmetry
tonyj
edony
jksl
Nashville Hairline
NoGravity
hapyman
DesperateIntellect
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Soy Isoflav/Capascin Empty Soy Isoflav/Capascin

Post  DesperateIntellect Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:19 am

After seeing an article on wordpress which just readdressed the same study I have seen on www.hairloss-research.org. Its the first study I have seen where there are photos of before and after

Yet no-one I can see is using this could someone explain why?

DesperateIntellect

Back to top Go down

Soy Isoflav/Capascin Empty Re: Soy Isoflav/Capascin

Post  hapyman Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I tried taking capsaicin in the form of cayenne pepper. Unfortunately I think I was taking too much because right after i started shedding like crazy. CS has addressed this before but Curcumin seems to be similar to capsaicin but better. Also if you are taking capsaicin all the studies use small doses like 5mg. This may be a more is not better situation. I tried finding a product with this low of a dose and it was impossible so I abandoned it.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 pm

But if isoflavones are beneficial doesnt it mean that soy milk is a good way to obtain these flavones? Till now there doesnt seem to have a consensus on soy milk, or is there one?

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:06 pm

NoGravity wrote:But if isoflavones are beneficial doesnt it mean that soy milk is a good way to obtain these flavones? Till now there doesnt seem to have a consensus on soy milk, or is there one?
There was a thread a few weeks back and the opinions were mixed on soy products. personally, I drink some soymilk twice a day after reading the study of its use with green tea for hair loss. Also there is all those anecdotes about the Japanese consuming lots of the stuff in their diets.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/Linksoyisoflavoneslowerserumdht11-08.html

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:59 am

wow synergy between green tea and soy, thats something i would never have thought about. Yea this 2 are very common in the japanese diet. One thing though i realise that the general korean population have even much better hair than the japanese. And the distinct stuff in their diet are kimchi, ginseng, seaweed and..alcohol

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:42 am

NoGravity wrote:wow synergy between green tea and soy, thats something i would never have thought about. Yea this 2 are very common in the japanese diet. One thing though i realise that the general korean population have even much better hair than the japanese. And the distinct stuff in their diet are kimchi, ginseng, seaweed and..alcohol

It's interesting that you mention this. Others who have been to both countries say the same as you - Koreans have thicker hair. I remember a couple of people mentioning it at HLH (or was it HLT?). Anyway, after reading around on the best diet for hairloss, i came to the conclusion that the Korean diet was the best. Much of the research i've read at hairloss-research.org and from this site seems to indicate it. I posted my thoughts on this issue here: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/ideal-diet-for-hair-loss-t1555.htm
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:53 am

jksl wrote:
NoGravity wrote:wow synergy between green tea and soy, thats something i would never have thought about. Yea this 2 are very common in the japanese diet. One thing though i realise that the general korean population have even much better hair than the japanese. And the distinct stuff in their diet are kimchi, ginseng, seaweed and..alcohol

It's interesting that you mention this. Others who have been to both countries say the same as you - Koreans have thicker hair. I remember a couple of people mentioning it at HLH (or was it HLT?). Anyway, after reading around on the best diet for hairloss, i came to the conclusion that the Korean diet was the best. Much of the research i've read at hairloss-research.org and from this site seems to indicate it. I posted my thoughts on this issue here: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/ideal-diet-for-hair-loss-t1555.htm

interesting read jksl. Thanks for sharing. Yup ive been to both countries and im seriously amazed by the koreans. I do feel the the key is in the fermented food e.g kimchi. and if you have eaten a korean meal before, there are many other fermented or pickled small dishes to go with. They do not suit my tastebuds though. I was looking for their hairloss products as i visited the major cities but yea, did not manage to find any. Im sure there is still demand for these products in korea, but its really way, way too little.

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:00 am

oh but they do consume an unhealthy food very very often in their diet, the instant noodles. In asian countries it is touted to be detrimental to hair as it contains excessive sodium and MSG but apparently, it may not be true.

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:19 am

Instant noodles - the mac & cheese of Asia. Razz
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:01 pm

yea i guess. So anyone taking the combo of isoflavones and capsaicin care to chime in?

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Guys,

Ted from earthclinic.com suggests soy milk as being a crucial part of a MPBer's diet .
That is not so much because of the isoflavones but because of its Manganese (Mn) content ,that is critical and neglected in the western diet and many people facing hair loss seem to be deficient in.
He also mentions characteristically that Dr.Mercola,has always been completely anti-soy ,well if you get the connection !
LOL scratch Exclamation Razz
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:01 am

I also started drinkng my soy lattes and soy mochas with cayenne pepper sprinkled in after reading the Capsaicin and Isoflavones study at the blog website inhuman experiment. After 3 weeks I'm beginning to see tiny and thin hairs popping out on the front hair line and maybe a few on top. Most are just white or gray and curly. Also my hair is growing faster.

I don't know if I can attribute this growth to just capsaicin and isoflavones at this point. I started with Nizoral 1% 3 times a week about 2 months ago. The other thing is since I been drinking more soy, I have reduced the amount of milk I drink.

Anyway, I'll continue on and see what the results are in 6 months.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:41 am

The study on Cayenne was illustrated for alopecia areata (AA). A very small dose was used, and the probable mechanism was an increase in insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I). If IGF-1 levels are insufficient, such as with AA, then hair follicle immune privilege is shot. In MPB, androgen blockade therapy doesn't work with low IGF-1 levels, so very low dose cayenne maybe of use here.

However, Cayenne at larger doses can cause TRPV1-immunoreactive degradation consequences.

Here's a nice thread about it from hapyman:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/neurogenic-inflammation-t1297.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:39 am

hapyman wrote:I tried taking capsaicin in the form of cayenne pepper. Unfortunately I think I was taking too much because right after i started shedding like crazy. CS has addressed this before but Curcumin seems to be similar to capsaicin but better. Also if you are taking capsaicin all the studies use small doses like 5mg. This may be a more is not better situation. I tried finding a product with this low of a dose and it was impossible so I abandoned it.

I tried cayenne a couple of times and each time, I noticed shedding.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:15 pm

CS
Lähettänyt does a summary of the Japanese study on capsaicin and isoflavones at his blog.
http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/09/capsaicin-and-soy-isoflavones-grow-hair.html

Here is the full Japanese study. Its a xerox copy and the figs. are difficult to see.
http://rapidshare.com/files/298853425/capsaicin_and_isoflavone_promotes_hair_growth.pdf

I'm not sure where to find the study on cayenne and AA (alopecia areata). If you could give me a link, I would appreciate it.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:22 pm

tonyj - I used to have the full study, pictures and all. It would have been more interesting if it were AGA instead of AA alopecia though.

I only have this basic link now.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569567

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  fläshrockingmän Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:23 am

hey guys

i just recently began taking soy/cap(about one month)
didnt they say that success was about 80% in the aga group?thats at least what i read on inhumanexperiment

"After 5 months, hair growth was significantly increased in 64.5% of human volunteers administered with capsaicin and isoflavone, compared with 11.8% in the placebo group. Furthermore, 88% of the participants suffering from androgenic alopecia saw a promotion of hair growth when given capsaicin and isoflavone. This suggests that the treatment might be more effective for male-pattern baldness than other types of hair loss. Below are some samples of the humans treated with oral capsaicin and isoflavones."

havent had any problems with the capsaicin yet(iam taking cayenne pepper)
i dump a teaspoon of it into a glass of water combined with vitamin c and my daily msm to swallow the soy caps!

cheerio alex

fläshrockingmän

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:24 am

thanks CS
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:15 am

fläshrockingmän,

Any results to tell in the month of treatment?

Thanks and regards.-

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  fläshrockingmän Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:56 pm

hi

nothing dramatic to report yet!one day i think im losing very few hairs and the other day it seems to be a bit more(fortunately nothing serious)
iam doing a 60 second haircount everyday dont know if your heard of it or not.just google it if not!
iam seeing vellus and terminal hairs on my hairline but thats due to my former regimen parts i think (most of all the niz shampoo and the niz cream i suppose)
has anybody reread the study to answer my question cause i think it was very effective for people with aga from what ive read!?
cheerio alex

fläshrockingmän

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:23 am

I´ve started taking Cayenne tea yesterday... One cup a day... But also for the extra benefits it promises...

http://www.whale.to/w/cayenne.html

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Soy Isoflav/Capascin Empty soy, cayenne

Post  RobHealthMan Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:55 pm

hi fläshrockingmän,

any more news to report on this front?

i'm about to start taking soy isoflavones and drink NO SUGAR non-gmo soy milk.

does soy isoflavones work just as well without cayenne?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  fläshrockingmän Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:36 pm

hey guys

i have a two months supply and its not even finisched so i cannot say if the "success" i see (small hairs on my hairline and some thickening)is due to the soy or due to my other regimen parts (most of all niz shampoo and niz cream)
i started taking it to accelerate the process but i cant tell if its beneficial.its just to early.
i just added the cayenne because of the study ive read.dont know which effect the soy would have on its own.
cheerio alex

fläshrockingmän

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:08 am

thanks fläshrockingmän!

keeps us informed Smile

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:13 am

How are things going for those who are trying this ?

I am giving this a go myself, and I am planning on being extremely aware of the dosis the studies have used.

I hope this could be resultgiving for finaseride users with worsened condition or lack of results.
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=15042703

As shown in the study I believe most have seen or are familiar with, lack of IGF-1 was linked with a worsened condition during propecia usage.
CS, do you have a thought or a theory on this phenomena ? I have tried searching for IGF-1 on this forum but it does not seem to have been discussed.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum