Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Throw away your Vitamin D3!

+48
TrueGround
NYJets
euroline
curt504
jenny123
Zaphod
Ibrium
RisingFist
MikeBison
Duketronix
LawOfThelema
Nuuu_Dx
theseeker86
Vince Clortho
WR
Delphine
9rugrats5
liverock
LittleFighter
a
usernameK
abc123
elan164
Mr. Clean
nidhogge
brandnew
Just_A_Signal
randle20
zerx
tonyj
scottyc33
lostwind
MAO
hadrion
gregslater
redhead
gbp2000
The Natural
j87x
Amaranthaceae
Misirlou
Maup
Prague
LA-Night
CausticSymmetry
crincrin
DBAL
ubraj
52 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Throw away your Vitamin D3! - Page 7 Empty Re: Throw away your Vitamin D3!

Post  WR Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:17 am

Don't take D3 supplements... Couldn't agree more, here's why

Eskimos on traditional diets of whales, seal & walrus blubber, didn't have any vitamin D defiency.
Now that they have switched to a modern diet they have some of the worst cases of Vitamin D deficiency there is in the world.

Why you ask?
Well as you know vitamin D is fat soluble, when you eat the fat your consuming Bio available (negatively charged) absorbable vitamin D.

Wow!
When did people start getting vitamin D deficiency then?
That's a good question...
About the time when the claim was made under the name of science that stated that cholesterol was caused by saturated animal fat & animal fat should be avoided at all cost for heart & artery health, even though people had been surviving healthy of animal fat for century's, instead of animal fats they wanted the masses to eat wheat (bread) which the human stomach cant process & will inflame the intestines so you cant absorb nutrients.

Far out... That's evil, Why would they do such a thing?
Mmmmph, ... It all started when "Pharmaceutical Companies" started a dis-information campaign on peoples health back in the beginning of the 19th century, they realized that healthy people don't make bumper profits>>>

-They were telling us that fluoride is good for our teeth, when actually it was first used it in the military camps to keep the prisoners docile & easy to control.
-& also Hitler used chlorine, in the gas chambers to kill lots of Jews (bad man)
-They started sneaking toxic & estrogen materials into all our food/product supply under a purposely confusing mis labelled contents scheme.
F#&k
Next they will be telling us that "radiation is nutritious"

WR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 am

i agree, but still don't understand where is the D vitamin problem as supplement...

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 am

Exactly what I have been thinking about lately you must have read my mind. Why all of a sudden are doctors giving tests for vit d deficiency and telling everyone to take extra d 10 years ago u didn't hear squat about d now all of sudden it's a syndrome. Think about it they have been putting it in milk for quite a while now it seems like they have been prepping the population for some sort of genetic harvest or somthing. Everything they tell us is wrong. Flouride destroys IQ,hydrogenated vegetable oils are cancerous as well as super inflammatory,chlorine is toxic,aspartame is cancerous and supposedly cholesterol is bad but in fact the good kind is extremely important. Maybe we should jut do the opposite of what the govt and the health associations are saying and see wht happens.
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:25 pm

WR wrote:Don't take D3 supplements... Couldn't agree more, here's why

Eskimos on traditional diets of whales, seal & walrus blubber, didn't have any vitamin D defiency.
Now that they have switched to a modern diet they have some of the worst cases of Vitamin D deficiency there is in the world.

Why you ask?
Well as you know vitamin D is fat soluble, when you eat the fat your consuming Bio available (negatively charged) absorbable vitamin D.

Wow!
When did people start getting vitamin D deficiency then?
That's a good question...
About the time when the claim was made under the name of science that stated that cholesterol was caused by saturated animal fat & animal fat should be avoided at all cost for heart & artery health, even though people had been surviving healthy of animal fat for century's, instead of animal fats they wanted the masses to eat wheat (bread) which the human stomach cant process & will inflame the intestines so you cant absorb nutrients.

Far out... That's evil, Why would they do such a thing?
Mmmmph, ... It all started when "Pharmaceutical Companies" started a dis-information campaign on peoples health back in the beginning of the 19th century, they realized that healthy people don't make bumper profits>>>

-They were telling us that fluoride is good for our teeth, when actually it was first used it in the military camps to keep the prisoners docile & easy to control.
-& also Hitler used chlorine, in the gas chambers to kill lots of Jews (bad man)
-They started sneaking toxic & estrogen materials into all our food/product supply under a purposely confusing mis labelled contents scheme.
F#&k
Next they will be telling us that "radiation is nutritious"

That's great and all but you didn't say why Vit d3 shouldn't be taken as a supplement and what the negatives of taking it are so please, elaborate on that.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 pm

WOW!!!!!! Ok omfg!!!

Let me tell you this, about a month back i started D supplementing, literally the next day i got hit by flu. This flu knocked me out and I STILL have it now!
These last 2 weeks ive been telling everyone how I NEVER am ill for so long. ALL the time I had flu I was thinking to myself it felt like my immune system wasnt even trying to fight it, and all this time I was taking D3 supps!!

D3 suppresses the immune system? Hell yea it does, cant believe how much damage I will have done to myself these past few weeks!! Dx

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Nuuu_Dx wrote:WOW!!!!!! Ok omfg!!!

Let me tell you this, about a month back i started D supplementing, literally the next day i got hit by flu. This flu knocked me out and I STILL have it now!
These last 2 weeks ive been telling everyone how I NEVER am ill for so long. ALL the time I had flu I was thinking to myself it felt like my immune system wasnt even trying to fight it, and all this time I was taking D3 supps!!

D3 suppresses the immune system? Hell yea it does, cant believe how much damage I will have done to myself these past few weeks!! Dx

The complete opposite has happened to me, haven't come down with the flu once since starting D3.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 pm

I can not believe that Paul Feyerabend was referenced in a thread about vitamin D on a hair loss forum.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 am

There's new research in the area of vitamin D.

Let me just state for the lack of time that many posts on this thread are utterly baseless and should be ignored.
As said numerous times in the past, the devil is in the details and when discussion is made on these topics, it sends a shock wave of ignorance.

I'll post the new info when I get some time.

Don't throw away your vitamin D. And no it doesn't suppress the immune system (unless you're low on animal form vitamin A, which keeps it in check).

The real question perhaps should be changed to...."What are the limitations of active vitamin D conversion?"
"What prevents an active conversion to take place."

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:33 am

^this is a topic that was covered EXTENSIVELY in the past and from waht I recall the answer was that D is good but make sure you get all the co-factors etc as well thorugh diet or supps. Think it was Animal form (full) vitamin A, Borons, chromiums and C that were needed for proper conversion of D? Might be wrong though.

Either way if you look you'll find a TON of info on this topic in old threads.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 pm

I take D3 5000 iu for 2 months (http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Healthy-Origins-Vitamin-D3-5-000-IU-360-Softgels/18335/?p=1&lang=en )

and today i got my blood test results

25 OH VITAMIN D3 ---> 30.1
Range...10 - 60 (ng/ml)

Is it low? Should i raise my dose at 10000 iu?

I follow a very healthy diet and i live at a very sunshine Country.

CS, could you advise ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Steve_gr I take that same brand of D3 ..... maybe they didnt "mix it" correctly - it looks very strange you are so low.

For the record - my old mother has had *severe* osteoarthritis and had surgery implants in both her angles and her lower back. Luckily when she started supp just 2400 IU every winter - but not in summer - the disease has halted /stopped progressing. I wish that I had knowledge about supp earlier and could have given her D3 supp much earlier - like years before .. but D3 alone stopped the OA. I dont think telling my old motehr to throw away her D3 will be very wise .. LOL.

Steve_Gr wrote:I take D3 5000 iu for 2 months (http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Healthy-Origins-Vitamin-D3-5-000-IU-360-Softgels/18335/?p=1&lang=en )

and today i got my blood test results

25 OH VITAMIN D3 ---> 30.1
Range...10 - 60 (ng/ml)

Is it low? Should i raise my dose at 10000 iu?

I follow a very healthy diet and i live at a very sunshine Country.

CS, could you advise ?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm

By the way - the eskimos got their huge doses of d3 from eating the livers of seal, polar bears and cod fish.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:23 am

cpio, i don't know why i am so low after two months on supplement...maybe 5000 iu is just for maintenance...?

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 am

Try eliminating gluten and dairy.

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:05 am

i'll try gluten first...dairy is not easy for me. I still wonder if it is safe 10.000 iu of D3... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

Steve_Gr - About 97% of people require about 10,000 to get their levels above 40 ng/ml

However, having said that, new research shows that it's the fully converted or active forms that we should wonder about, not so much the 25-hydroxy-vitamin D or 25(OH)D which is currently the standard.

Unfortunately, there is no such testing in place at the moment. I will say that oxidative stress if high,
or if in a state of low antioxidant activity, conversion will be lower than normal.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 am

thx CS, i will try 10.000 iu for another two months.
Boron additional have any benefit for better absorption of D?
http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Boron-Chelate-3-mg-100-Capsules/1854

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 am

I know CS has taken 10000 ui of d for a while. Maybe still does. Do you take it with vit A? Your body might not be absorbing it well for some reason or it will just take more months to balance out. Get your blood work checked again in a few months and you'll have a better idea.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 am

It takes a while to build up vitamin D levels. I take Decalcify which contains all the necessary co-factors. Also, yes vitamin A, because it keeps vitamin D in check.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:04 pm

CS if I bought your products because I struggle to swallow capsules is it ok to open them and just eat the powder inside?

I dont just mean for decalcify but for everything? And how would be best to take it this way? Thanks.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Most of the capsules are easy to pull apart, and that approach would be fine. Krill oil however, is in a gel cap, so something else would have to be used.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ibrium Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:46 pm

http://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/channels/news/newly-discovered-effects-vitamin-d-cancer-219089

Right. Well, I'll continue to follow the advice of those who have actually presented evidence that it is good advice, rather than trusting random strangers on forums who can't seem to actually make a case for their claims.

Ibrium

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 am

Will topical vitamin d3 do any good for the skin? I wonder if i can mix it with emu/coconut oil and apply on the skin...

There are studies for the calcipotriol, which is vit D derivative with good odds for some autoimmune diesases.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070208230136.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22879719

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:45 am

by Beebrox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 am
Will topical vitamin d3 do any good for the skin? I wonder if i can mix it with emu/coconut oil and apply on the skin...

There are studies for the calcipotriol, which is vit D derivative with good odds for some autoimmune diesases.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070208230136.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22879719

Now we get a better understanding of the coeliac and Alopecia Areata connection, as the gluten causes the immune system to produce antibodies that attack the small bowel containing villi, the villi atrophies and degrades the villi's ability to absorb fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin D. So this might be one reason why the calcipotriol works for those patients.

tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 am

tonyj wrote:

Now we get a better understanding of the coeliac and Alopecia Areata connection, as the gluten causes the immune system to produce antibodies that attack the small bowel containing villi, the villi atrophies and degrades the villi's ability to absorb fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin D. So this might be one reason why the calcipotriol works for those patients.

So this is basically form of Vit D deficiency reversed with topical calcipotriol? How good would D3 work as topical? I am trying to put connections between gut flora with lactobacilus acidophilus, etc. and gluten sensitivity/high oxalates together and how it relates to vit D and fat soluble vitamins. Can you expand your answer a bit in this direction?

And general anti gluten/low oxalate question.
To eat or not to eat Buckwheat? It's high in oxalates despite of low gluten content.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next