Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease

4 posters

Go down

Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease Empty Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease

Post  Grateful Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi again IH,

I got a bit of a scare today watching a hair loss expert talk on tv discussing how those with balding crowns often have a higher rate of heart disease. Well, as you know, I am one of those whose crown has thinned resulting in a 3 to 4 inch bald patch there. If you look at me face on you would never know that I was balding. Therefore I'm now worried about the possible connection between thinning crown hair and heart disease. So, I would like to ask you IH for your valuable advice once again. What supplements should I take to prevent any possible heart disease and even reverse any problems that may be undetectable at the moment. Should I be taking COQ10, green tea, magnesium etc? Would you be kind enough to outline a detailed supplement program for this, and hopefully will assist with hair growth as well. Also it sounds like you're working on a topical (with Nidhogge?) - any updates you are willing to reveal right now? Looking forward to any advice you can offer.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease Empty Re: Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease

Post  nidhogge Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:54 am

Grateful--

IH'll be able to tackle the heart disease issue best for you, though you're right on with the CoQ10 and Magnesium. I recommend www.puremagoil.com's Magnesium Chloride at 5-8 dropperfuls on the scalp after rinsing shampoo out of your hair in the shower, and letting it sit overnight (towel dry). That will give you a few grams of Magnesium transdermally, and will also help to potentially regrow hair.

The topical consists of three potent hair growth factors. Here are the ingredients (no unnatural preservatives or any garbage):

- 10% Noggin 500ppm,
- 10% Keramin2 500ppm
- 10% Prohairin beta 4 500ppm
- Distilled water

It's all nano-encapsulated for great absorption, and has a shelf life of two years at room temperature.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease Empty Re: Thinning of crown indicates high risk of heart disease

Post  Grateful Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:53 am

Thanks for that Nidhogge. I've thought about using magnesium oil before but will definitely give it a try. I know IH has also recommended its use. As for the topical, is this something that you will be manufacturing as a product or do we get the ingredients ourselves to make it up?

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:24 am

Grateful--

You're welcome man! The product will come manufactured as is, and ready to use. The same goes for the topical that Primordial Performance is developing! They have all the ingredients in, and will be giving me an update at the end of the week as to their preliminary results with formulating. I can't freakin' wait to begin using both of these, *very* optimistic about it all and the absorption for both through the skin and to the follicle will be awesome.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 am

Grateful - Some of the "top 6" helps a lot with heart disease prevention, such as Acetyl L-Carnitine, Ecklonia Cava, Lipoic acid, Lignans and Cod liver oil (or Krill Oil).

Like you mentioned, Co-Q10 & Magnesium are essential.

Other essentials are Vitamin D and Vitamin K2. Vitamin D dosage should be a minimum of 2,000 IU but closer to 5,000 IU is important if you live in an area that doesn't get regular sun exposure.

If there are any digestive issues, this could lead to tissue oxygenation problems. Low stomach acid production could be the cause. Sometimes an iodine shortage is the link. Arrhythmia problems are also linked to iodine shortage.

Taurine can help with stomach acid production, Arginine can dilate small vessels up to 250%, decreasing blood pressure and boosting blood flow.

Low testosterone is one of the most predictive causes of heart disease. Ensuring that levels are adequate will go a long way.

Choline from either eggs or lecithin can be important to tame homocysteine, even when other B-vitamins fail. B-complex from whole or active sources can be vital also.

All eight fractions of the vitamin E family can overcome some "genetic anomalies" concerning those who are at risk for endothelial dysfunction.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks heaps IH - most appreciated. Great to see that your protocol is a hear protector as well. Will get into the magnesium oil as well. Bit confused about the vitamin D. Do I use vitamin D or vitamin D3. Bit worried about the vitamin K as well. I had stomach ulcers many years ago and heard that vitamin K may cause internal bleeding. Any substance to that. Good to hear what you have to say on the Vitamin D and K. Anyway, I feel good that I'm protecting my hear as well as my hair with your protocol. Thanks again.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:19 am

Grateful--

Vitamin K2, not Vitamin K! Particularly, Mena-Q7 I think it's called...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:24 am

Grateful - Vitamin K was originally considered the "coagulation" vitamin, but it does much more than that. A lack of vitamin K could lead to a bleeding ulcer, also antagonists, such as coumadin (warfarin) which block vitamin K. Vitamin K2, which is vastly superior to K1 does a number of other important functions, but mainly it keeps calcium in the right places and away from your arteries. Vitamin K2, also may help your hair (See this page under the Candida section for more info: http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/physiology.htm )

Vitamin D, as D3. Some of this comes from Cod Liver Oil, but it may not be enough. Low levels of vitamin D are associated with cardiac mortality, and vice verse. In fact, low levels of vitamin D are associated with increases in all cause mortality.

There's a few supplements on the market which contain both Vitamin D & K2 together.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=8960410333575640136&at=0

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=7448736872052936004&at=0

I forgot to mention one other important factor for heart disease. Excessive iron that accumulates as well as other metals. Patients have seen better hair after chelation therapy, as this binds to various metals which increase oxidative stress. Lead is especially harmful to the vascular system. Even a tiny amount of lead, once thought to be benign is very destructive.

Iron levels can be brought down in two ways, other than chelation, which is through donating blood a few times per year or by taking IP6. Lead and other metals can be reduced by taking Humifulvate, which is a combination of humic, fulvic, and phenolic acids.

Getting the lead out, is one of the best ways to prevent damaged to the arteries. Getting rid of excess metals in general even protects against prostate diseases, such as BPH, Prostatitis, and prostate cancer.

Getting plenty of whole, unrefined salt in the diet is a good thing. Low sodium intake is associated with higher mortality. I realize the AHA (Another Heart Attack) would disagree, since their stance is strict reduction of salt, but most people get sodium from processed foods anyway. Himalayan, Celtic or sea salt is pretty good for the vascular system.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:36 am

CS...I am relatively metal free (done significant testing) but one problem I may have which could correlate to my weak crown area is as you said in the post above Lead. I've been using a slow cooker almost daily for the last year and I've since discovered nearly all have lead in the glaze which leeches out in the cooking process. I know different metal chelators have an affinity for different metals and was wondering what you're pick is for the substance that is specifically best for removing lead.

Thanks

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks IH for taking the time to write such a detailed response to my inquiry. The D3 and K2 combo looks great and I'll be adding it to the top 6. I hope others out there on this forum take note of this info - it's no good battling for a full head of hair if you are neglecting the other parts of you that keep you alive. I have thought about doing a course of chelation therapy recently but the cost and time is quite extensive. Could you suggest an oral chelation program and how long you would have to do it for and how often. I do have quite a few teeth with fillings and this concerns me but replacing them all is not practical at the moment. BTW, what's your opinion on protein powders? Once again IH I appreciate you're help very much.

Nidhogge - thanks to you as well. I looked at the Toco-8 from Primordial Performance. So, you think it's worth getting and adding to ones supplement program. The claims they make regarding this product seem quite outstanding. Is this what you are using yourself and will you be using it in conjunction with the topical you are formulating?

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:08 am

Hey Grateful--

I will actually be using a bit of the Toco-8 in the topical formula that I'm creating as a way to directly get the tocotrienols to the hair follicle. The fact that the product is a ground-up fresh powder as opposed to going through intense heating into gelatin also maintains a lot of its nutritional value. PM me your full name and I'll pass it on to the company head to get you a bit of a discount!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 pm

isaac - As far as convenience goes, I think Humic/fulvic acid is the best way to remove lead. The reason is that you can do it at home on a daily basis. IV-Chelation is effective, but is quite expensive and requires a good 30 treatments. This would usually run about 3 grand. So while it may take longer to remove lead orally, it's a good way to go.

Check out this page, it will have some information regarding lead. Note the amounts used are much higher than the supplements usually available.

http://www.humichealth.info/hungheavymetal.html
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks CS...

What dosage for this product? http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4926&at=0

Also have you heard about Cilantro? It seems extremly effective to the extent that it removes metals too fast. Dr. Yoshiaki Omura discovered it after giving people Vietnamese soup (loaded with Cilantro) then noticing large metal excretions.

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:52 pm

isaac - One a day is fine, keep in mind that it should not be taken with other supplements at least an hour before and after. Swanson's has a product that has this along with Cilantro in it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Seems like a great alternative to IV- chelation and definitely a cheaper alternative. How long would you need to be on this method though? Thanks IH

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:27 am

Nidhogge - thanks for the offer. Interesting to see that you're putting Toco-8 into your topical. Looking forward to giving it a try. Will PM you before I restock my supplement supply.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:31 am

Grateful - The Enzymatic therapy product says not to exceed 3 eight week cycles, so a break should be taken. This is contrary to Swansons' product which contains the same amount of Humic/fulvic acid, which they suggest can be taken everyday. But in any case how long? If you were to request a 24-hour urine collection for heavy metals test, this is a good way to quantify your progress. The goal is to have virtually no lead in the system.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Probably will go for the three 8 week cycle one. Great info and thanks for all your help IH>

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down