Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again)

+4
CausticSymmetry
number364
The Natural
JosephineMarie
8 posters

Go down

Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) Empty Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again)

Post  JosephineMarie Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Ok, so I bought a bottle of capsaicin 40,000 heat units that are formulated to be "cool in the stomach." Now I see there's a doctor, Richard Shulze who says it won't do any good if you don't actually put the cayenne directly into your mouth. I hardly can bear the thought of putting cayenne directly into my mouth/mixing it in a drink and trying to drink it the suggested 3 times a day. Does anybody do this and do you think that taking the capsules is as worthless as this doc says it is? He seems to be rather an ass, but he could be an ass who knows what he's talking about and I don't want to dismiss it without checking it out. Irregardless, I am rather impressed as to what I have read that capsaicin can do for increasing circulation so I want to try to find a way to incorporate it into my regimen. I figure it can only help on the hair front. Thoughts?
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) Empty Re: Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again)

Post  The Natural Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:16 pm

So "check it out." You didn't need to start a new thread for that, Missy.

Cayenne pepper has been discussed here and at other forums, ad nauseum: putting some directly in your mouth, will set that pretty lil' tongue of yours on fire and cause your eyes to water; consuming large quantities of it (450 mg. or higher a day), will accelerate hair loss in men suffering from MPB.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:33 am

The Natural wrote:So "check it out." You didn't need to start a new thread for that, Missy.

Cayenne pepper has been discussed here and at other forums, ad nauseum: putting some directly in your mouth, will set that pretty lil' tongue of yours on fire and cause your eyes to water; consuming large quantities of it (450 mg. or higher a day), will accelerate hair loss in men suffering from MPB.

Missy? Are you serious? My pretty lil' tongue? How do you know my tongue is pretty? Maybe I have a big fat cow tongue and I drool out the side of my mouth. Don't make me reach throught this computer and slap you silly! Razz

But seriously--I HAVE been checking it out. I started this thread here b/c I am just hoping someone smarter than me will weigh in with their opinion--you should view that I posted it here as a compliment as I feel there is a large collection of highly intelligent people on THIS particular site--therefore, when I want answers re particular supplements, my first inclination is to post here. I'm sure that taking it in the mouth is more effective that the caps, but, my point--I don't really want to and I want to know if anybody has had luck with the caps and/or just how much less effective is it when taken that way. Maybe nobody on this site takes it because most of you here are men and are convinced it will accelerate your hair loss, as you said.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) Empty 450mg is not high!

Post  number364 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 am

450mg is not high! 40.000 Heat units is 0.25% so every 450mg capsule has about 1.125mg capsaicin . In the Study with possitive results they used 6mg capsaicin. To reproduce the study you will need 5-6 capsules per day together with soy isoflavones

number364

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:06 am

number364 wrote:450mg is not high! 40.000 Heat units is 0.25% so every 450mg capsule has about 1.125mg capsaicin . In the Study with possitive results they used 6mg capsaicin. To reproduce the study you will need 5-6 capsules per day together with soy isoflavones

Well that just burns my ass (ha ha)--the deception about exactly how much capsaicin is in each capsule--good to know, thank you. Yeah, CS told me about the study with the capsaicin and soy isoflavones yesterday but I am unwilling to ingest soy. I am using capsaicin more to improve my circulation in combo with Gingko rather than fight DHT in particular. I have a whole host of other supps and products I am using to fight DHT.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:10 am

number364 wrote:450mg is not high! 40.000 Heat units is 0.25% so every 450mg capsule has about 1.125mg capsaicin . In the Study with possitive results they used 6mg capsaicin. To reproduce the study you will need 5-6 capsules per day together with soy isoflavones

And I am telling you Huckleberry, taking more than 450 mg. of cayenne pepper (let alone "5 or 6 capsules," heaven forbid!) will accelerate the hair loss of MPB sufferers. This, I know from personal experience, as well as, from reading the posts of others.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:02 pm

I second The Natural. Taking too much cayenne (which is really easy to do) is pretty bad for hair. The study on IGF-1 used a mere 6 mg.

Myself and others have taken lots of cayenne and it accelerated hair loss. Studies show that it promotes hair loss. 6 mg provides a hormesis effect, but beyond that, it is risky.

It's probably the one single natural supplement that can cause hair loss that I've ever come across.

I took large amounts of cayenne because the research supported binding of TRPV1 and reduction of neurogenic inflammation, however taking it orally did just the opposite, it accelerated neurogenic inflammation.

Topically, I found the opposite effect (it reduces the itch), although it was not that effective for hair loss itself.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  number364 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 pm

u missed my point. regardless of what capsaicin will do to hair , i wanted to point out that 6mg of it is contained in 5 to 6 capsules of 450mg cayenne pepper. 40000 HU means 0.25% . Thats because 16milion HU is 100% pure capsaicin.simple maths. so each 450mg capsule has a little over 1mg . And the only study we have is about capsaicin and isoflavones combined . I havent found a study that shows what cayenne alone does to hair. Anecdotal is fine but i put a bit more of my trust in actual
in-vivo studies.

number364

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:20 pm

numbers,

I, unfortunately, know of no other source of capsaicin, than cayenne pepper. And what, I feel, is relevant to this discussion is whether one should consume cayenne pepper in "large" quantities.

In time, you will learn to believe (trust) personal testimonies from forum posters more than "actual in-vivo studies" conducted by people whom you have never met (online or otherwise).

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

For what it's worth, my last experiment with cayenne used 100,000 STU capsules and I took a minimum of six per day. It took my hair a real turn for the worst.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  number364 Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:59 am

well i aint tryin capsaicin anyway because the igf-1 upregulation goes against CR im practicing . CS ,man , u tool a lot of it!

number364

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:19 am

I drink cayenne pepper in water. Less than a teaspoon. How many mg of capsicum would that be? Am I taking too much? I've been doing this for a while and haven't noticed any increase shed or decrease. I also use it topically and I like doing that a lot as it's caused new vellus hairs and like CS said, it takes away the itch and makes my scalp feel healthier.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:21 am

Yank - Yes, topically is a different story. I have found it to feel good (although it can spill in the wrong places sometimes). No negatives topically.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am

how about how much im taking internally? i use 35,000 iu (of heat??) organic cayenne.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) Empty Thanks

Post  ezmbh Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:44 am

Ok, thank you for sharing your experience so others like me dont waste time on something that doesnt work.

I was about to purchase cayenne after i read about the soy/cayenne combination from this link: http://www.hairloss-research.org/soy-cayennecombination-08.html

But, many here seem to have experienced a negative effect from using this. Now, I have to research this more and find more positive (if it exists) evidence that it would work before I try it. Thanks for your forewarning.

That website has it's own hair loss regimen, similar in some ways and very different in others to the IH regimen: http://www.hairloss-research.org/ProtocolMen08.html anyone here got any comment on this regimen?

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:13 am

CS - The Natural :

How do we know if the shed people have tended to experience on cayenne/soy is nothing but a normal shed induced by a new treatment, like when one starts finasteride or minox etc ? The Natural, you say you have read several personal testimonials on cayennne, but has any of them lasted for several months ?

CS- I remember you saying resveratrol/curcumin is working in the same way. Is what you mean that curcmin/resv increases dermal IGF-1 ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Cayenne/Capsaicin (yeah, again) Empty Cayenne in topical

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 am

Ok, so I tried Cayenne mixed with coconut oil and mustard oils once with each as a topical, and massaged it in. Next day, hair shafts at my forehead (ie, front) broke when I massaged them. Not that they are thin already at that place, and that the shafts broke, and not the complete hair got pulled out. Just reporting, not sure if this was necessarily caused by Cayenne, or that it's necessarily a bad thing.

9r5
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:03 am

Made a typo in the above post, correcting-

Please note that the hair shafts at the front are thinner than at other places, and that the shafts broke, but the complete hair did not get pulled out. Just reporting, not sure if this was necessarily caused by Cayenne, or that it's necessarily a bad thing.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 am

not sure. i guess the cayenne could have maybe dried out the hairs or something... maybe try not leaving it in so long
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down