Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism?

+3
nidhogge
Misirlou
j87x
7 posters

Go down

More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? Empty More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism?

Post  j87x Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm tired a lot, not sure if I would diagnose myself with chronic fatigue syndrome or not though. ALC/ALA and COQ10 seem to help a little, but I still lack the energy to put in a good workout every day. I ordered some D-ribose.

I've been interval running, doing pushups & lifting dumbells, along with a decent diet, I think I'm losing a little weight but I can't get rid of stubborn belly fat. I'm 20, so I don't know if I should be taking DHEA yet? I used to have a pretty good metabolism, I'm not sure if finasteride is responsible for slowing it down or not. I've been taking CLA, GTE, ACV pills, and ALC/ALA. I saw the Cissus Quadrangularis thread, so I will probably start taking that soon too.

Any other supplements I might want to add for any of this? thanks

j87x

Back to top Go down

More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? Empty Re: More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism?

Post  Misirlou Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Checkout FRS Antioxidant energy, Goji, Applepoly and Acai.

Any thoughts about having a stomach-fat-dissolve-procedure by injections?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism? Empty Re: More supplements for increasing energy, burning fat, and speeding up metabolism?

Post  j87x Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Where do you get applepoly from? And I don't know anything about injections, are they safe?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:52 am

Don't mess with injections, especially at 20...c'mon guys.

How's your Iodine intake? Taking adequate Magnesium Orotate or Magnsium Oil daily?

Give me a day example of what you eat.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:25 am

I don't think you should even be thinking about using DHEA at age 20 unless you get levels checked out by a Dr.

List your exercise routine and your diet in detail and be honest about it.

I can say from past experiences that Green Tea Extract, ACV and CLA have had minimal impact when it comes to burning fat/losing weight for me. I'd almost say they are borderline not effective in that area.

Ephedrine/Ephedra worked wonders for me back in 2000 when it was legal, but it's not safe to take and shouldn't be messed around with.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 am

That ruling has been overturned for some time now, you can get Ephedrine online pretty easily from just about any supp. store related to bodybuilding or nutrition. Stuff certainly does work but isn't healthy for you...at least not combined with the other things in it. I believe it exacerbated my hair loss in my 5th year of college when I was taking it steadily for a month combined with sleepless nights cramming for exams and doing projects.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 am

nidhoggie - the only iodine I get is from my centrum multivitamin. I've been taking 2 magnesium citrate tablets daily until they run out, then I'll get some orotate or aspertate. As for what I eat, for breakfast either an egg and some whole wheat toast, oatmeal or cereal, sometimes bacon or other meat with it. Lunch - either fish (can of tuna or kippers) a sandwich or top roman. I usually eat 1 - 2 pieces of fruit a day, apple and banana. I always eat some sort of vegetables with dinner, along with some meat or pasta. At night I get hungry and snack on cereal, chips, toast or something. I try to keep under 2000 calories.

hadrion - As for my exercise routine, for the past 5 months or so I've been burning 400 calories jogging on the treadmill at least 5 days a week, doing curls and lifting dumbells and regular push ups. I realized I needed to get a more full body workout, but I don't really want to pay for a gym, and I have no one to go with anyway. So the past month I have been doing all of these: http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html 10 reps a day of each one is all I can handle so far, I do maybe 4x a week. I have also been doing most the pushups in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWKW19dgceQ not everyday, but maybe 3x a week I will do 10 reps of each one. I have also been trying interval running, I will run at a high speed for as long as I can then continue fast walking, I will do this 3x during the time I am on the treadmill. I have been more tired since I started this and don't feel like doing it every day.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:40 am

j87x - Rather than taking DHEA, you'll want to maximize your DHEA production. If you check out the Adrenal Fatigue page, those Standard Process supplements can rebuild you in a few months.

Or something simpler would be to take this for a while.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6016&at=0

If you get hungry at night that's a sign that your intestinal microflora are not conducive satiating your appetite.
Check out this probiotic and see if it cuts off your nighttime eating desires.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=124&at=0
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:20 am

I know I talk about it enough, but hey this works for me. I use a mixture of cacao, maca and whatever else, blend them together, drink, and then workout. You will pump reps like you never thought possible. Cacao is a stimulant but not a nervous system stimulant like coffee or caffiene. Theobromine (the energy part of cacao) dialates the blood vessels to allow more oxygen to move throughout the body. You also get the benefits of serotonin and tryptophan, which make you feel good. Maca boosts hormones and energy, which will increase your endurance. I honestly believe I have almost created the killer workout shake.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 am

Very interesting sublime, I may try that out. I have been oversleeping a lot lately, I will feel tired if I don't get 12 hours of sleep a night. How long do you have to use the Natural Sources Raw Thyroid to see results?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:05 am

sublime9 wrote:I know I talk about it enough, but hey this works for me. I use a mixture of cacao, maca and whatever else, blend them together, drink, and then workout. You will pump reps like you never thought possible. Cacao is a stimulant but not a nervous system stimulant like coffee or caffiene. Theobromine (the energy part of cacao) dialates the blood vessels to allow more oxygen to move throughout the body. You also get the benefits of serotonin and tryptophan, which make you feel good. Maca boosts hormones and energy, which will increase your endurance. I honestly believe I have almost created the killer workout shake.

Sublime -- do you have an online source for the Cacao and how much of it are you dropping into your shake? I already supp with Maca. I'd add the Cacao and give it a whirl.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:33 am

j87x - Hard to say, but you'll probably notice some indication early on.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:24 am

d-ribose has been giving me diarrhea, I take the recommended 1 1/2 tsp daily. I guess I can't take that anymore. Goji, cocao, maca, PM, etc hasn't been helping much with energy either. I take melatonin/valarian to go to bed early, wake up 7 hours later but I can't make it the whole day without getting tired and wanting to take a nap.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 am

j87x I believe in glandular extracts ever since getting amazing results with an adrenal cortex supplement. In the last two days I started using Raw Thyroid once a day. The results are quite good so far even with just one cap per day since this is a concentrated product. It not only contains thyroid but also adrenal, thymus etc extracts.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:33 am

I second zerx, also if there is any lingering Candida that can really put the brakes on energy. The glandulars actually help boost up body produced hormones and help crank out the energy we are supposed to have.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down