Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What is the deal with my energy... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What is the deal with my energy... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What is the deal with my energy... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What is the deal with my energy... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What is the deal with my energy... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What is the deal with my energy... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What is the deal with my energy... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What is the deal with my energy... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What is the deal with my energy... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is the deal with my energy...

+3
scottyc33
hapyman
lund
7 posters

Go down

What is the deal with my energy... Empty What is the deal with my energy...

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm having some problems with energy levels. I am the kind of person that has a hard time waking up in the morning. I have no problem falling asleep basically at any time of the day. I can basically fall asleep whenever I want in any situation, in cars, airplanes, sitting up in a chair, on the floor, dark out or light out, noisy or loud. I get tired pretty easily and just sleep alot. Is there any indication of what this might be and what i can do to help

Back to top Go down

What is the deal with my energy... Empty Re: What is the deal with my energy...

Post  lund Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) AKA Adrenal Fatigue (AF).

Have your saliva cortiosl checked 4x /day - this will tell you where your cortisol levels are. From what you are describing it sounds like your cortisol levels are low and you may have primary (pituitary - ACTH) or secondary (Adrenal) Adrenal insufficiency. Do not let it sit any long - if you have AF, the sooner you start rebuilding them the better your chances are for a recovery (if at all).

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:50 am

CS or anyone else,

any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:51 am

My energy has been much much better since adding Brewer's Yeast. The B vitamins must've been something that I was lacking. Vitamin C helps too but the two together seem to be working better than either alone. Plus I notice my energy suffers in correlation to a poor diet. I generally feel worn out when eating too many processed foods.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:27 am

lund wrote:Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) AKA Adrenal Fatigue (AF).

Have your saliva cortiosl checked 4x /day - this will tell you where your cortisol levels are. From what you are describing it sounds like your cortisol levels are low and you may have primary (pituitary - ACTH) or secondary (Adrenal) Adrenal insufficiency. Do not let it sit any long - if you have AF, the sooner you start rebuilding them the better your chances are for a recovery (if at all).

How do you have your saliva cortisol checked ?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:00 am

I'm pretty sure too much vit C can make you tired as well.

Brewers yeast is good but damn the taste is impossible to handle - can't hide it!
I have Lewis Labs version.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:38 am

I bought the tablets from Swanson's. No taste.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:14 pm

ya... how do you get your cortisol levels checked?

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 pm

1..... - Salivary cortisol levels taken four different times of the day. There are more sophisticated tests however. I should say that adrenal fatigue can be quite complex and in some cases, such as the ACTH suppression test when adrenal failure is not so simple and could indicate an adrenal disease.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm

how do I go about getting this test done? should I see the family doctor?

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:35 pm

1..... wrote:I'm having some problems with energy levels. I am the kind of person that has a hard time waking up in the morning. I have no problem falling asleep basically at any time of the day. I can basically fall asleep whenever I want in any situation, in cars, airplanes, sitting up in a chair, on the floor, dark out or light out, noisy or loud. I get tired pretty easily and just sleep alot. Is there any indication of what this might be and what i can do to help

It sounds more like hypothyroid. Adrenal fatigue has ups and downs in energy throughout the day, especially at night where they get a second wind of energy and can't sleep till about 1 in the morning. If you can fall asleep at any time of day or night, then it sounds like hypothyroid since they are tired all the time.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:06 am

Espio - this is not that simple. If one is Hypothyroid, chances are you may be AFed as well. Unless Hashimoto, thyroid problems do start with AF (not all but in many cases). If his cortisol levels are shot, you will be sleepy (no energy) all day long.

As CS suggested, AF can be primary or secondary. can be due to Pituitary problems (low or no ACTH) to Adrenal itself failing. In both cases you have shortage or cortisol (can be of aldosterone as well). A simple saliva 4x /day test would reveal the cortisol/dhea curve and you go from there.

Espio wrote:
1..... wrote:I'm having some problems with energy levels. I am the kind of person that has a hard time waking up in the morning. I have no problem falling asleep basically at any time of the day. I can basically fall asleep whenever I want in any situation, in cars, airplanes, sitting up in a chair, on the floor, dark out or light out, noisy or loud. I get tired pretty easily and just sleep alot. Is there any indication of what this might be and what i can do to help

It sounds more like hypothyroid. Adrenal fatigue has ups and downs in energy throughout the day, especially at night where they get a second wind of energy and can't sleep till about 1 in the morning. If you can fall asleep at any time of day or night, then it sounds like hypothyroid since they are tired all the time.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:47 am

how do I get thsi test done. And do you guys have any recommendations on how to fix either my hypothyroid or AF?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:48 am

and I did the barnes test and I was lower than normal

Back to top Go down

What is the deal with my energy... Empty How long you are facing this problems?

Post  medicalguy Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:52 am

I faced to the same situation in my childhood. But I haven’t got any physical illness. Sometimes this may be due to mental issue. How long you are facing this problems? Did you meet any doctor?

medicalguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down