Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract

+2
goten574
phoenix21
6 posters

Go down

Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract Empty Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract

Post  phoenix21 Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 am

I did some searching and I cant find the exact threads that I remebered on these. What is the best way to apply these two topically? Do they need to be diluted?

JDP, I think I remembered back on regrowth that you had some moderate success in applying these to the hairline. Do you still do this?

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract Empty Re: Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract

Post  goten574 Mon May 10, 2010 9:02 am

Slightly off topic but my shampoo has lots of good ingredients in it and at the side it says this:

- No SLS
- No Parabens
- No harsh perservaties
- No animal testing
- 100% vegetarian ingredients

BUT with this list it also says:

- no grapefruit seed extract

Now why would the shampoo company "Avalon Organics" boast this? Isn't Grapefruit Seed Extract good for hair?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract Empty Re: Topical application of acv and grapefruit seed extract

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 10, 2010 9:14 am

This stuff may be your ticket! I think it looks great! --

http://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/shop/shop.php?action=full&id=17

I am ordering some later Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 10, 2010 9:16 am

Although I just realized it's UK based so it might cost you a tad more, great shampoo though isn't it? Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon May 10, 2010 11:02 am

phoenix21,

I don't really use topicals or anything to combat hair loss anymore beyond diet and a few other things. Looking back on it, the grapefruit seed extract probably worked so well because it was removing calcification ... similiar to Prague's topical enzymes/hyaluronic acid. You see, grapefruit seed extract is extremely acidic. A strong acid will remove calcification.

Regarding ACV, I wouldn't recommend topical application as there are better topicals such as topical lysine. However, if you do use bentonite clay or french green clay, etc. then I'd recommend ACV mixed in it ... gives better results.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 10, 2010 11:28 am

I also just grabbed this shampoo as it has things like salicylic acid in it while still being SLS free:

http://www.vitacost.com/Home-Health-Everclean-Antidandruff-Shampoo-Unscented

Is it ok that it has corn oil in it though? I guess the quantity would be low.

But yeah I love the salicylic acid and everything! That should really help with cleansing my scalp!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks for the response JDP! So basically the internals will take care of the calcification. So, if im on the top 6 and a good diet I should be good as far as calcification?

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Mon May 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Jdp, when mixing acv with bentonite clay it starts smelling and bubbling like I have made some kind of "acid". Normal ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon May 10, 2010 6:56 pm

NrwgnKid,

Yes, that's normal.

phoenix21,

Grapefruit seed extract definitely had it's place and I recommend it. I was just meaning that I personally no longer need to use any topicals anymore.

Regarding calcification, I'd recommend more for calcification. You'll want mg amount of k2 mk4 and not the mcg doses. There also is avoiding gluten, keeping a lid on oxalates if you have a problem with them, detox heavy metals, LLLT, boron, magnesium, Krill, keeping a lid on DHT and I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

Also, knowing that a lot of cases of celiac disease/gluten sensitivity is actually lyme biotoxin makes it even more interesting ----> frequency generator ... also have seen it being useful calcification/atherosclerosis.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  coco Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Hoppi:

That first shampoo does look good. I think i might get me some.

So what is your regime with regards to shampoos / conditioners?

Coco

coco

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed May 12, 2010 1:55 am

Yeah it's cool isn't it? Seems to tick a lot of boxes in one Smile

I know the second one isn't quite as good but I really wanted an sls-free shampoo with salicylic acid that's all. Salicylic acid seems great, it removes dead skin from the scalp basically and unblocks follicles, etc.

My regimen erm, joke is at the moment I am using SO little and yet my hair is shedding less and generally improving I think! I don't know what was wrong before or.. but whatever is going on, I think my situation is improving!

At the moment all I am taking is curcumin, a good dose of high quality fish oil, biotin and Sensoril, and sometimes garlic and gotu kola, and as I've got in my signature I really like aloe vera and coconut lol, they are great as they are anti-inflammatory, antifungal and just generally great for detox. My diet I've improved a LOT, it's totally non/anti-inflammatory and based around fibre and protein. I'm eating meat again, and not things like soy, I don't eat gluten or dairy hardly ever (just occasionally). Loads of mineral water, never tapwater, no chemicals.. pff god knows what else lol. SLS-free shampoos.

I think plummeting my insulin and cortisol levels and dropping the soy probably did the most good, I was taking lipoic acid and biotin for quite a while so that probably did my insulin sensitivity a fair bit of good.

I am going to get the better shampoos and Hair Regain and the full IH6 and stuff just... because this path seems to be working and I want to keep going down it, improving my health and wait and see! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Wed May 12, 2010 3:25 am

Anyone know the answer to my shampoo ingredient question?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  coco Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks Hoppi:

So you are not taking Resveratrol with the Curcumin? I have been on the top six for a while now, and have added Curcumin in the last 8 weeks or so. I think it is actually increasing my shedding, what time of day do you take it, also with food??

Coco

coco

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am

I just take things whenever really, lol

With food if possible Smile

Hmm that sucks you are shedding man ._. Have you had a blood test / checked thyroid etc? How old are you? I would recommend throwing in Sensoril if you are over 24 or so.

Diet is the absolute #1 I think, and working out what the underlying causes for your loss might be, which varies depending on age and all sorts IME.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 16, 2010 7:36 am

Wahey I just used that Handmade Naturals shampoo for the first time and its absolutely excellent! I dont think my hair has ever looked or felt so healthy! Of course other than being antifungal and antiinflammatory (and probably great at clearing sebum on the scalp) it doesnt have any active ingredients for hair loss, but as normal/antidandruff shampoos go its almost definitely the best I've ever used Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down