Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet

+5
gg4545
cporro
CausticSymmetry
Paradox
gregslater
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet Empty Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet

Post  gregslater Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:13 am

While looking at the 200mg DIM product at Roger Mason's website... I noticed ol Roger had a product called Heavy Metal Magnet. Single 'active ingredient is Sodium Alginate. With all the talk on the board about removing lead, mercury, etc. I was curious if any of you guys had looked into it.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet Empty Looks like this one is good whle you still have Amalgams

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:38 am

OK, I see no one has a comment on this.... I'm ordering it from ol Roger today. Looks like it is the one thing recommended if you still have amalgams:

On this page: Detoxing:Getting Started With A Detox Plan

Their recommendation is:

If you still have amalgams in your body, we don't personally recommend that people start detoxing.

Because amalgams offgas mercury vapor 24/7 and because many chelation supplements can pull mercury out of the filling, we believe it's best to wait until all fillings have been removed before you begin a detox program. This includes waiting to take simple and common chelation supplements such as chlorella or ALA (Alpha-Lipoic Acid).

Under the 'Protection' section they state:

We believe the single most important supplement you can take for mercury detox is Algin. Algin is too often overlooked or not known about by alternative health practitioners but it is much too important to forget.

Algin travels through the digestive system and powerfully absorbs mercury as it is thrown into the intestines preventing mercury from being reabsorbed into the body and redeposited into body tissue. Because Algin is so efficient at absorbing mercury, people usually report feeling considerably better taking Algin alone with no other supplementation. Of course, keeping mercury from redistributing itself back into the body is very important to prevent further damage to the body, especially while detoxing. Algin can be taken while amalgam fillings are still in the mouth because it isn't actually a chelator.

They link to their product here: http://onlythebestherbs.com/how.php?sn=675-1

Algin = Sodium Alginate

Here is the link to Rogers' product page for Sodium Alginate. It works out to $15/mth:

http://www.youngagain.com/magento/supplements/heavy-metal-magnet-detox.html
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet Empty Re: Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 am

Here's some info: MCP/Alginate

This is available on iherb.

That's a great site for heavy metal detox info in general.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet Empty Re: Sodium Alginate - Roger's Heavy Metal Magnet

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:09 am

I see the MCC product in the link you provided is a combo of MCP and their 'MAC/Algimate' version of Algin. MCC is capsules only with only 300mg MCP. Right now I have PectiPure capsules from Swansons with 600mg of MCP and with this 500mg product from Roger... this will be close assuming MAC ~= Sodium Alginate.

I already have 2 - 2lbs containers of PectaSol MCP on the way... but that is not for mercury detox but prostate health for me.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:17 am

I've used the ToxGuard by Jarrow which contains MCP and Sodium alginate. I haven't had a chance to compare pricing, but was quite happy with the product.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:07 am

Integrative Medicine and the Role of Modified Citrus Pectin/Alginates in Heavy Metal Chelation and Detoxification – Five Case Reports

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:31 am

Looks like Jarrow's ToxGuard is a good bit cheaper than EcoNugenics' PCC. As my membership is up at LEF and the $75 resub fee gets $95 product credit... I was going to chose EcoNugenics' PCC originally. But as I have the individual components already, I'll probably just triple up on their "CR Mimetic Longevity Formula". I' getting that primarily because they have a good amount of Pterostilbene and Fisetin.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks fir the PDF link. Looks like case #5 used only MCP (as PCC and PDC where not around then) and had a 73% reduction in mercury. That is good to hear as a lot of writeups, when it comes MCP and heavy metal detox, only talk about lead.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:57 am

Yeah it will grab both Hg and Pb. When it comes to all the options and controversy surrounding chelation agents I'm starting to think maybe the best way to go is to try a wide variety of things like the author of that site I linked to above.

I found this the other day and was taken back because I haven't seen any studies relating chelation to mood: The Psychotherapuetic Potention of EDTA Chelation
This may help explain the reports I've read of slight euphoria on EDTA. Interesting stuff.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:04 am

It's interesting they conclude that the benefit is most likely not due to removing toxic metals, but reducing and balancing high levels of essential elements, which is exactly what the natural or targeted chelators like humifulvate/MCP are promoted in part for not doing (at least to the same degree as synthetics).

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 am

I butchered that link. That should be "therapeutic potential"

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14 am

Looking at that study again I realize I'm mixing up things I've read recently and they do not conclude what I said above... They attribute it partly to increased circulation and cellular nutrition.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:22 am

I could really use an edit button! Here is what I was referring to about EDTA benefit but I'm not trying to go too OT on EDTA.

The above data do not support the theory that heavy metal detoxification is primarily responsible for EDTA chelation benefits. An alternative theory might be that instead of total body detoxification, EDTA acts to reduce excess levels of intracellular trace elements located in diseased tissues. Active transport of a spectrum of metals into and out of cells could thus be normalized by restoration of intracellular energy metabolism and integrity of cell membranes. When infused, EDTA remains outside of cells. Slower infusions of EDTA will allow more time for equilibration and for trace metal rebalancing to occur.

William J. Walsh, PhD, senior scientist at the Pfeiffer Treatment Center has stated that the . . . “greatest mischief is usually caused by nutrients that are stored in excessive amounts, rather than those at depleted levels.” Dr. Walsh described marked imbalances of nutritional trace elements in a range of disorders, including learning disabilities, attention deficit disorder, autism, depression, bipolar disorders, criminal behavior, and schizophrenia. Anecdotal reports of benefit from EDTA chelation therapy in such conditions could be explained by redistribution and normalization of excess nutritional metals. All metallic nutrients have the potential to become toxic when they accumulate locally within cells, even if they are deficient elsewhere in the body. It seems unrealistic to limit our focus to a few toxic metals, merely because that was once the principal use of chelation therapy.

http://www.drcranton.com/chelation/EDTA_Mysteries.htm

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:25 am

Looks like until I get all my amalgams out (and it may be a while given the price I've getting quoted by folks known to be good at it), I will be using primarily MCP and Sodium Alginate... Still not sure about Humifulvate esp in the form of "Dr. Laszlo Meszaros' Metal Shield!" from Swansonvitamins that I now have on hand.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/health-library/products/metal-shield.html

Given the amount of mercury reduction (by blocking re-absorption via the gut) some are claiming just with MCP and Sodium Alginate... hopefully that will suffice until the amalgams are out.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am

That interesting info on EDTA chelation.

What is your current strategy on chelation? You probably posted it here so I'll look about.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:46 am

That's a good way to go. You should be fine on humifulvate with the amalgams too.

My strategy is basically the Cutler protocol (ALA/DMSA) with the addition of humifulvate and MCP (toxgaurd). I'm wanting to try edta suppositories but it's hard to justify when edta is a weak chelator of Hg and DMSA chelates Pb and Mg better anyways. That psychological improvement with edta is what sparks my interest.

ALA is probably the cheapest chelator and highly effective (crosses the BBB). DMSA isn't needed with it if you are just going after Hg, but it speeds up the process and helps to reduce the body levels before you start trying to move it out of the brain. The fact that people show improvement on EDTA which doesn't cross the BBB lends support to the theory that decreasing brain levels of Hg and Pb is not how it provides improvement, or that maybe once the body levels are reduced, the metals are able to be mobilized out of the brain.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 am

I have Humifulvate via "Dr. Laszlo Meszaros' Metal Shield!" and it has chlorella, L-cysteine, cilantro, and Spanish black radish in addition to Humifulvate. I haven't looked at those 'co-factors' in regard to Hg, so I was holding off on it. Just bought it on impulse as it is on 2fer1 and also Swansonvitamins has a 10% off entire order promo-code for this month. I don't usually buy things without looking into them a little better, so I'm a little mad at myself :-p

I have put ALA on the self until after I remove all amalgams.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

Looking at the "Protection Protocol for Removing Silver/Mercury Fillings' my dentist wants me to do following removal of all amalgams, I see he has listed an 'Intestinal Metal Detox'. It only mentions having purified silica with 'covalently attached metal-binding groups'. No mention of anything like Algin and or MCP, so I will bring them up on my next visit to see just what he is up on in regards to detox.

He also lists 1g of OSR and states its PMO is raising Glutathione levels. I know some of the guys here are using it or have. But the Glutathione comment makes me wonder if I should drop the NAC I cycle with Milk Thistle and TMG for liver health until after the amalgams are removed. scratch

Here is his protocol:

We follow The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology protocols for the safe removal of silver/mercury fillings. This protocol includes:

1. Protection of the soft tissues of the mouth with barrier protection using a “rubber dam”. Our material is a latex free dam made from nitrile which is hypo allergenic and does not allow mercury vapor to pass through.

2. High volume evacuation of silver/mercury particles and aerosol using a “Clean-Up” tip designed to be more efficient in trapping the particle.

3. Protection of our guests from the aerosol created upon removal by breathing medical grade oxygen supplied through a nasal mask. You will also notice that my assistant and I will be wearing a mask for our own protection.

In addition to our standard protocol we offer optional but highly advised nutritional supplementation with:

1. Oxidative Stress Relief – OSR is a dietary supplement with a daily dose of 100MG. OSR raised glutathione levels, the primary antioxidant that remove mercury and other toxins from the body. Thyroid desease, hypotension, and diabetes are associated with low glutathione levels so these conditions should be monitored closely when taking this supplement.

2. Intestinal metal detoxification program. The following products, are designed to be used in combination, to improve the body’s natural detoxification pathways. They work by preventing the absorption and re-absorption of heavy metals in the gut and opening the natural elimination pathways through the liver and gut.

A. Intestinal Metal Detox – IMD is a highly, purified silica with covalently attached metal-binding groups. It is insoluble in the gut and prevents both absorption or heavy metals and free radical generation caused by heavy metals. It directly neutralizes free radicals in the gut and may place a role in damping gastrointestinal inflammation. I like to use it during the week when silver/mercury fillings are removed as an extra safeguard to protect guests from exposure to mercury.
B. Alka C – A buffered Vitamin C. Mix it with IMD and water. It protect the IMD form the acids in the stomach.
C. Liposomal Glutathione – This form is 100 times more potent than plain glutathione in replenishing intracellular glutathione.
D. Probiotic-Plus – The IMD will remove any bacteria that have absorbed mercury in the gut, both good and bad. Probiotics replace the good bacteria.
E. ClearWay Co-Factors Blend – The bodily detoxification system needs to be supported during the cleansing cycles. The blend is designed to give your body the supplements needed to support detoxification.

gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:21 pm

I wouldn't stop them. It's good to get your liver health and glutathione levels up before chelation. So you're going to use OSR to chelate after the removal? If you do let me know how it goes.

I'm not sure about the cilantro and chlorella, but I know Cutler is against them because they are not 'true' chelators. Something has to have two thiol groups to be a true chelator according to him. The science is over my head. he states that there isn't research on them to show that they are safe/effective and they may just mobilize metal and not remove it.

That being said I know people use them anyway.

I don't like to spend money on things that are 'new' or lacking a lot of research. This is one of the reasons I go with the traditional agents (dmsa, edta, dmps). I don't mind trying things in addition, but I like the security of knowing that I am definitely removing metals. Even that MCP study I posted was only on 5 people. I've seen MCP and OSR slammed because all the research is coming from the sellers. Of course that doesn't mean they don't work. It's like 7-keto-dhea... It may well do what it is promoted to, and I definitely think it adds muscle/energy (thermogenic), but all the studies are coming from Chicago from the people marketing it. Basically it's still too experimental for me.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Yes on the OSR. Assuming I ever get the dental work finished. Very Happy Not sure where I got the 1g from (it was suppose to be 100mg as per the quoted protocol).

I need to look at the Cutler protocol you mentioned... and I hear you on the spending money on the new stuff.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  cporro Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:48 am

i'm also looking at sodium alginate. actually i already ordered the stuff. it was easy to find. amazon has 3 different products. some are prime. sodium alginate is used for foods...check out molecular gastronomy.

i had never heard of alginate until i listened to a facinating interview with dr nicholas gonzales at dr mercola's website. gonzales is a doctor that is supposedly having great success treating cancer. i don't have cancer and i don't care about regrowing the bit of hair i lost over the last 20 years. but i did have lots of amalgams removed about 2 years ago. i've been more depressed then most people for as long as i can remember. always had low energy. always had a poor memory. had difficulty in school. i always had a feeling something was off. i got almost all of my amalgams (maybe 14, some very large) before i was 12. it's hard to say for sure but i think they may have been the single most destructive thing i've been exposed to.

ok, will try and be brief.

to the OP. make sure the person removing your amalgams knows how to do it. they really have to know what they are doing or else you can get a mega-dose of mercury. also make sure the new stuff is the most biocompatible material you can find. not all "white" fillings are healthy. worst case scenario is you pay lots of money to get a huge does of mercury and then have new toxic fillings put back in. a good resource is amalgam org. they keep tabs on qualified dentists. the site is very 1995 but the info and newsletter is good.

when i had mine removed i used charcoal to bind mercury. this was just before and after the procedure. i think i had 4 office visits. each one got 1/4 of my mouth.

i also used chlorella for months following. i did not feel any difference while on chlorella.

i am glad i had them out. i do think i feel better these days but the change is not night and day. imo mercury should never be put in a persons mouth. i also believe the many anecdotal personal stories i've heard where people's health is wrecked by amalgams.

i am wary of chelation. so is amalgam.org. you have to realize it may take a long time...6 months, 3 years to detox mercury.

sorry this is all over the place. Very Happy i keep getting interrupted. sodium alginate interest me because dr gonzales used for cancer patients and claims to have very good results. there is a huge and interesting backstory on this guy...but he basically treats cancer nutritionally (enzymes, detox, suppliments). he's had some amazing results with things like pancreatic cancer which is usually a death sentence. sodium alginate is also used in foods which tells me it's likely not super toxic. gonzales also has good results with coffee enemas for detox. yeah, i know. but here is a guy treating very serious cancer and having better results then conventional medicine.

iodine is also worth looking at. deficiencies can cause hair lose. but iodine is super important in general and everything i've read points to the population being largely deficient.

i'm a skeptical person. experiencing is the best way of knowing. so i try things. things that don't cost too much. things that don't have major side effects or risks. 16 oz of sodium alginate off amazon costs...maybe $30. an office visit to my doctor plus the useless meds he'll prescribe costs a lot more. i've got good healthcare but i honestly can't remember a doctor helping me in the last 20 years. the exception is for traumatic stuff. then i really like western docs.

good luck and share what you experience.

one more thing. i've read it's hard to do meaningful mercury tests. so before you do them see if they are worth it. a urine test will see how much you excrete but it won't tell you what's actually in your body...or the burden. there are a lot of "tests" out there that are either not very useful or have "normal" ranges that need adjusting. thyroid comes to mind.

cporro

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:32 am

how many amalgams were removed and what was the cost??

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  cporro Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 am

maybe 14. it's not necessarily the number it's the amount of mercury i'd say. some fillings are small. some huge.

the whole thing was probably between 2-4k. a vacuum was placed near my mouth the entire time for vapors. slow speed drills. special technique to remove the filling with as little drilling as possible since drilling puts out all kinds of mercury vapor. dental damn so no bits got down my throat.

about a year before this my old dentist who was traditional removed one much like a construction worker. no safety precautions. i remember bits of filling in my mouth at the time. but then he believes amalgam is safe. but what does he do with the filling he drills out? by law he has to put it in a hazmat container and a licensed toxic waste company has to pick it up. sounds real safe.

my dentist is sandor hites in Berkeley CA. i recommend him. he knows a lot more then any traditional dentist i've talked to. i never realized how dental issues can affect your whole body in very serious ways. serious like heart disease. amalgams, root canals, implants...you know, stuff everyone gets can really mess you up.

cporro

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:35 am

i have three do you think it would be less money

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  cporro Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 am

no it's a fixed price. just kidding. of course it will be cheaper with 3. and take a lot less time. maybe one visit. but seriously you'd have to price it out with a qualified dentist to get real numbers.

cporro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next