Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Specific Diet Questions EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Specific Diet Questions EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Specific Diet Questions EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Specific Diet Questions EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Specific Diet Questions EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Specific Diet Questions EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Specific Diet Questions EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Specific Diet Questions EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Specific Diet Questions EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Specific Diet Questions

5 posters

Go down

Specific Diet Questions Empty Specific Diet Questions

Post  Hank Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 am

It seems that for any regime to achieve success, it must be accompanied by a strict diet. Question is, how strict?

Is rice okay? It seems JDP gives rice the thumbs-up, but TK? Prague? CS?

Nuts? TK and Prague seems to be pro, but JDP most likely says no (bc oxalates)?

Maybe you guys, if you wouldn't mind, could give more specific info about your diets? Perhaps what you DO eat, how often you 'cheat' (CS, it sounds like you are strict, but not 100% - so, pasta once a week? once a month? - also, maybe your regime can allow for a 90% diet?)

I know the basics, and the various pro/cons of certain things (eg. fruit), but would love to hear what you guys that have achieved what all the rest of us are going for actually eat. yes fruit or no? how much? what kinds (avoid dried like the plague)? only grass-fed meat? zero dairy or once a week? potatoes (or too starchy)? zero beer (or other alcohol)?

maybe, if I'm not being too much of a pain, even a few of your typical meals?

overall, are you wasting your time and effort if you have a piece of dessert every three weeks, or a hamburger bun... do you guys do that? (or if you don't, perhaps this is the difference between you guys and others who aren't getting the same successes??)

Hank

Back to top Go down

Specific Diet Questions Empty Re: Specific Diet Questions

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 am

I'm also interested in everything Hank has mentioned, as I really want to clean my diet up.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Hank - The short answer is it largely depends on what your individual sensitivities are.

The best advice I can give, besides checking your blood chemistry and/or ancestral diet or metabolic type is to keep track of how foods affect you within a week after the food is eaten.

What I eat may not necessary be right for everyone, and in my case, I can usually get away with some indulges.

In my case, as long as I stay clear of sugar (not fructose), but cane sugar and bakery goods, I am fine.

While fructose isn't good for anyone, I can actually eat this without much problem (at least for my hair in the short run), although eventually it will cause metabolic problems if taken without supplement support.

I will eat pizza usually once per week, some dessert perhaps two per month, sometimes more. Spaghetti once per month (this isn't too good for my hair for sure).

I completely avoid pasteurized milk, however I will drink raw milk on occasion, people can react different to it. In other words, raw maybe okay for some, but never pasteurized.

I eat largely a lot of meat, plenty of red meat (my body thrives on it), and as said before, not everyone will thrive on heavy meat as I do. Some can do well on very little protein, while others need plenty of it.

Carbohydrate wise, I'll eat rice, graze occasionally on potatoes, but that is usually only a few times per month.

My vegetable consumption is quite low, and if I eat them, I usually opt for broccoli sprouts, or some basic salads.

On fruit, I eat and drink next to zero. For my metabolic type, fruit will push my phosphate levels too low, which will cause calcification, and cause undesirable metabolite effects concerning my endocrine system.

Others may do well on the opposite of what I do, however if there's one thing that brings all of us in the same boat, is to avoid sugars, especially cane sugar and refined starches.

Let's say if I'm eating out, which for me is almost all the time. I have nothing against fast food, I just am careful to avoid ordering some items. I'll never order fries or anything that is fried. The only exception is if I fry something myself in coconut or palm oil.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  kirtanyogi Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 pm

How can we found out our metabolyc type and ancestral diet?

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:47 am

Since i have a German ancestry. I would assume a diet high in veggies and red meat is the way to go.

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:07 am

From the sounds of it there isn't much we can eat... Veggies and meat wont fill me :/

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down