Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
:'( I really need some support right now EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
:'( I really need some support right now EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
:'( I really need some support right now EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
:'( I really need some support right now EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
:'( I really need some support right now EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
:'( I really need some support right now EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
:'( I really need some support right now EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
:'( I really need some support right now EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
:'( I really need some support right now EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

:'( I really need some support right now

+2
huli
Hoppipolla
6 posters

Go down

:'( I really need some support right now Empty :'( I really need some support right now

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:47 pm

I just feel so crappy Sad I've been just crying and stuff for ages.

I feel so annoyed at England.. it's like all my good genes have come from Italy and EVERYTHING bad about me has come from my English genes. I have lovely Italian hair and I'm LOSING it because of this silly gene :'( My eyes are spoilt because of the gene I got from my English side.

I'm trying so hard but everytime I see a hair coming out in the shower it KILLS me :'(!!!!!!

I don't want to be here anymore I want to go back to Italy Sad

Mike
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

:'( I really need some support right now Empty Re: :'( I really need some support right now

Post  huli Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 am

Dude, have some pride. Wait till after the World Cup. England is gonna rock and the Italian team are diving cheats.

huli

Back to top Go down

:'( I really need some support right now Empty Re: :'( I really need some support right now

Post  huli Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:11 am

Seriously, mpb can be an emotional roller coaster but try to stay grounded and level. It is the only way that you'll be able to stop loss and regrow hair. Stress kills hair and negative emotions cause stress. You'll be ok and if it makes you feel any better we all feel the same way sometimes.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:13 am

Well I suppose there's no point crying over spilt milk Sad

I'm going to sort my hair out, and then I'm going to go back to Italy because I just feel like that's my home ._.

I am sorry for being horrible to England, I don't mean to it's just, I have to watch my hair strands come out and my hair is the main thing I associate with being Italian and I love it so much. It's painful for me.

I hope that makes sense, maybe not, it makes no difference to me ._.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:14 am

huli wrote:Seriously, mpb can be an emotional roller coaster but try to stay grounded and level. It is the only way that you'll be able to stop loss and regrow hair. Stress kills hair and negative emotions cause stress. You'll be ok and if it makes you feel any better we all feel the same way sometimes.

Thank you for this more understanding post. Hmm I hope I get better at dealing with this ._.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 am

dont stress, embrace the search of knowledge and dont be ashamed of it

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:19 am

So, how many people has the IH regimen (top 6) worked for? I mean... if I combined it with mild Fin and Nizoral... is my hair loss as good as dead? lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:26 am

feel your pain. But your biggest challenge in the future is not regrowing your hair or halting it, even though it is very possible that you will, but finding that place within yourself that rise above the standards that you let others set for you. You need to get rid of the boy in you, step into the man and and create the alpha-male that everyone has the potential to create but so few know is a fact. THATS your challenge my friend, thats whats gonna create happiness for you, not your hair. Now, awaken the giant !

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  nobaldnessplease Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:04 am

I can relate to this. My father is middle eastern and has a full head of hair, and I have the same complexion and curly, black hair as him. My mother's family is german though, and all of her brothers have some degree of hairloss, ranging from NW4 to NW3. I can see that I'm headed toward a NW3 at least, and find myself cursing my mother's genes! But then, I think of how my father's one brother is like a NW5, and I really don't know where this awful disease comes from. Plus, all four of my maternal uncles, like me, are 6'3"+ and naturally very athletic, so I guess I can't totally curse that side of the gene pool.

Hey, I've met plenty of bald italians, so you really can't blame the english genes for sure.

I too am really considering fin or minox as much as I'd hate to use either, and would like to know if anyone has experienced success with IH's regimen.

nobaldnessplease

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:38 am

Thank you so much for all the support everyone and I really am sorry for being so upset and stuff, I think my shedding has increased a little again... it might be because the effects of the beta-sitosterol/Fin I was taking have now worn off... I'm really not sure.

I'm going to wait one more day (I think I overdid it and was worried I could feel sides) and then go on beta-sitosterol ever 2 days. If it's still bad I'll do it daily, and if it's STILL bad I'll switch to Fin. Then that will buy me time to experiment with other treatments. I know blocking 5ar is often a sloppier way to do it but I just really don't want to risk losing any more hair and ideally I would love to regrow the little bit I have already lost Smile

My hair really does still look quite nice at the moment, but it still feels like it's shedding too much.

nobaldnessplease thank you for that nice response, I really do love this forum and I am sorry if I offended anyone by saying things about England that aren't so nice. The joke is I am planning to go back to London soon as I really like London, and like.. it's not that I don't like this country, I just hate that gene that's all, I don't know where I got it from Sad And you're right nobaldnessplease, it can come from other regions too, I think I was over-simplifying Smile

Not so many of my Italian relatives do have it, but some do, so it could have filtered through from either side I guess.

Whatever, point is I need to control it now and stay on the ball. I do not intend to lose my hair, so I need to fight for it!! Smile

It is NOT gonna win! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 am

First of all, your on this forum for a reason. Second, if worst comes to worst and you do go bald, who gives a shit? Do you really put that much value on your looks? If you do, then you must be pretty shallow.

Back to top Go down

Post  nobaldnessplease Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:39 am

I don't think caring whether one goes bald necessarily means that you are shallow. When I was 18 I figured I wouldn't care what I looked like by the time I'm 30, married, have kids, etc. Well, guess what? I'm now 29, have a beautiful wife and three year old son, and I just started to notice thinning on my hairline a few months ago. It still sucks! It sucks more than I ever thought it would, and not just because I consider myself to be an attractive guy that has kept healthy over the years. Losing your hair not only makes you feel old, it's traumatic to your sense of self. Vain or not, for many of us our appearances are very much wrapped up in our identities and sense of self.

My best friend started balding at the age of 18, and he was understandably really upset. He didn't take of his baseball hat for years, but now he is very comfortable being bald and does very well for himself with the ladies. I'd like to think that if I go bald I will be as comfortable and confident in my own skin as him, but even he acknowledges that those early days of hair loss were among the worst times in his entire life. It's very traumatic for most people.

nobaldnessplease

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 am

Agreed. Personally I think the sooner we cure it the better Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 am

Hmm ._.

Could people maybe help me put a little regimen together that should stop my shedding? I was feeling really confident recently but then I noticed I was shedding more again.. I don't know if it's because the Fin/beta-sitosterol I took briefly wore off... maybe ._.

I'm going to go back on beta-sitosterol once a day starting tomorrow (around 200mg).

I just... right now I'm just worried about it getting worse, I really am having some degree of diffuse thinning which I hadn't spotted so much before (as I say it could have been the Fin or beta-sitosterol that stopped it).

Bearing in mind my age (24), my level of diffuse shedding (pretty reasonable O.O) and the kind of lifestyle I had before that may have triggered it (too much stress and a bad, high carb diet), could anyone maybe suggest a regimen that should kill my shedding?

I felt so confident before but now like.. I'm just kinda scared, you know?

I was considering going - good diet, resveratrol, curcumin, beta-sitosterol, lignans, CoA/Brewer's Yeast, Krill Oil, Nizoral, and maybe Ecklonia Cava as well.

But I just don't know, I mean I don't know if that is overkill but I just am scared of getting it wrong for too long and ending up losing more.

So, if anyone who is experienced in this could just sit down for a moment and come up with a killer regimen for me to show my shedding the door I would be SO happy! I would be eternally grateful to you ^_^

I know I get a bit big for my boots sometimes but I do try my hardest.. but yeah thanks, I would be really grateful if anyone had a moment to help me Smile

Thank you,

Hoppi Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 am

Oh and btw just so people know it is definitely at least partly male pattern baldness not just stress-induced thinning, as there is a definite focus around the hair line (particularly the left and right corners above the temples) and possibly a little bit more missing from the crown than has been thinning from the rest ._.

Thanks.. ._.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Stick with it brother. It took a year on IH's original regimen to get things under control for me. A lot of us went through what you are experiencing now.

Good luck.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 am

aw thanks man Smile

Yes it's a tough little rollercoaster but I am feeling much better now. I've really just accepted it as a common part of being "a guy", heh Smile

I mean SO many of my guy friends are having this issue.

I also see it like.. if I can control this and get it all ok again, that really is cool and it's something I've kinda achieved! You know? And then of course I can help others too!

Plus my diet has been transformed, so hopefully that should make a difference!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down