Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Guidelines for using Iodine topically EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Guidelines for using Iodine topically

5 posters

Go down

Guidelines for using Iodine topically Empty Guidelines for using Iodine topically

Post  hadrion Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 am

Considering, I've tried a lot of different things, the one thing I never tried consistently was using iodine as a topical. I still have some light inflammation from time to time, although most of the inflammation has been dealt with through the regimen.

I read a study somewhere how topical Lugols can grow hair and help heal scars quickly on other parts of the body. I'm willing to give it a go on my scalp.

My questions are how frequently should I use a Lugols topical?

Should I dilute it or just drop it on my scalp with the eye dropper and rub in?

Does it matter if it stains my scalp? I'm assuming it will wash off. I have black hair, so I'm not concerned with color changing.

Anyone try it and have a good reason not to try it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Guidelines for using Iodine topically Empty Re: Guidelines for using Iodine topically

Post  NrwgnKID Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:55 am

I have something to add: Should the iodine be clear ? Would iodine in brown form stain my hair and scalp ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Guidelines for using Iodine topically Empty Re: Guidelines for using Iodine topically

Post  Crusher Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 am

NrwgnKID - don't apply the brown iodine.
I would like to give white/clear iodine for topical use a try, but I don't know where to purchase here in Europe.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:31 am

Crusher - I have the same problem, living in North-Europe makes it hard to get my hand on all the good stuff.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:05 am

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to go about this as well. Would adding Lugol's 5% to my Aubrey shampoo be effective, or should I directly apply it to my scalp in a diluted form?

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 am

The Iosol formula does not stain. Just a thought. But it also washes out rather easily.

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 am

I have used 5% lugol's periodically. I dilute it then apply. It does not stain. Check out TK's (Librarian's) threads. He has been using Lugol's washes on his scalp for a while and it is apparently an important part of his regimen.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down