Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before)

+7
gutted
baller234
lund
Hairbeback
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
chipdouglas
11 posters

Go down

Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) Empty Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before)

Post  chipdouglas Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 pm

I've had no libido for the past 11 years. Recently, I've started having green tea, and noticed quite a boost in sex drive and erectile ability. I cannot recall having such firm powerful and sustained erection even back when I was 17. This alone tells me something has been awfully wrong with me for a long time.

I've tried L-theanine (Suntheanine) and I sometimes get a little boost, but clearly not as powerful as when I brew green tea. Yesterday I had two cups over the day, and the I got crazy with desire.

Now, I'm very inquisitive, and I'm trying to figure out what's behind this. I thought of COMT inhibition. It could be the caffeine, but then when I have regular coffee, I do not get this type of outcome at all. It might be increased theanine bioavailability in green tea.

If anyone has any solid hint, so far as the most likely possibilities, I'd really like to know. Having found something that works for me, clearly isn't enough, I want to know what's behind this.

Much thanks

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) Empty Re: Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before)

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

chipdouglass - L-theanine found in green tea stimulates your brain's production of alpha waves.

BTW, if you haven't already tried ecklonia cava (fibroboost), it will also do this.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before) Empty Re: Green tea boosting my libido quite a bit (had no libido before)

Post  Paradox Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 pm

I would guess it is the synergism of the calming theanine and stimulating caffeine. Although caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and that's counter intuitive. The results must come from the CNS stimulation. Depressants like alcohol can cause ED while stimulants like cocaine are notoriously pro-sexual. Now that I think about it...It is probably the increase in dopamine from the caffeine, combined with the calming theanine. That must be why either one alone don't produce the same effect for you.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 am

I'm intrigued, because in 11 years, it is the single most powerful response I've gotten from any thing I've tried. It definately is pointing me in the right direction.

I've been seeing an acupuncturist who's had me on this liquid formula that contains : panax ginseng, radix polygoni multiflori, herba cistanches, semen cuscutae, fructus corni, cortex eucommiae, radix morindae officinalis, fructus psoraleae, radix achyranhis bidentate, radix ploygalae, herba cynomorii.

In TCM, it's a kidney yang formula. I've been taking it for close to a month now, and it's not doing a thing. Actually, it either makes me drowsy or increase inner tension/unrest. Same acupunturist is puzzled at my response from green tea. He told me to let that formula do it's thing, but what puzzles me is that green tea does far more than the above formula when I have it, and it doesn't need three weeks to kick in. I'm going to use up those two packs I've left, and then move on. It annoys me when the so-called professional doesn't seem to figure out what's wrong. And that's not cause the man isn't qualified--he sure is proficient in his field, he worked in China for many years and he learned there as well, so there's no doubt he's qualified. However, I have this feeling TCM isn't going to cut it for me.

Back to green tea now. It's known to inhibit COMT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catechol-O-methyl_transferase.
I figure that it might possibly be connected to the benefit I get from green tea.

Now, what is known to cause increased COMT activity ?

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am

From the above Wiki link, this part got my attention the most :

The val158met polymorphism
Main article: Rs4680
Val158Met (rs4680), a functional single nucleotide polymorphism (a common normal variant) of the gene for catechol-O-methyl transferase, has been shown to affect cognitive tasks broadly related to executive function,[2] such as set shifting, response inhibition, abstract thought, and the acquisition of rules or task structure.[citation needed] This polymorphism in the COMT gene results in the substitution of the amino acid valine for methionine at codon 158, thus the name Val158Met for the polymorphism. It has been shown that this valine variant catabolizes dopamine at up to four times the rate of its methionine counterpart, resulting in a significant reduction of synaptic dopamine following neurotransmitter release, ultimately reducing dopaminergic stimulation of the post-synaptic neuron. As a consequence, neurons with valine-variant COMT show higher levels of activation during certain cognitive tasks, as they require higher levels of neuron firing to achieve the same level of post-synaptic stimulation.

The link between impairments in these sorts of cognitive tasks and the COMT gene is thought to be mediated by an effect on dopamine signaling in the frontal lobes.

Comparable effects on similar cognitive tasks, the frontal lobes, and the neurotransmitter dopamine have also all been linked to schizophrenia. It is not surprising, then, that an inherited variant of COMT is thought to be one of the genetic factors that may predispose someone to developing schizophrenia later in life, naturally or due to adolescent-onset cannabis use.[3]

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm a decent minded guy and was wondering how you guys can read all these medical reports and understand what they are talking about? I have been out of school for awhile and lost most of the meanings to these terms. Do you have just constantly research, any tips or websites for the layman possibly? thanks

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:07 am

Arghhh

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:21 am

Hairbeback wrote:I'm a decent minded guy and was wondering how you guys can read all these medical reports and understand what they are talking about? I have been out of school for awhile and lost most of the meanings to these terms. Do you have just constantly research, any tips or websites for the layman possibly? thanks

I'm doing a bachelor degree in nursing, and all of the biology/physiology/neurophysiology etc are helping so far as the basis of things that are discussed on here. The rest, I just research over the web.

Others on here have researched a heck of a lot for years on end. It takes time.

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 am

chipdouglas wrote:
Hairbeback wrote:I'm a decent minded guy and was wondering how you guys can read all these medical reports and understand what they are talking about? I have been out of school for awhile and lost most of the meanings to these terms. Do you have just constantly research, any tips or websites for the layman possibly? thanks

I'm doing a bachelor degree in nursing, and all of the biology/physiology/neurophysiology etc are helping so far as the basis of things that are discussed on here. The rest, I just research over the web.

Others on here have researched a heck of a lot for years on end. It takes time.

Hey Chip,

Just out of curiosity because I was going to go into the medical field before... How do you plan an avoiding all the crap that they make employees do at the hospital- mainly all the vaccinations and flu shots? Or do you just plan on letting them give you all of it? I think I remember seeing on the news that some nurses were refusing to take n1h1, and were suspended for a while. I worry about people losing their jobs over that in the future.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  chipdouglas Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Just out of curiosity because I was going to go into the medical field before... How do you plan an avoiding all the crap that they make employees do at the hospital- mainly all the vaccinations and flu shots? Or do you just plan on letting them give you all of it? I think I remember seeing on the news that some nurses were refusing to take n1h1, and were suspended for a while. I worry about people losing their jobs over that in the future.

I hear you regarding all of that crap. You're being told : ''no one is going to force you to get those shots''. Hey, next thing you know, you're getting a lot of peer pressure, and you're told that you put patient's life in jeopardy and so on and so forth. Last year I got the flu shot, and this year I got that darn H1N1 shot as well. I'm doing this because I'm in training. However, after I graduate, I'll turn those shots down, like nurses friends of mine do. Even many docs, don't like being pressured into getting flu shots, because they're already forced to getting plenty of other vaccines.

chipdouglas

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:33 pm

In all of the published papers - fuck the mumbo jumbo - just read the text tagged "Conclusion" towards the end. Reread a few times until you being to memorize some of the jargon, that's when you get it my friend....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:20 am

Sorry for bumbing an older thread but has anyone considered the possiblity that when green tea is used alone (i.e. something that doesn't also inhibit 5ar 2 like the soy isoflavone genistein) it will increase the amount of DHT that is synthesized via the type 2 5 alpha reductase enzyme? If I'm not mistaken, the type 2 5ar enzyme is the one that is most responsible for serum DHT (finasteride slashes serum DHT by 70% and it only inhibits type 2) while the type 1 is primarily responsible for DHT in the skin and brain.

Seems to me when one of the 5ar enzymes is inhibited, more testosterone will be converted to DHT and estradiol. However I've read several times that Green tea also lowers estradiol (by what mechanism I'm not quite sure, it's not an aromatase inhibitor is it?) so it makes perfect sense to me how using green tea alone could possibly increase serum DHT which could be responsible for the OP's increased libido. Thoughts?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 am

baller234 - Actually, no.

Most green tea supplements are standardized for EGCG, which does inhibit DHT (Biochem Pharmacol. 2002 Mar 15;63(6):1165-76.), however green teas primary mechanism for hair benefit is probably its effect on histamine (Arch Biochem Biophys. 2008 Aug 15;476(2):133-8.).

Also as far as why it is boosting libido for chipdouglass, he is a special case and am familair with his history. I believe it is the L-Theanine in the green tea and its effects on alpha waves and how it may elevate libido in persons whose neurotransmitter is weighted heavily towards the dopamine side.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gutted Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 am

i think i noticed this as well, when drinking green tea back when i was on saw pal and beta sis for about3 months in, everytime i drank green tea, that day i would have powerful erections like ive never had in a while, but i dont know what the reason for that could have been.

gutted

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:52 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:baller234 - Actually, no.

Most green tea supplements are standardized for EGCG, which does inhibit DHT (Biochem Pharmacol. 2002 Mar 15;63(6):1165-76.), however green teas primary mechanism for hair benefit is probably its effect on histamine (Arch Biochem Biophys. 2008 Aug 15;476(2):133-8.).

Also as far as why it is boosting libido for chipdouglass, he is a special case and am familair with his history. I believe it is the L-Theanine in the green tea and its effects on alpha waves and how it may elevate libido in persons whose neurotransmitter is weighted heavily towards the dopamine side.

Doesn't green tea or rather EGCG more specifically only inhibit 5 alpha reductase type 1? Also, by what mechanism does it lower estradiol?

thx

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:01 pm

In regards to histamine, isn't ecklonia cava also an anti-histamine? When taking it I notice my sinuses are COMPLETELY clear. Is this the main basis of using ecklonia cava as a hair loss treatment?

Also would it be safe to use both ecklonia cava and EGCG at the same time since they are both inhibitors of ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme)? I know ACE inhibition is usually a good thing as it lowers blood pressure and improves circulation but would taking both EGCG and ecklonia cava inhibit it too much?

Sorry for all the questions but I have been searching every where and haven't been able to find this info.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:13 pm

baller234 - Certain polyphenols in green tea inhibit 5-alpha reductase type I, but EGCG inhibits both I & II. However, most of this really of little consequence because phenolic substances such as green tea are not limited to one or two mechanisms, also the inhibition of DHT is not very significant.

Further, these are not drugs so instead of breaking an enzyme or blocking a function, they increase the bodies capacity to in the case of DHT, reduce or oxidation (redox) depending on circumstances.

I've been taking green tea for several years and never stopped green tea during the use of Ecklonia cava. It's probably fair to say that these substances with respect to ACE inhibition allow the body to relinquish a physiologic need to raise angiotensin converting enzymes. Only drugs force a block or a destruction in enzymes or proteins to gain a potential benefit, although the rest of the body may need this function for protection. The botanicals work with the body, rather than against it.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Sorry, reviving an old thread, but it might be good info for some in need. Good input in the thread by the OP, CS, and others. I too can attest to the said benefit... I'm a consistent green tea drinker, but I drink it in small amounts. Whenever I treble my daily intake, there is a discernible libido boost. Wonder if most people are aware of this effect.

Other things I observed with green tea- it regulates weight, so useful if you are over the desired range. It did not help my hair, though Smile . I also tried it topically, and all it did was make the hair brittle.

-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:59 am

I independently had the same experience as Chip.

Green tea cured my libido issue, but ONLY temporarily -- that is, while I drank it. I had to drink so much of it that it ruined my sleep and gave me caffeine crashes. For example, I would drink green tea (about 9 grams) in the morning and be horny for approximately 2 hours.

I can't underemphasize the role of green tea in curing a problem which had ruined my entire teens and 20s. I went from being "wiped out" for weeks after a single ejaculation, to being able to masturbate 2 hours at a time, for 47 days in a row. Excessive? Sure. It proves that it works, though.

I've gone 3 days without tea. Libido is GONE. Bouts of frustration and anger are back.

CS,

Chip and I both are desperate to get the benefits of green tea in a way that does not involve caffeine. I do wonder if caffeine is part of our reaction, or if there is a component of green tea that we can isolate and consume directly.

Green tea actually allowed me to function BETTER than I have functioned ever in my life (teens included). I went from a 7% success rate to a 100% success rate.

As wonderful as tea is for curing my ED and libido absence, I simply can't handle drinking 3 strong cups per day. Too much caffeine and likely... too many Chinese/Japanese soil contaminants, including fluoride.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:42 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

It isn't the l-theanine. Chip and I have the same issue, whatever it may be, and l-theanine in supplement form does not help, even in large doses.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:03 pm

ViolatedBird wrote:I independently had the same experience as Chip.

Green tea cured my libido issue, but ONLY temporarily -- that is, while I drank it. I had to drink so much of it that it ruined my sleep and gave me caffeine crashes. For example, I would drink green tea (about 9 grams) in the morning and be horny for approximately 2 hours.

I can't underemphasize the role of green tea in curing a problem which had ruined my entire teens and 20s. I went from being "wiped out" for weeks after a single ejaculation, to being able to masturbate 2 hours at a time, for 47 days in a row. Excessive? Sure. It proves that it works, though.

I've gone 3 days without tea. Libido is GONE. Bouts of frustration and anger are back.

CS,

Chip and I both are desperate to get the benefits of green tea in a way that does not involve caffeine. I do wonder if caffeine is part of our reaction, or if there is a component of green tea that we can isolate and consume directly.

Green tea actually allowed me to function BETTER than I have functioned ever in my life (teens included). I went from a 7% success rate to a 100% success rate.

As wonderful as tea is for curing my ED and libido absence, I simply can't handle drinking 3 strong cups per day. Too much caffeine and likely... too many Chinese/Japanese soil contaminants, including fluoride.

Try eating some soaked fenugreek seeds.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:07 pm

How about a prescription COMT inhibitor like Comtan (entacapone)?

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

or have you tried ashwagandha supposed to cause rise in T and lower cortisol while improving libido and promoting sleep? If not I find american ginseng and gynostemma tea to raise libido while not being as stimulating as tea or other caffeine beverages.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  ViolatedBird Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am

Yes, I have tried it. I actually take it each night, but only because I bought a bottle recently. Ashwaghanda does absolutely nothing that is noticeable. It has not helped me sleep, or lowered stress, or increased libido.

ViolatedBird

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:47 pm

ok how about ginseng powder, or gynostemma tea? I've never taken ashwagandha before, but I have taken these two seperately and together and noticed increased libido although they can be stimulating gynostemma a little less.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down