Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise?

+2
johndoe1225
sizzlinghairs
6 posters

Go down

Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? Empty Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise?

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 am

Im just curious what everyone thinks about this.

Thanks in advance!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? Empty Re: Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise?

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:47 am

I know there are green tea "hair rinses", it should definitely do some good at least

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise? Empty Re: Looking for opinion from CS or others. Green tea known to be 5-ar inhibitor and anti-androgen. Would using topically 20 minutes a day cause a problem libido/sexual function wise?

Post  Gates Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:01 am

No.

This is a distinction we must make when we're viewing the research as opposed to using a natural substance.

The design of a study usually includes using isolated fractions of a substance, and in large (supraphysiological) amounts that aren't realistic to achieve in the body from normal use. That's the point. Most of these are trying to isolate the effects noted by users of a particular plant down to the molecules that are actually responsible. Probably for the purpose of designing a drug or supplement around that molecule.

But you aren't getting that molecule at that dose or in isolation when you are using either crude plant or crude extracts of that plant (teas or decoctions).

If you were to starting consuming green tea in large amounts, you might get an effect. But as a topical applied for 20 minutes, no you will not get any systemic sexual side effects.

I think its more practical to start considering your intake of plant substances as a whole, all of the supplements, all of the food, as one big picture.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:33 am

Thanks.

My next question would then be: Ive heard of others on bodybuilding forums having trouble with libido/sexual function from taking green tea. Now Im not sure if they are taking a standardized supplement or drinking it, but wouldn't that still be far far less than the amounts used in the studies like you are mentioning? (in vitro etc)

Maybe it would be important to find out how much they are ingesting first and what potency it is..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:52 am

Short answer (topically and internally), no problems with libido or performance.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:14 am

I read somewhere that the right amount of caffeine (in this case green tea) topically can stimulate hair growth, but too much can potentially be harmful to hair.  I'm going to get back into spraying my hair with green tea again

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:27 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:I read somewhere that the right amount of caffeine (in this case green tea) topically can stimulate hair growth, but too much can potentially be harmful to hair.  I'm going to get back into spraying my hair with green tea again

I thought you were going to give sage 1's formula a shot.

In regards to my other question, not sure what to make of these posts from this link saying green tea messed with their libido/sex drive.. Does it have to do with the standardiZed extracts?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/56324-green-tea-libido.html

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Sizzling,

Chances are good that they are blaming the observations about their libido on something that isn't responsible. Libido is a really erratic thing. Even in completely healthy individuals it swings up and down and is really a highly personal experience. Transient changes in sex drive are very common and can be effected by SO many things: sleep and fatigue, stress, hormonal ups or downs.

Changes in things like libido are going to happen whether someone is on a supplement or not. Its just very easy - when a person is taking a supplement - to be hyper-conscious of everything happening in the body and blame everything on a supplement. You wouldn't blame a change in libido on eating a carton of raspberries for lunch, so its a mistake to blame it on taking 400 mg of ground up green tea leaves.

There is a tendency in many people here, including myself for a very long time, to be way too conscious/anxious about every little thing happening in the body. And to worry way too much about it and try to blame it on this or that supplement. Sure, if you take something and after three days of use you start breaking out in hives, then they go away after stopping, you have good reason to start thinking harder about that supplement. But too often people start threads about how this or that lowered sex drive, or made them feel foggy, or low energy, etc. etc. - all things that could be caused by a multitude of factors.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:04 pm

I do agree with you sir, but I also know for a fact way back in the day when I wanted to try an all natural form of propecia in the form of saw palmetto, even
Tho I tried to ignore it, it completely wiped out my sex drive and erection quality.. Like, it was bad bad. So I wouldn't say across the board natural don't cause these effects, because many do.

That's why I was wondering, maybe if the plant is extracted to have extra high amounts of a certain compound, thereby removing its function as found in nature, maybe in that scenario these guys couldve been experiencing effects. Or not, but I thought it might be a reason

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:14 pm

No that's a good point. The extraction process is important, and whether you are using crude herb or an extract of a particular compound. Certain plant's actives are more abundant than other plant's actives in their tissues. I do believe you 100% that saw palmetto, with the right extraction and the right doses could effect libido. I just don't believe there is anything in green tea which could be doing that same thing.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:30 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:I read somewhere that the right amount of caffeine (in this case green tea) topically can stimulate hair growth, but too much can potentially be harmful to hair.  I'm going to get back into spraying my hair with green tea again

I thought you were going to give sage 1's formula a shot.

In regards to my other question, not sure what to make of these posts from this link saying green tea messed with their libido/sex drive.. Does it have to do with the standardiZed extracts?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/56324-green-tea-libido.html

Yes I will but I also have spray bottles, one containing 50/50 ACV/Water and another I'll fill with green tea

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:45 am

thats a great point sizzling, and btw when i first tried saw palmetto, i thought i was so smart for trying something natural that would do the same thing as fin. but it gave me the worse sides i have experienced with anything so far, including several drugs.(not fin, but other meds i take) i had multiple urination problems, sexual problems, i swear it affected my mental clarity, but its hard to prove. and i had more or less the same sides with lots of different strengths, brands, forumlas etc.

dont anyone think that supplements are free of side effects because they are not.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:35 am

Awkward as I posted in the other thread detailing my extreme coconut oil experiment but, here is another... I drank 5-6 cups of green tea daily for several months. No changes in libido. But I did spend half my time in the bathroom.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down