Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions?

+3
Hairbeback
SlowMoe
Hoppipolla
7 posters

Go down

Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? Empty Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions?

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Did we ever get to the bottom of this?

Until I manage to solve the hormonal and health AGA triggers, it seems that correcting the poor galea bloodflow is the best solution.

I can never do it well though...

Plus, am I right in saying that relaxing the galea muscles should increase bloodflow anyway so that might work better?

Do balding scalps have tighter galeas or just more DHT in them?

Thanks, dudes!

Hoppi
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? Empty Re: Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions?

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:32 am

hoppipolla wrote:Did we ever get to the bottom of this?

Until I manage to solve the hormonal and health AGA triggers, it seems that correcting the poor galea bloodflow is the best solution.

I can never do it well though...

Plus, am I right in saying that relaxing the galea muscles should increase bloodflow anyway so that might work better?

Do balding scalps have tighter galeas or just more DHT in them?

Thanks, dudes!

Hoppi

Tight scalps cause DHT overaccumulation by reducing the oxygen required for estradiol aromatization; thus leaving more free T in the scalp tissue for 5-ar to bind to.

I invented a strap that holds your scalp in a loose position, similar to this, but mine is an adjustable elastic strap with a non-slip coating on it and I sell them for $28 shipped:

Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? STR

The results of treatment in the clinical trial:

Excellent 15%
Lanugo (vellus hair) developed
back to strong terminal hair. Average thick
Hair grew back thicker than before. Compacted hair growth
themselves. complete on the head area

Good 25%
The effects described above occurred primarily at
on the edges of hair loss.

Partial improvement of 25%
The improvements described above occurred, but
with little regrowth.

No change 35%
There were no changes detected.

For the clinical study of 40 subjects, the system was used for a year daily for 2 hours. Price = 500 euro

Last edited by SlowMoe on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions? Empty Re: Relaxing the galea or boosting bloodflow... best solutions?

Post  Hairbeback Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:28 am

How about saving your money and brushing your hair and doing scalp massages?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:38 am

SlowMoe wrote:
Tight scalps cause DHT overaccumulation by reducing the oxygen required for estradiol aromatization; thus leaving more free T in the scalp tissue for 5-ar to bind to.

Ah really you think so?

I mean ultimately it all comes down to bloodflow still doesn't it, whatever the specifics are.

Relaxing muscles is probably relatively tricky (I mean hey even those straps you speak about don't succeed all the time, which seems strange doesn't it).

Perhaps a strong muscle relaxant on them?

They're weird muscles o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:00 am

hoppipolla wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:

Ah really you think so?

I mean ultimately it all comes down to bloodflow still doesn't it, whatever the specifics are.

Relaxing muscles is probably relatively tricky (I mean hey even those straps you speak about don't succeed all the time, which seems strange doesn't it).

Well they didn't get better....Or worse.....

But yeah, my crazy guess is that some people either didnt wear the device like they should, or some people have a huge skull and their scalp stays tight all the time...
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 am

scalp exercises.

exercise 5.. http://www.shapeyourface.com/
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Is everyone here trying to sell something now? hehe Smile

But yeah erm, I do wonder just how hard those muscles are to relax. It's easy to say "Oh just relax the galea muscles" but... that could be easier said than done.

Also, I want to do it in a way that's reasonably easy and not time-consuming or kinda... silly or anything!

Increasing bloodflow such as with brushing theoretically works, but for me I had no reduction in dandruff which suggests to me that the increase in bloodflow wasn't enough.

Hm.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:42 am

hoppipolla wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:

Ah really you think so?

Yeah, there is a product called cramps 911 that is supposedly a pretty strong topical muscle relaxer made with magnesium and copper, used for relieving cramps...
Also there is a topical botox like cream, I forget the name, used for wrinkles that paralyzes the muscles.

The cramps 911 seems messy, and the cream is really expensive, andy a lot would be wasted getting stuck in the hair.

I have done a LOT of research on this, spent many a sleepless night thinking about it, and spent waaay too much time at work doing research.

I think the strap, combined with brushing, anti inflam/ 5ar inhibiting topicals and ultimately the violet ray IMO are your best bet.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:00 am

SlowMoe wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:

Ah really you think so?

Yeah, there is a product called cramps 911 that is supposedly a pretty strong topical muscle relaxer made with magnesium and copper, used for relieving cramps...
Also there is a topical botox like cream, I forget the name, used for wrinkles that paralyzes the muscles.

The cramps 911 seems messy, and the cream is really expensive, andy a lot would be wasted getting stuck in the hair.

I have done a LOT of research on this, spent many a sleepless night thinking about it, and spent waaay too much time at work doing research.

I think the strap, combined with brushing, anti inflam/ 5ar inhibiting topicals and ultimately the violet ray IMO are your best bet.

Yeah I wonder how long the relaxants actually work for o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:20 am

Supposedly the botox topical starts working around 30 days and I'm assuming the results are 24/7
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:18 pm

it hasnt been talked about a lot on this forum but i believe that tense scalp muscles can be easily relaxed by doing PMR (progressive muscle relaxation). Using botox to relax those muscles sounds nice.... and still i am worried about side effects since it is essentially a neurotoxin as well as it can be quite a bit expensive.

the routine i am doing now is quite simple so for anyone who is interested in relaxing their scalp muscles for free:

twice a day, once in the  morning and once in the evening
1.  let ur attention rest for 30-60 secounds on each of the following bodyparts and guess how high the tension in those areas might be :
    face, muscles of the face
    jaw and tongue
    eyes, muscles around the eyes
    ears and musclesgroup above and around the ears
    occipitalis  
    frontalis

the last two are the most important ones, because they create most the the tension in the scalp.

2. a) put your attention again on the frontalis. feel how tense it might be.
   b) contract the frontalis as hards as you can for 10 seconds.
   c) quickly relax the frontalis
   d) put your attention on the frontalis and compare the feeling of tension to before the contraction, idealy it should be more relaxed now

3. repeat step number 2 with the occipitalis muscle

4. check if the relaxation worked by putting a few fingers on top of your scalp and see if the galea moves freely by trying to push it in various directions.

throughout the day if you feel tension do a short routine with just steps 2 to 4.

will this help with stopping hairloss?...this i dont know but i do know this will make your galea relaxed and moveable and takes a "tight scalp" out of the equation in the hair loss puzzle so you got one thing less to worry about

on a side note i find doing this exercise increases scalp awareness in general the longer you do it so it will become easier to notice when you tense up during the day

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:04 pm

^ Great tip, alphadelta, I'll incorporate this. It's easy enough to say to oneself, I will set time aside for relaxation of these body/ scalp muscles, but one rarely actually does it. I remember at one time, I was truly good at relaxing, but I struggle to do it now. Doing what you say for a few times a day, and relaxing the scalp muscles should become second nature in a few weeks.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:37 am

alphadelta wrote:it hasnt been talked about a lot on this forum but i believe that tense scalp muscles can be easily relaxed by doing PMR (progressive muscle relaxation). Using botox to relax those muscles sounds nice.... and still i am worried about side effects since it is essentially a neurotoxin as well as it can be quite a bit expensive.

the routine i am doing now is quite simple so for anyone who is interested in relaxing their scalp muscles for free:

1.  let ur attention rest for 30-60 secounds on each of the following bodyparts and guess how high the tension in those areas might be :
    jaw and tongue
    occipitalis  
    frontalis

the last two are the most important ones, because they create most the the tension in the scalp.

d) put your attention on the frontalis and compare the feeling of tension to before the contraction, idealy it should be more relaxed now

4. check if the relaxation worked by putting a few fingers on top of your scalp and see if the galea moves freely by trying to push it in various directions.

throughout the day if you feel tension do a short routine with just steps 2 to 4.

will this help with stopping hairloss?...this i dont know but i do know this will make your galea relaxed and moveable and takes a "tight scalp" out of the equation in the hair loss puzzle so you got one thing less to worry about

on a side note i find doing this exercise increases scalp awareness in general the longer you do it so it will become easier to notice when you tense up during the day

Your might not see anything if you don't use the violet ray to awaken the dormant follicles. If your follicles are too dormant, relaxing the Galea would most likely stop hairloss and grow a little hair if any. (just a couple things I've noticed/picked up)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 am

Complexx wrote:
alphadelta wrote:it hasnt been talked about a lot on this forum but i believe that tense scalp muscles can be easily relaxed by doing PMR (progressive muscle relaxation). Using botox to relax those muscles sounds nice.... and still i am worried about side effects since it is essentially a neurotoxin as well as it can be quite a bit expensive.

jaw and tongue
    occipitalis  
    frontalis

Your might not see anything if you don't use the violet ray to awaken the dormant follicles. If your follicles are too dormant, relaxing the Galea would most likely stop hairloss and grow a little hair if any. (just a couple things I've noticed/picked up)

are there studies or other solid proof showing violet ray can awaken dormant follicles? i have read this many times across the forum, but i have never come across any solid backing to this info. not that i am denying it's true, but curious as to how it is possible for it to be this powerful.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down