Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding

+4
europe
Warren
Amaranthaceae
RobHealthMan
8 posters

Go down

Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding Empty Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding

Post  RobHealthMan Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:40 pm

hi CS and others...

i been taking 4 drops of iosol every other day now for the past 3 weeks and i am noticing some mild shedding. for example, i previously would not see 1 hair on my pillow, now i see 3-5 hairs.....after shower, i see 10 or so hairs on hand,comb...would i run my hand through my hair....sometimes i see 1 hair or so....this i have not seen before..

CS, others..can you tell me what is expected to happen when iosol iodine/selenium is supposed to do and how the "hair gets worse before it gets better" occurance happens?

i also started reverstol/cuccurim the same time as per your recommendation EOD, not every day.

thanks very much!!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding Empty Re: Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:06 pm

If you have normal iodine levels in your body and you start supplementing large amounts you are likely to go hyperthyroid.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding Empty Re: Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding

Post  RobHealthMan Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 pm

thank you northern!

i really had no idea what levels of iodine i had. CS recommended that to get more because naturally we have less would be helpful....

how do i check if i get normal healthy levels to begin with?

thank you again!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:46 am

You're lucky, I'm shedding 10 hairs on the pillow and much more in the shower. While combing the shedding seems endless. pale

No matter what I try I can't stop it.

Warren

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 am

warren - also on iode ? how much, how long, protocol ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 am

warren, i feel for you brother! i really do Sad

should we stop the iodine? its seriously freaking me a little bit.

i keep hearing from CS and others that it gets worse..then it gets better...man..its a scary ride!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 am

by the way, the hairs im shedding are a combo of long thick ones and small thin ones and short thick ones...

Please someone...CS..anyone tell me its working and the new healthier hairs undersneath are just pushing out the current hairs??

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:18 am

Topical Kefir has reduced my shedding greatly. Try it.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:30 pm

NrwgnKID wrote:Topical Kefir has reduced my shedding greatly. Try it.

hi nrwgnkID,

where do i get topical kefir? what does it do?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Rob--

I've used topical kefir as well, works to reduce shedding. Maybe in the long-term it'll even promote thickening and regrowth? I stopped because I got lazy.

http://www.kefirlady.com for the kefir. She'll provide instructions on how to make it with the order. I used a turkey baster to get the stuff on my scalp after a shower, massaged it in well, then wrapped my head in cellophane and threw an old winter cap on to warm my head (opens up the pores).

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding Empty iodine

Post  kathys Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:53 am

Is there a test to show what ones iodine level is? Some type of lab work perhaps? before I start taking an iodine supplement, I think it is only imparative to find out ones level before starting. Thank you

kathys

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:40 am

Note to everyone on iodine, all these questions have been answered.

To summarize, an iodine loading test will determine iodine sufficiency. 96% of the world is deficient, based on large patient population tests.

If hair shedding occurs while on iodine treatment, it is an indication of bromide or other halogen toxicity.

To counteract this, use the salt loading protocol.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Iosol Iodine, Selenium and hair shedding Empty iodine

Post  kathys Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:47 am

Okay, call me dense, but what is an iodine loading test? I am now in heavy shedding, so if I take iodine, and continue shedding, how can I tell if the iodine is causing it?

kathys

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 am

kathys - Information on the iodine loading test:

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1797&zTYPE=2

Iodine doesn't cause shedding per se, it's the bromide and other halogens being pulled out.

If symptoms occur during iodine loading, you'll need to do the salt loading protocol:

Try a search for "salt loading" using the "Google" selection option in the search box to locate it.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down