Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

At What Point Are We Taking Too Much?

+5
Misirlou
CausticSymmetry
Paradox
randle20
big mike
9 posters

Go down

At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? Empty At What Point Are We Taking Too Much?

Post  big mike Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Question for CS and others,

I take what seems to be an abnormal amount of supps everyday. So my question is, are we actually absorbing all these supplements, or are most of them just passing through? Here is what I take daily:

EC (Fibroboost)x2
Krill Oil (NOW)x2
R-Lipioc Acid (Doctors Best)x1
Curcumin (Jarrows)x1
Resveratrol, 250 mg
Beta Sit, 685 mg
Magnesium (NOW), 400 mg
Brewer's Yeast (NOW)x5
Bee Propolis, 1 g
Silymarin, 300 mg
L-Lysine (2000 mg)
L-Taurine (2-5 g)
ToxGuard (Jarrows)x2
A lot of Theaflavin (Life Extensions), usually 5 per day
A lot of BroccoMax (Jarrows), usually 5 per day

big mike

Back to top Go down

At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? Empty Re: At What Point Are We Taking Too Much?

Post  randle20 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Good question. I hope someone answers it
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? Empty Re: At What Point Are We Taking Too Much?

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Haha, A question I have pondered many a time!

Here are a few signs that you may be taking to much in my experience:

-The doorbell rings with an order from iherb and swansons on the same day, or twice in one week from either.

-You wake up a stare at the endless bottle tops and try to figure out what you are supposed to take

-You have to stop worrying about what supplement interacts with what because there is just not enough time in the day to get these handfuls down.

-You run out of space in your cabinet for stuff and have to start storing it in boxes.

-You have to start showering twice a day to get all your topicals in the rotation

-You run out of a supplement and forget about it the next day because there are so many to keep track of. You then remember you need more 5 minutes after you click on "send payment" on iherb. Now you have to order $40 of more shit to get the free shipping and somehow that isn't a problem doing. Repeat every couple weeks!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 pm

big mike - That's a lot of Beta Sitosterol, you might want to cut that dose down to 100 to 150 twice per day.

Tox-Guard should be taken apart from the other supplements by a few hours.

To the average person this would seem like a lot of things to take, however in integrative medicine, this is totally the norm. It's been in the tens of thousands, although for different purposes of course.

Personally, I've never been too keen on topicals, they are too much of hassle. Ultimately, hair loss is a result of
mitochondrial decay and a topical is usually just a bandage, rather than a normalizer.

For me, this assortment goes way beyond hair, it's also about living healthier for longer, not succumbing to the
maladies of the average person.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:09 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
For me, this assortment goes way beyond hair, it's also about living healthier for longer, not succumbing to the
maladies of the average person.

That is exactly how I look at it, Great point CS!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:10 am

big mike, have you noticed anything positive/negative since starting up this daily protocol of yours?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  big mike Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:59 pm

haven't been on it long enough, but will keep everyone updated

big mike

Back to top Go down

At What Point Are We Taking Too Much? Empty To give an opinion about the question...

Post  Jocko59 Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:08 am

I felt I was taking too much when I began feeling "bad" while taking all of the supplements. I gave myself a week "holiday" from everything and I felt much better. Maybe I was taking too much. Maybe my liver was having a difficult time breaking down all of the supplements. Who knows. At least in my case it seems less is better for how I feel and function day to day.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 am

If you guys are taking tons of capsules, you could feel bad from all the free glutamate in the gelatin caps. I go for the veggie caps when they are available.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:28 am

big mike wrote:Question for CS and others,

I take what seems to be an abnormal amount of supps everyday. So my question is, are we actually absorbing all these supplements, or are most of them just passing through? Here is what I take daily:

EC (Fibroboost)x2
Krill Oil (NOW)x2
Curcumin (Jarrows)x1
Resveratrol, 250 mg
Beta Sit, 685 mg
Magnesium (NOW), 400 mg
Brewer's Yeast (NOW)x5
Bee Propolis, 1 g
Silymarin, 300 mg
L-Lysine (2000 mg)
L-Taurine (2-5 g)
ToxGuard (Jarrows)x2

Add in some Carnitine and Vitamin D. Smile

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:34 am

scottyc33 wrote:
big mike wrote:Question for CS and others,

EC (Fibroboost)x2
Krill Oil (NOW)x2
Curcumin (Jarrows)x1
Resveratrol, 250 mg
Beta Sit, 685 mg
Magnesium (NOW), 400 mg
Brewer's Yeast (NOW)x5
Bee Propolis, 1 g
Silymarin, 300 mg
L-Lysine (2000 mg)
L-Taurine (2-5 g)
ToxGuard (Jarrows)x2

Add in some Carnitine and Vitamin D. Smile

I would also take the ALA 3 times a day to keep the heavy metals circulating in you blood so you can excrete them.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:48 am

Big mike, how is your hair doing after take all those supps?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:37 pm

After our starting five (four, three, or two). I don't see anything wrong with rotating auxiliary supplements every couple of months. We should be able to know with relative certainty what each supplement is doing for our hair/scalp.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down