Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Meat cravings EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Meat cravings EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Meat cravings EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Meat cravings EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Meat cravings EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Meat cravings EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Meat cravings EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Meat cravings EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Meat cravings EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Meat cravings

+2
Prague
kirtanyogi
6 posters

Go down

Meat cravings Empty Meat cravings

Post  kirtanyogi Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:01 am

Now I´m nearly two months into IH´s regimen, and certainly, there has been changes. Regarding to hair, the sheding has slowed down to minimum, i don´t remember any time in my life in which i rubbed my scalp and got no hair in my hand, and that what´s happening now. Beside other changes which come and go and i´ll expose when i make up my mind, there´s this meat craving. What does it mean? Is it a wrong symptom? I´m i alkalinizing too fast? It seems that i could eat meat all day, prefereably beef and lamb are what most satisfy me. I force myself to eat some veggies. I love fruit but i don´t know if that´s too sugary, any ideas?

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Meat cravings Empty Re: Meat cravings

Post  Prague Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 am

i think this is definitely positive, a healthy body craves for meat

i crave for raw meat and i go for it

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 am

kirtanyogi - I totally second Prague, couldn't agree more.

Craving meat is healthy, sometimes it's all I eat.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  kirtanyogi Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks so much guys, that makes me feel better... The funny thing about this is that i used to be vegetarian, until Sept 2008. My mind still thinking a little bit in that way, sometimes is hard to change so fast and so radically. But i must confess i feel much better, more awake and alive. I see it in my yoga partners, their skin colour, all of them balding in crown and temples, no muscle tone, those melancolic eyes... i used to have problems with my knees, ihad to give up running and it was painful to remain in some yoga postures, same as some of my colegues. It doesn´t hurt anymore, and when i was asked for it, they wouldn´t believe is because of dieting, they prefer to think that their knees are abnormal. Some people in my yoga class are asking if i´m working out in a gym (and i´m not), and i answer "no, i EAT". The best thing is that i´m starting to run again.

I gave up vegetarianism because of my first son, i was scared of giving him an unhealthy model of dieting, so i started eating some fish and poultry occasionally. But this "meat fever" is recent. I feel like i need meat, makes me feel energized and satisfied when i eat it, specially argentinian and north- american cuts, although i don´t like them raw, i prefer them well done. I read the blood type diet, i´m A, so i´m supposed to be a perfect veggie...

I´m also wondering about this other book, diet Zone, and this balance between carbs, fat and protein (40%-30%-30%) for best hormonal configuration. It´s probably another money making myth, but i would like to know your thoughts about it.

Sorry for this extended reply, as you see i´m sorrounded by myths that i must identify and writing and reading here is kind of a liberation. Thanks for sharing your inspiring knowledge, is really helping me and i´m sure that many others.

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:34 am

kirtanyogi--

I don't think a polarized view on diet is healthy. There's a new term called flexitarian that's gaining some momentum. This makes the most sense to me. I went heavy on a meat diet at the beginning of the summer. At first, my experience was similar to yours, I embraced the added muscle mass and what I perceived to be healthy fat. Let's face it, beef sticks to the bones like no other. However, I ended up putting on about fifteen pounds and got some mid section fat for the first time. I also noted that in photos I didn't look as good. I guess I am on the flip side of your mindset on diet, I feel elated to be moving away from meat to a more plant-based diet--I can see that my stomach will return to its former glory. I had cravings for a while, but it was more a mental obstacle, just realizing that i don't need meat. Seeing an old friend who has been a vegetarian for over twenty years helped me realize that--he has a full head of hair and has a very clean, high-testosterone look to him. So basically i am back to eating fish as my main protein. I've also noted that fish-eating cultures seem to have least hair issues. I am treating beef/poultry more like the way most treat fruit on this forum--seldom eating it.

But, in your case, it sounds like you needed some meat.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:32 am

Based on the research of William Wolcott who came up with metabolic typing, explains why some thrive on meat or vegetarianism. Then there's Aajonus Vonderplanitz who says everyone needs meat, however the vegans need it raw--actually he suggests everyone needs it raw. The eat right for your blood type has been proven incorrect time and again, with so many type A's really needing meat, it was an interesting theory but not accurate.

Probably the best way to eat is to go by how you feel and looking out for allergic foods.

In my case, when I tried vegetarianism I had all the symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Odd looking ejaculate flow, AM fatigue, low immune system, very low blood pressure, Ragland's sign. I tried this after reading all this pro vegetarian material in 92 to 94, and a lot of it I felt skeptical about. Turned out most of it was just unproven theory.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  kirtanyogi Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:43 am

Hi Gibson,

I completely agree with you. Radicalism is not healthy, for our mind overall and i have enjoyed very much this new word for me "Flexitarian", which gives all the posibilities to practitioners. I´m concious about that I can not only eat meat, even i crave for it (i see cravings as a limitation), i enjoy other meals a lot, lentils, beans, goat cheese, salmon, tuna, brocoli, tomato, coconut... Fortunately my sugar and bread cravings have dissapeared. It is just that i didn´t feel this aim for meat in years and i´m wondering why. I must say that i´ve lost 30 pounds since i left the green side of life. I had triglicerides, high cholesterol, low sugar, mood changes, obsessive thinking (about hair, sex fetishes) lack of energie and power...I don´t have the knowledge of most of you, i just have my experience, but consider having protein (animal) at least three times daily if you are going into a flexitarian diet. Fish is great! What´s the fruit deal?

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:42 am

bsessive thinking (about hair, sex fetishes)

isnt this a good thing? Very Happy

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:44 am

You can be healthier as a vegetarian compared to the average person, but to be in an optimal state i really think you need some form of animal fat/protein at each and every meal.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  kirtanyogi Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:50 am

Hahaha, i think it´s a good thing when it´s not so important and it´s a complement in your sexual life. They are not so important now, and i feel better. It´s like i was so sensitive to adictions...

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:38 am

I try eating "organic" meat....grass fed beef, chicken ETC not that steriod infested meat you by at jewels and stuff lol.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down