Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation

3 posters

Go down

Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation Empty Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation

Post  hapyman Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:59 am

Hey everyone,

Just trying to find some info for someone I know. Recently they broke out in hives just on their hands but it was really bad. Nothing in the diet has changed and no pharmaceuticals were added. They take Zyrtec usually everyday during the summer and fall. They were prescribed a steroid and it was taken orally over the past couple weeks. The hives went away immediately but once the prescription was up they returned even worse and were all over.

A little history: the person is male and about 30 years old. Currently living a very stressful (3 kids & getting PHD) lifestyle with very poor eating habits. His wife is a great baker so there are always cupcakes, brownies, cookies, cake etc etc around. Recently he saw a doctor and had elevated cholesterol so the doctor told him he needed to exercise or he would become hypoglycemic.

Personally I have been trying to get this person to change their diet, most notably removing all the excess sweets, which most likely contains a lot of High Fructose Corn Syrup. He is determined though to beat his high cholesterol based on his doctor saying exercise alone will do it. Leaky gut seems to run in the family and I think that this may be the cause. I see some people can experience delayed onset of Coelic or Gluten sensitivity. My idea is to get him on a really restricted diet and introduce S. Boulardi and LGG. This would be the easiest way to see if that is something in his diet is the cause.

Also I was thinking about some natural anti-inflammatories such as aloe, turmeric, etc.

Anyone have any advice? I really appreciate it. Very Happy
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation Empty Re: Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation

Post  kijumn Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:44 am

Celiac disease dermatitis herpetiformis pictures = http://www.celiac.com/articles/178/1/Pictures-of-Dermatitis-Herpetiformis--Article-Links/Page1.html

symptoms = http://www.celiac.com/articles/1106/1/Celiac-Disease-Symptoms/Page1.html

hope this helps
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation Empty Re: Help with Hives, Systemic Inflammation

Post  kijumn Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:51 am

Also a quote regarding hives

"The researchers found celiac disease in 4 of the 79 chronic urticaria group—a full 5%, and in 17 of the 2,545 controls (0.67%). The four children found to have celiac disease in the chronic urticaria group were put on a gluten-free diet and after 5-10 weeks their chronic urticaria symptoms completely disappeared (while it took 5-9 months for their serological tests for celiac disease to return to normal)."

http://www.celiac.com/articles/948/1/Chronic-Urticaria-Hives-and-Associated-Celiac-Disease-in-Children/Page1.html

Since it appeared only on hands you may want to check this

"Some people's hands erupt in hives when they handle certain foods—tomatoes and some meats, for example. Remarkably, they often can eat those foods with no problem, says Arthur Daily, M.D., associate clinical professor of dermatology at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island."

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/16/111.cfm
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Mon May 17, 2010 12:54 pm

After some research i believe the rash i've had for a few months is hives. Other than going to my doctor and being tested for allergies, is there anything else people would recommend?

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down