Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok?

5 posters

Go down

Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? Empty Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok?

Post  RobHealthMan Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 am

HI CS and others,

To be on the safe side, should I just go ahead and take Lugol's? Will this hurt my health/Hair loss in anyway?

What dosage will be safe?

I'm just saying that if we go by statistics that 80% of population is iodine deficient, then by probability sake i should just go ahead and take it?

thanks guys!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? Empty Re: Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 am

RobHealthMan - Wouldn't expect any harm. The "worst" that could happen is a sort of detoxification reaction which in the long run is a good thing. Ultimately you're likely to live longer and while the studies haven't emerged yet, I believe it is a significant way to prevent the most common cancer in men, prostate cancer.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok? Empty Re: Lugol's Iodine: should I take it even if it seems my thyroid is ok?

Post  kijumn Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:32 am

A couple on curezone have mentioned an initial worsening of hair when first supplementing Iodine but in the end their hair looked better. They attributed it to possibly the release of heavy metals as Iodine helps chelate heavy metals but who knows if that's the reason. Either way, I haven't heard anyone mention that Iodine supplementation in the end caused harm to their hair.

If you're scared of Iodine, Iodide is much smoother and easier on your body ... an antioxidant actually. Instead of just buying Iodide you can just put some drops of Lugol's in a liquid that contains Vitamin C or just add a pinch of Vitamin C to the water that contains Lugol's and it converts all the Iodine to just Iodide.

Also, don't forget to take selenium as selenomethionine when supplementing Iodine.

With all this said, Iodine/Iodide is some great stuff. It makes everything in your body work much better.

Here's some quotes

"Animal studies have shown that the addition of selenium supplementation will alleviate the effects of excess iodine intake.[xxxix]"

http://www.healthsalon.org/290/cancer-alternative-treatments-selenium-iodine-alpha-lipoic-acid-and-sodium-bicarbonate/

"In the human body large amount of Iodide are
enzymatically converted into elemental Iodine. The
female breast, for example, concentrates the amount of
Iodine in breast milk, by converting large amounts of
Iodides into elemental Iodine, then the elemental Iodine
ends up dissolving in and concentrated in the milk fat.
That vastly increases how much Iodine a mother's
nursing baby get. Even when no breast feeding is going
on females breasts still convert Iodides into elemental
Iodide. The kidneys then excrete the excess elemental
Iodine coming from the breasts about 5 times faster than
they excrete Iodides. That is why even women who are
not nursing babies ideally still need about 5 mg more
dietary Iodide per day than men. So if you eat enough
Iodide, even if you eat no element Iodine at all, you body
can covert enough of it into enough Iodine so that you
can enjoy all of Iodine's anti-bacterial, anti-viral and
anti-cancer activities that you need. In fact, the infection
fighting and cancer fighting white blood cells secrete
Hydrogen Peroxide, which converts any nearby Iodides
in the body into elemental Iodine. That Iodine then
attacks and helps to kill the germs and/or cancer cells
that the white blood cells are fighting."
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:37 am

Hey CausticSymmetry,

I don't understand any of this but I thought you might be interested

http://iodine4health.com/disease/cancer/prostatecancer/spitzweg_prostatecancer.htm

http://iodine4health.com/disease/cancer/prostatecancer/siddiqui_prostatecancer.htm
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:05 am

jdp710 - The first one is using a steroid immune suppressant with radioactive iodine to kill cancer cells in the prostate.

All of those mentioned radioactive iodine which is commonly used as a toxic agent.

Natural iodine prevents estrogens proliferation effect on cells.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 am

Speaking of radioactive iodine (which is really toxic) is there any way to reverse the damage done to the thyroid when it is being used to treat hyperthyroidism? I know a couple people who 20 years ago got this done and are now hypothyroid.

Thanks/
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 am

hapyman wrote:Speaking of radioactive iodine (which is really toxic) is there any way to reverse the damage done to the thyroid when it is being used to treat hyperthyroidism? I know a couple people who 20 years ago got this done and are now hypothyroid.

Thanks/

hapyman - It's pretty amazing how patients suffering from Grave's disease or a form of hyperthyroidism become victims of the medical establishment with this barbaric methodology. If someone suffers from hyperthyroidism there are 4 treatments I know of, and 2 of them are preferred over the other two. High dose lugols is preferred, but also high dose Lithium will work too.

Of course, the question you presented is--what is done post radioactive iodine 'treatment?'

The only option is thyroid replacement, preferably Armour or dessicated thyroid along with iodine.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:16 am

My only warning is to make sure your adrenals are in top order before trying to dump/make more T4/T3 in the system via Iodine/tyrosine/selenium combo.

I remember when I was taking 15mg of Iodine per day I was getting dull aches around my kidneys - a typical symptom stated in this protocol. Everywhere I read it was supposed to be a "detox" reaction. I bet that was my adrenals hurting from the additional thyroid dump. If you read up, the solution is to take "Sea salt water flush" - which directly helps the adrenals. The info otherwise says "Sea Slat Water flush would clear kidneys" - I am not sold on this theory.

Reading more on this subject, we know adrenals and thyroids go hand in hand. Adrenals must be supported and in good condition for thyroid meds to work. That is why they all now say to address and support adrenals first before taking in extra thyroid (armour, t3, etc). Id Iodine is indeed increasing the production of t4 or the conversion from t4 to t3, same would apply to iodine as well.

There may be other kinds of detox symptoms - but a dull ache around kidneys might very well be a sign of adrenals hurting....and the fact that sea salt water helps is another evidence implicating adrenals.

Just some food for thought.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:58 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:RobHealthMan - Wouldn't expect any harm. The "worst" that could happen is a sort of detoxification reaction which in the long run is a good thing. Ultimately you're likely to live longer and while the studies haven't emerged yet, I believe it is a significant way to prevent the most common cancer in men, prostate cancer.

Thanks CS!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:59 pm

jdp710 wrote:A couple on curezone have mentioned an initial worsening of hair when first supplementing Iodine but in the end their hair looked better. They attributed it to possibly the release of heavy metals as Iodine helps chelate heavy metals but who knows if that's the reason. Either way, I haven't heard anyone mention that Iodine supplementation in the end caused harm to their hair.

If you're scared of Iodine, Iodide is much smoother and easier on your body ... an antioxidant actually. Instead of just buying Iodide you can just put some drops of Lugol's in a liquid that contains Vitamin C or just add a pinch of Vitamin C to the water that contains Lugol's and it converts all the Iodine to just Iodide.

Also, don't forget to take selenium as selenomethionine when supplementing Iodine.

With all this said, Iodine/Iodide is some great stuff. It makes everything in your body work much better.

Here's some quotes

"Animal studies have shown that the addition of selenium supplementation will alleviate the effects of excess iodine intake.[xxxix]"

http://www.healthsalon.org/290/cancer-alternative-treatments-selenium-iodine-alpha-lipoic-acid-and-sodium-bicarbonate/

"In the human body large amount of Iodide are
enzymatically converted into elemental Iodine. The
female breast, for example, concentrates the amount of
Iodine in breast milk, by converting large amounts of
Iodides into elemental Iodine, then the elemental Iodine
ends up dissolving in and concentrated in the milk fat.
That vastly increases how much Iodine a mother's
nursing baby get. Even when no breast feeding is going
on females breasts still convert Iodides into elemental
Iodide. The kidneys then excrete the excess elemental
Iodine coming from the breasts about 5 times faster than
they excrete Iodides. That is why even women who are
not nursing babies ideally still need about 5 mg more
dietary Iodide per day than men. So if you eat enough
Iodide, even if you eat no element Iodine at all, you body
can covert enough of it into enough Iodine so that you
can enjoy all of Iodine's anti-bacterial, anti-viral and
anti-cancer activities that you need. In fact, the infection
fighting and cancer fighting white blood cells secrete
Hydrogen Peroxide, which converts any nearby Iodides
in the body into elemental Iodine. That Iodine then
attacks and helps to kill the germs and/or cancer cells
that the white blood cells are fighting."

Thank you JDP! Is there a good iodide supplement to purchase from iherb instead of lugol's?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:00 pm

lund wrote:My only warning is to make sure your adrenals are in top order before trying to dump/make more T4/T3 in the system via Iodine/tyrosine/selenium combo.

I remember when I was taking 15mg of Iodine per day I was getting dull aches around my kidneys - a typical symptom stated in this protocol. Everywhere I read it was supposed to be a "detox" reaction. I bet that was my adrenals hurting from the additional thyroid dump. If you read up, the solution is to take "Sea salt water flush" - which directly helps the adrenals. The info otherwise says "Sea Slat Water flush would clear kidneys" - I am not sold on this theory.

Reading more on this subject, we know adrenals and thyroids go hand in hand. Adrenals must be supported and in good condition for thyroid meds to work. That is why they all now say to address and support adrenals first before taking in extra thyroid (armour, t3, etc). Id Iodine is indeed increasing the production of t4 or the conversion from t4 to t3, same would apply to iodine as well.

There may be other kinds of detox symptoms - but a dull ache around kidneys might very well be a sign of adrenals hurting....and the fact that sea salt water helps is another evidence implicating adrenals.

Just some food for thought.

thank you lund! my serum thyroid test shows my t3/t3/tsh are all within normal/healthy range. but it seems my adrenals are starting to fatigue and in early stages of this.

Will lugol's help here? As i asked JDP, is there a good iodide supplement from iherb instead?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:53 am

Thank you everyone thus far!

Has anyone actually experience hair worsening temporarily when starting iodine then the hair getting better as a result?

thanks!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down