Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS

+22
NrwgnKID
fred
rofl
Misirlou
kirtanyogi
Prague
HarryHenderson
brianf
kijumn
edony
NoGravity
KAPTUNKRUNK
vade retro alopecia
thelibrarian
Southbeach
tooyoung
Decro435
hapyman
johnt
nidhogge
RobHealthMan
blackjack
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS Empty ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS

Post  blackjack Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:04 am

The connection between sexual activity in men, and hair loss has been posited in both Taoist and Ayurvedic (Indian) medical texts for thousands of years. In a nutshell, it is maintained that excessive emission by men during intercourse or otherwise results in pattern hair loss for those genetically predisposed.

Westerners typically scoff or recoil at this very notion, yet what little data that actually does exist on the subject indirectly lends a modicum of support to the ancient Eastern view. In this update we will resist the temptation to dismiss these claims as ludicrous and attempt to evaluate possible lines of reasoning behind this view.

- In Chinese medicine, which has its roots in Taoism, it is widely accepted that there is a direct correlation between kidney/adrenal health and the health of the hair. They maintain that excessive emission puts tremendous stress on the kidneys.

- Here is a quote from the “Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity” by Daniel Reid.

"When enhanced secretions from the male 'kidney-glands' are preserved through properly disciplined intercourse without ejaculation, they enter the bloodstream, travel throughout the body, and prevent hair loss, skin wrinkling, poor muscle tone, arthritis, rheumatism, impotence and other disasters associated with aging."

Here is another quote from” Taoist Secrets of Love, Cultivating Male Sexual Energy” by Mantak Chia, (author of dozens of books on Taoist practices-)

"With frequent emission of sperm vitality ultimately plummets. The big spender loses stamina, his vision begans to weaken, his hair tumbles from his skull: he grows old before his time.”

In Taoist and Tantra yoga it is maintained that for men, frequent sex without emission, not celibacy is a reliable way to prevent hair loss and stall aging. This practice reportedly releases hormones into circulation that have an anti-aging effect.

There are but few studies in the medical literature by which to attempt to evaluate these positions.

At least one study showed that erotic visual stimulus significantly raised testosterone levels within minutes, and another showed that emission lowered testosterone and raised DHT.

Another study showed emission raises prolactin and DHT, both of which are problematic for hair.

Yet another study showed that even short term abstinence (7 days) raises testosterone by 145% , which could quickly be returned to baseline with 1 emission.

Former pugilists Muhammed Ali, Julio Cesar Chavez, and the late Bruce Lee were all apparent adherents to these practices, and all have/had full heads of hair.

Present day practioners of Taoist yoga (which puts a foundational emphasis on the preservation and cultivation of male sexual energy), have full heads of hair into their 60’s and beyond. Mantak Chia and Stephen Chang are 2 examples.

Here is an article from the Japan Times on the subject:

Lock that zipper to help keep your mane thicker

By MARK SCHREIBER
Asahi Geino, May 17
A significant portion of adult males in Japan express concern over hair loss. Now, perhaps even more so, as new revelations suggest linkage between hair loss and sexual activity.
"We received 1,400 responses to a survey of our members," says Keigo Yoshida, executive vice president at the Add Hair Zomo Center in Yoro-cho, Gifu Prefecture. "In addition to questions related to frequency of shampooing and dietary preferences, we also questioned them regarding their sexual activities. About 70 percent of the respondents said they ejaculated between 14 to 30 times per month."
Readers' indulgence is requested while Asahi Geino delves into a somewhat sticky subject: Can, the magazine asks, any correlation be established between seminal excretions and hair loss?
According to an unnamed journalist who covers dietary topics, although water composes 90 percent of such emissions, their basic ingredient is a protein.
"For a long time men have been advised to take a diet of meats, eggs and other foods high in proteins," he remarks. "Hair is also created from protein intake."
Ergo, a new theory holds that excessive ejaculation of seminal fluid may deplete proteins and would impede hair growth.
"Viewed objectively, it (i.e., excessive ejaculation) can result in premature aging, reduced metabolism and thinning hair in males from middle age and beyond," says Add Hair's Yoshida. "We've found that compared with the older generation, today's younger men tend to be more sexually active. Even though they boast a robust metabolism, they're burning up too many proteins. As lifestyles change, so do sexual lifestyles, and that's why you see more young guys showing signs of premature baldness."
An unnamed source in the hair restoration business tells Asahi Geino a guideline has actually been developed to discourage overactive libidos from ravaging one's hairline.
"Using this formula, the ideal frequency (of emissions) can be calculated by taking the person's age in years, dividing the number by 10, and squaring the result. Thus for a man age 30, the ideal frequency is once each 9 days, and for age 45, once every 20 days," he explains.
In other words, to assure a shaggier pate, men should bite the bullet, take cold showers and engage in restraint in all things carnal.
"It may be a bit stressful for males in their teens and 20s to stifle their sex urge to that degree," he acknowledges. "So there are advantages and disadvantages to these guidelines."
Some men try to have it both ways by supplementing their dietary intake with Zinc. Dr. Hideo Yamanaka, director of the Hibiya Clinic in Tokyo's Toranomon, advises Zinc be taken in daily doses of 15 to 20 mg.
Indeed, word from the street has it that male performers in adult videos regularly pop Zinc along with multivitamins, so as to aid their anatomy to "recover rapidly" from exertions in front of the cameras.
Acknowledging that quite a few of the adult-video industry's more illustrious performers have shiny pates, Dr. Yamanaka points out that genetically predisposed male pattern baldness, commencing from the front, may indicate the presence of higher levels of such hormones as androsterone and androstane. Many such men, who also have heavy growth of facial hair, are known for their sexual prowess, but their occupation may be exacerbating their hair loss.
In that respect, truly, a vicious cycle has never been so much fun.

It’s a vicious cycle indeed. If standard sex (not tantric or Taoist sex) exacerbates hair loss, than losing hair over time will reduce your likelihood of having sexual encounters to begin with in the future.

Taoist master Mantak Chia maintains that the conservation of male sexual energy will reliably prevent hair loss in those genetically predisposed, but is less likely to grow hair back that has already been lost.

OUR ANALYSIS

Because Taoism forms the foundation of Chinese Medicine, Herbology and Acupuncture (which actually do have voluminous scientific support) we are hesitant to dismiss this information as nothing more than esoteric flapdoodle. Those who choose to outright dismiss the connection between hair loss and sexual activity because there is” no evidence” should bear in mind there is absolutely no evidence negating this connection either.

On the other hand , there are many wacky theories about what grows hair and one should not indiscriminately embrace any idea that comes along. With that in mind we have presented this update for informational purposes only with no treatment recommendation implications.

For those interested in more information we suggest reading “Taoist Secrets of Love “ by Mantak Chia and “The Tao of Sexology” by Dr. Stephen Chang. You can also visit www.universal-tao.com

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateAncientChineseSecrets6-07.html

blackjack

Back to top Go down

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS Empty Re: ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS

Post  RobHealthMan Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:53 pm

this is interesting!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS Empty Re: ANCIENT CHINESE SECRETS FOR HAIR LOSS

Post  nidhogge Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Very fascinating, and definitely in line with spiritual stuff that I've learned over the years.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:53 am

I actually do believe this is a factor -- although probably about one piece of a 100 piece puzzle. It states that ejacualtion raises DHT, I'm wondering if anyone knows how much, or how significant an increase it really is?

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:12 am

This is totally bullshit, Priests do not masturbate, and almost all are bald, the history of Masturbation X Hair loss will be for the rest of life

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:54 am

"priests don't masturbate"???

Are you kidding me? They probably spank it more than the rest of us put together!

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 am

Steven_Tyler wrote:This is totally bullshit, Priests do not masturbate, and almost all are bald, the history of Masturbation X Hair loss will be for the rest of life

Wink

Yeah I highly doubt all priests are truly "celibate".
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:16 am

Priests can masturbate all they want, some will lose their hair, some won't. Whether or not over-masturbating (excess of 2-3 a week) will kickstart or encourage hair loss or another question. No point in discussing it though, people don't like to hear it for some reason.

I think the elevated prolactin levels could definetly effect the hair as well as some other factors I don't know of.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 am

Decro435 wrote:Priests can masturbate all they want, some will lose their hair, some won't. Whether or not over-masturbating (excess of 2-3 a week) will kickstart or encourage hair loss or another question. No point in discussing it though, people don't like to hear it for some reason.

I think the elevated prolactin levels could definetly effect the hair as well as some other factors I don't know of.

If someone where to cut out masturbation altogether, would this have a positive effect in regards to hairloss?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 am

I don't know man, No one here can give you a definitive answer.

I wouldn't cut it out completey, but my assumptions that cutting down would have positive effects. But, I could be completely wrong. When I tried to do that before, on my fourth day I had a wet dream. So, I'm guessing that every 4 days is the right amount for me. Though I haven't really got around to that.

You should try and get an answer for someone more educated in the field.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:10 pm

If you read the article they aren't talking about celibacy-they're talking about the so called cultivation of male sexual energy, which involves extreme arousal minus ejaculation. Interesting.

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:03 pm

it's very interesting, but i still have a hard time believing it could kick start hair loss..i think excessive ejaculations means excessive loss of zinc which then could effect hair.
But I do think that to many men ejaculate way to much more today then ever before. I think it's still best to keep ejaculations in moderation. maybe once every 5-6days is probably best for young men.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  thelibrarian Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Hey Guys,

Do a search of the forum and you will find that ejaculation elevates prolactin dramatically and lowers testosterone levels. This effect will last for weeks. These two effects combined have a negative impact on hair.
At the time of the previous discussion, members ( forum members , that is) were reporting an increase of frontal inflammation after ejaculation.
One way to combat this is to take chasteberry, which will lower your prolactin levels.
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:36 am

If you are on a regimen, do you think masturbation would slow down any progress without taking that chasteberry?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:13 am

It would depend but my guess is that it could very well do that. Does your regiment include zinc and magnesium? I would guess, among others, these would be the most important to replace if you are ejaculating a lot. I try to take ZMA every night for this reason.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  vade retro alopecia Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:14 pm

To be honest I prefer to keep ejaculating and having a great sexual married life even if it means loosing my hair...

vade retro alopecia

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 am

According to the article you can still have an orgasm but there are special techniques to hold it in (if you know what I mean). Not only do you get the purported benefits but this will also help you last longer and have multiple orgasms. And yes men can have multiple orgasms... you just have to exercise the right muscles Very Happy .
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:16 am

hapyman wrote:It would depend but my guess is that it could very well do that. Does your regiment include zinc and magnesium? I would guess, among others, these would be the most important to replace if you are ejaculating a lot. I try to take ZMA every night for this reason.

I take zinc and I think magnesium in a multivit I take. What is ZMA?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 am

zinc magnesium aspartate. alot of weightlifters and athletes supplement with it.

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:32 am

KAPTUNKRUNK wrote:zinc magnesium aspartate. alot of weightlifters and athletes supplement with it.

I see, what effect does it have on athletic performance?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:01 am

from what ive read if your are deficient in zinc your test levels will drop and your performance will too. if you are training hard its good to make sure you get everything you need. zma is suppose to be highly absorbable.

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 pm

So we do want to increase T level right? The article states that visual stimulation increase T, and w/o emission, it shld be beneficial to hair am i right?

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 am

Tried it last night with the gf. Lots of intercourse but I held it in. It was still satisfying and didn't feel like I normally do afterward. Perhaps more energetic but hard to explain. I'm going to keep trying it.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:57 am

hapyman wrote:Tried it last night with the gf. Lots of intercourse but I held it in.

How exactly did you do that man!?If I try to hold it in when i really feel like ejaculating ,either i lose my erection or i keep going but can't come afterwards.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:29 am

Practice and I must say that I can't hold back completely yet. You need to the strengthen the muscles around that area. You can do that by squezzing inward like you are trying to hold back urinating. Do about 20 reps a day. Also a slight variation (that seems more useful) is to squeeze and hold the muscles in as long as you can. If you can hold it for 6-10 seconds you can hold back an ejaculation.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next