Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Avoiding...hangover! EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Avoiding...hangover! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Avoiding...hangover! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Avoiding...hangover! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Avoiding...hangover! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Avoiding...hangover! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Avoiding...hangover! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Avoiding...hangover! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Avoiding...hangover! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Avoiding...hangover!

+8
Gibson
Prague
ninelives25
m1234
CausticSymmetry
blackjack
LittleFighter
Misirlou
12 posters

Go down

Avoiding...hangover! Empty Avoiding...hangover!

Post  Misirlou Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 pm

The best advice is of course to avoid drinking the poison...however most of us do use alcohol sometimes. So why do we get hangovers and how can they be prevented? Yesterday I tried to eat a lot when I got home after the party, I also took Brewers yeast and R-lipoic acid + plenty of water during the entire night. When I wake up, 9 hours later I had horrible hangover (pulsing headache) for many hours. It did however disappear after a heavy running session (even though the headache was extreme in the beginning of the session).

Give me your best advices! Basketball

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Avoiding...hangover! Empty Re: Avoiding...hangover!

Post  LittleFighter Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Take enough N-Acetyl-Cysteine before and after. Pantethine, and a B-Complex will help too.

Interesting info:

http://candidapage.com/aldehyde.shtml
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:33 pm

i heard potassium works wonders..

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Misirlou - I wrote about this in my blog about ten days ago, here's the direct link to it.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/2071180-having-your-cake-eating-it-too

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  m1234 Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:32 pm

I find this thread really interesting...as i get the worlds WORST hangovers!
Literally sometimes just one pint is enough to make me feel like crap the next day. (the whole day!) Sometimes i go to bed feeling drunk but not that bad and the next day i have every hangover symptom there is and im sick...sometimes up to 10 times. Its obviously put me off drinking alot but i do still have a 'night out' every now and then.
Now looking at the daily topic im guessing my body struggles to convert acetaldehyde into acetic acid. Iv just ordered some benfotiamine and N-acetyl-cysteine so hope that helps for next time?!

Cs (or anyone) iv been meaning to ask this for a while actually.
Im now 29 and from when i was about 22 i started getting a couple of problems that really piss me off. One is a constant feeling of having to clear my throat (feels at the bass of the throat), at its worst i could bring mucous up about 100 times a day! Iv been to the doctors,hospital,ENT but nothing they did helped. They seem to think it could be acid reflux but weren't sure.
The problem is not quite as bad now but is still constantly there.

Around about the same time i got this throat problem my palms started to get sweaty and i still have that problem too.
As with the throat its not quite as bad as it used to be but both problems still really get on my tits!
Whats weird about my sweaty palms is they go completley back to normal when i spend time by the sea. I live in London.

It seems both problems get worse if i eat alot of crap(at its worst i was eating LOADS AND LOADS of bread) and they get at their absolute worst when iv got a hangover (why i wanted to mention it).
Do you think candida could be a link in this (i also have strange hairloss, a bit diffuse with alot of thinning and itching on the sides of my head). Im going to start taking waiora Zeolite and drinking lots of real kefir as iv never really done much about candida.

Sorry to hijack thread abit but any replys would be GREATLY appreciated
Thanks

m1234

Back to top Go down

Post  ninelives25 Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:25 pm

On the topic of hangovers: I have found a mix of food + N-Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Thisilyn extremely helpful. Before a drinking session (I usually drink a maximum of 3 beers, no hard-liquor) I ensure that I've hand something to eat (a slice of pizza / a few fruits / something) and have one pill of super-thisilyn. Post drinking, I have a proper dinner, and have a mix of 1 ALA, and 2 Super Thisilyns. On this regimen, I've never had a single hangover.

Hope this helps.

ninelives25

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:36 am

m1234

i used to have the same problems with my throat - potassium got me rid of this and candida can surely be a factor

there's an article i posted maybe here about a guy that got rid of hise dry throat after 30years with potassium chloride

i started to drink potato water in the moorning that i rotate with ACV - the greatest natural sources of potassium among other benefits (the purpose i drink these is that i think that protein/calcium presence in urine is linked to hairloss)

i used to be a big beer drinker and bread eater for some time too

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:04 am

m1234 wrote:I find this thread really interesting...as i get the worlds WORST hangovers!
Literally sometimes just one pint is enough to make me feel like crap the next day. (the whole day!) Sometimes i go to bed feeling drunk but not that bad and the next day i have every hangover symptom there is and im sick...sometimes up to 10 times. Its obviously put me off drinking alot but i do still have a 'night out' every now and then.
Now looking at the daily topic im guessing my body struggles to convert acetaldehyde into acetic acid. Iv just ordered some benfotiamine and N-acetyl-cysteine so hope that helps for next time?!

Cs (or anyone) iv been meaning to ask this for a while actually.
Im now 29 and from when i was about 22 i started getting a couple of problems that really piss me off. One is a constant feeling of having to clear my throat (feels at the bass of the throat), at its worst i could bring mucous up about 100 times a day! Iv been to the doctors,hospital,ENT but nothing they did helped. They seem to think it could be acid reflux but weren't sure.
The problem is not quite as bad now but is still constantly there.

Around about the same time i got this throat problem my palms started to get sweaty and i still have that problem too.
As with the throat its not quite as bad as it used to be but both problems still really get on my tits!
Whats weird about my sweaty palms is they go completley back to normal when i spend time by the sea. I live in London.

It seems both problems get worse if i eat alot of crap(at its worst i was eating LOADS AND LOADS of bread) and they get at their absolute worst when iv got a hangover (why i wanted to mention it).
Do you think candida could be a link in this (i also have strange hairloss, a bit diffuse with alot of thinning and itching on the sides of my head). Im going to start taking waiora Zeolite and drinking lots of real kefir as iv never really done much about candida.

Sorry to hijack thread abit but any replys would be GREATLY appreciated
Thanks

It sounds like you are allergic to yeast, which is a common allergy. The issue with your throat is caused by Post Nasal Drip, which is one of the most common allergy symptoms:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-nasal_drip
Avoiding the allergen is key, in this case, yeast in beer, wine and bread. You would actually be better off drinking hard liquor. To clear your throat, the safest and best thing to do is irrigate your nose with a saline solution. It will clear out all the sickly gunk that builds up.
http://www.medicinenet.com/chronic_rhinitis/page6.htm
Personally, I get the same effect through Bikram yoga.

In any case, my guess is that your liver is fine. That said, if you move up to hard liquor, you'll probably want to start taking the recommended supps, as u may start to experience real hangovers.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 am

I havent drank in 6 months.. Its not worth it, its extremely counter productive, decreases testosterone, increases estrogens. stops Growth hormone production when you sleep, damages the liver... if you want to healthy and save your hair its best to quit booze.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 am

m1234 - If for any reason the potassium idea doesn't work, you might want to try sulforaphane and see how that works.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:36 am

M1234--

I forgot to add that a diagnonis is ridiculously easy for a doctor to make regarding Post Nasal Drip. There is an istrument that allows them to look in your nose to your throat--it should take all of 5 minutes.

I think it is telling that you get releif when by the ocean, as that is one of the most naturally allergen free environments to be had.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  m1234 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks for all the responses guys.
I will get hold of some acv and see if that helps me out and on my next order from i herb i will get sulforaphane.

Gibson- I think you could be right as everyting gets alot worse when i have anything with yeast especially beer!
I will try out all the suggestions and see what helps the most.
Thanks again-great forum!

m1234

Back to top Go down

Post  Christos Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:10 pm

I binge drink about 2-3 times a week. On Friday/Sat nights I can have 12 330ml bottles of beer sometimes, yet no hangover, no headaches. I do however take what you recommended on your blog CS - multivitamins, benfotiamine, NAC, milk thistle (3 Swanson's Liver Essentials everyday and 4 on a drink day), an extra cinnamon pill with the booze to help the insulin and all that, kudzu root, ALA and of course curcumin extract. All these help with the booze.

I'm also careful with what brands I drink. I find German and other European beers do not give me a hangover. Cheap Australian ones can give me a hangover after 4 bottles. WTF do they put in them? Someone told me 36 different chemicals, but this is unconfirmed, although it wouldn't surprise me.

Christos

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:13 am

The day after drinking I will be extremely horny all day and sometimes feel sensitive or emotional. Since alcohol lowers testosterone but raises estrogen and LH, would it help balance hormones by taking DIM or maca the day after?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 am

So to sum up..what can we do to minimize/avoid hangovers?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:06 am

I've been reading up on this a little because I had possibly the worst hangover I've ever had the other day. Pounding headache, nausea, dizziness etc etc. I try not to drink too often but can't help but go out with friends every once in awhile.

Besides the Benfotiamine and NAC I've read that Prickly Pear is very good for a hangover cure. I haven't been able to try it yet but I am thinking about adding it to my next order. Also I've found a couple fairly comprehensive products. Not sure which one I am going to try but I will definitely try at least one of these as I can't afford to get hungover like I did the other day.

Life Extension, Anti-Alcohol Antioxidants, 100 Capsules

Avoiding...hangover! LE002_sf

Comprehensive Hangover Prevention CHP™️

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 50 mg 83%
Thiamine (as Thiamine Propyl Disulfide) 10 mg 660%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 3 mg 174%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 3 mg 150%
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 250 mcg 1425%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
L-Glutamine 200 mg †
N-Acetyl-Cysteine 40 mg †
Phosphatidylcholine 50 mg †
Milk Thistle Extract (Silybum marianum) (seed)
(standardized to 80% silymarin) 40 mg †
Dextrose 200 mg †
Fumaric Acid 100 mg †
Succinic Acid 250 mg †

This one below looks pretty cool too. It is a patch that you wear for 24 hours (during and after drinking). It contains Lipoic Acid, Taurine, Magnesium, NAC, B1, B3, B5, Vitamin C, Lycopene, Prickly Pear, and Milk Thistle.

Zaca Organic Hangover Patch
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:01 am

aloe juice is very good. if you can get it fresh, it is almost like an instant miracle cure. obviously, copious amounts of water can turn around your day--not sips, chugging a lot and pissing (a couple litres). a sauna is like hitting the reset button.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:40 am

I should've tried the aloe juice... I had some sitting in my fridge Rolling Eyes . Thanks for the suggestion though I will give it a try next time.

I wish I had easy access to a sauna... that'd be great since I usually don't have the energy to get myself to sweat exercising.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOne Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 am

----- So to sum up..what can we do to minimize/avoid hangovers?

Since taking Omega 3 , 1 to 2 grams a day of any fish oil, Cod liver oil preferred, ( Now on Low A Cod liver oil ) . No more hangovers.

Only notice this by chance after starting Omega 3 as part of IH supp list.

It seems that Omega 3 acts as a buffer. I also have a few friends now taking it before going out for some DD -- Drink and debauchery.
TheOne
TheOne

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 am

hapyman wrote:I should've tried the aloe juice... I had some sitting in my fridge Rolling Eyes . Thanks for the suggestion though I will give it a try next time.

I wish I had easy access to a sauna... that'd be great since I usually don't have the energy to get myself to sweat exercising.

The difference between fresh juice and the stuff that comes pre-bottled, unfortunately, is substantial. I know this because i tried many times to replicate the effect I would get from getting a fresh juice with bottled. Still it should help.

When i used to party hard. Many of the parties would end at a famous Russian bathhouse to take in a sauna. There was one that John Belushi supposededly used to go to after heavy indulging. For better, I learned the game of detox/retox when I was into partying. Now i just mainly detox and retox from environmental pollution.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:27 am

Does anyone know if LH is bad for hair? Are there any supplements that lower LH?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:33 pm

j87x - LH is good. In fact testosterone is good for hair, the higher the better. High testosterone doesn't automatically equal more DHT, it's actually the opposite.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down