Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Does topical caffeine work?

+8
stan
ganny
Amaranthaceae
Gibson
nidhogge
CausticSymmetry
Misirlou
gl68
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does topical caffeine work?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:04 am

Sorry, perhaps I should have kept the information there.

Since using the Lithium/DMSO found the caffeine unnecessary.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:02 am

In march I had a mop of hair. Now today I just took a picture and my hair looks like it is on the fast track to a NW7 when I have a camera flash overhead. I have started using the Li/DMSO/Caffeine/Aubrey Organics shampoo religiously this past month and have noticed insane amounts of shedding.

I used to use the shampoo periodically before but I am going to stop using it now. Could the homebrew have caused damage permanently? My hair is about as wiry and brittle as it has ever been.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:38 am

It could be the caffeine.. when i tried that shit it fried my fucking scalp.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah I just threw the stuff away and am hoping that my hair returns back to normal. Over the next couple months.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:22 pm

To let you guys know what I mean... I went from this
https://2img.net/h/i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/ammystars/hairloss/IMG_1849.jpg

to this in 2-3 weeks!
https://2img.net/h/i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/ammystars/hairloss/19-07-08_1008.jpg

My hair is now very thin all over but still have coverage. I'm going to shave my head right now but this just sucks.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:47 pm

That frontal thinning is nasty

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:02 am

Follijinxed--

Keep in mind the laser helmet, and also, make only a Lithium/DMSO rinse sans the Caffeine. Also, watch the diet too...minimize the starches and sugars, and try to follow IH's regime as much as possible to make sure you're not deficient in anything!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:29 am

Yeah I think it was the caffeine. I put the max DMSO and caffeine. Hopefully my hair grows back. The hairs being shed look pretty thick.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  zues Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Can't believe there hasn't been more reactions to that post jinxed. That is straight up terrible and very scary to someone who's been contemplating starting the topical/wash. I'll be leaving the caffeine out for sure now... wonder if there is a way test the solution on another part of the body first. Is the skin irritated or did it just fry the hair?

zues

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:57 pm

If it is due to caffeine he must have used way too much! Too much fries the follicles, adequate encourages them to grow hair.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:14 pm

That seems logical about the caffeine, hopefully we'll figure it out.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:43 pm

zues wrote:Can't believe there hasn't been more reactions to that post jinxed. That is straight up terrible and very scary to someone who's been contemplating starting the topical/wash. I'll be leaving the caffeine out for sure now... wonder if there is a way test the solution on another part of the body first. Is the skin irritated or did it just fry the hair?

I don't think it fried it like a chemical burn. It just caused some mild irritation that was tough to notice and I think that caused the hairs to shed. They should grow back within a couple months. I'll be taking lots of MSM to help my hair grow faster. The first time I ever made the brew I used 0.5 tsp, this last time I used the 2 tsp max that IH recommended. The day after I threw the brew in the trash, fewer hairs were falling out. Today my scalp feels better and I just buzzed it down to a #3.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:40 am

I think a rough rule of thumb, could be that the quicker hair falls out, the more likely it is that it
will grow back. Since the shed is either caused by a "misconfiguration" that can be corrected (like too much
caffeine, mineral deficiencies or something else), or by a positive factor: that sheds to make way for new hair. It is
worse and maybe even more painful to have hair falling out slowly, becoming thin and slowly diminish into vellus. We
should focus to avoid that.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Does topical caffeine work? - Page 2 Empty 2.5 Year Upsda2

Post  follijinxed Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Figured I've give you guys an update 2.5 years later.

I lost the original pics from the photobucket account. But here is where the before pics were from: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=follijinxed|gallery19.cfm

I'd say I lost at least 50% density in 7 days time after using too much caffeine in that one batch of shampoo. My hair never fully recovered. I'd say half of what fell out came back. The hair shaft diameter has decreased over my entire head it seems.

After my last post I just shaved my head for a while. It is growing out again and it is definitely not up to par with what it was before. I certainly don't look bald, but I can't go a month without getting a haircut.

On a side note, I did remodel a house last year and was under an enormous amount of stress. I quit taking the vitamins mostly during that time. I'd say the stress aged my wife and me 5-10 years each.

On a positive note, recently we've been going back to the chiropractor, exercising, taking vitamins to increase HGH naturally, using natural face creams and eliminating stress mostly. It has helped immensely and I'd say it has almost completely reversed the visible aging effects.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  gavinol Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:15 pm

In general, caffeine is a part of most people’s daily lives.I can see where caffiene could stimulate growth, but does it also deter DHT? If so couldn't one make their own topical?

nose huggies

gavinol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2