Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
CS, Almonds Good or Bad? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS, Almonds Good or Bad?

+5
Balthier
sublime9
The Hulk
Amaranthaceae
fritzenburg
9 posters

Go down

CS, Almonds Good or Bad? Empty CS, Almonds Good or Bad?

Post  fritzenburg Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Should I be chowing down on these or avoiding them? And what of Almond Milk instead of dairy?

Sorry I'm confused.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0887/is_12_21/ai_96070890/

fritzenburg

Back to top Go down

CS, Almonds Good or Bad? Empty Re: CS, Almonds Good or Bad?

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:03 pm

For some reason almonds give me a white coated tongue so I avoid them.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  fritzenburg Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:36 pm

I just ate a whole lot....I feel heavy in the stomach and a bit bloated. I think for me they are out.

fritzenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Was this ever settled? Are raw almonds ok to eat?

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:03 pm

No raw nut is really okay to eat. They have enzyme inhibitors which can take your digestive system to task. You should soak your almonds prior to eating them for 24 hours. Direct purchasing from Cali is crucial. Almost all almonds in your local grocery store are irradiated and are for lack of a better term, dead.

You can eat hemp seed without soaking them and are a much healthier choice. Although not as much fun for snacking.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Oh boy... So no nuts are ok to have? I have been typically taking a small handful in the morning and a small handful in the afternoon and some with yoghurt for breakfast. I thought raw (non-roasted) almonds were good?

If Almonds are out, then what can I use to replace that? I have recently chopped cereals out of my diet (grains) with only some oatmeal and syrup a few times a week. No more museli/protein bars anymore either.

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm

even if they are labeled raw they haven't been since about 2007(steam pasteurization) unless you get them directly from the tree/grower or find the sicilian variety.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:23 am

You can get raw almonds. You just need to search them out. I find they are great and don't give me any problems, but I do soak them for at least 24 hours. Sometimes I also make raw almond/coconut yoghurt with them which I find my system does really well on.

That being said .... not soaked it bad. Any other nuts unless raw/soaked or sprouted are probably not so good, but if you're doing everything else right probably aren't the end of the world imo to eat once in a while.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:05 am

yes if they are not grown in california, or the US(might be a couple exceptions online from farm etc.) but from what I understand since 2007 all almonds are steam pasteurized even though they are labeled raw.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:23 am

I've seen some that aren't but definitely most are. I'd hesitate to say ALL that are labelled raw are pasteurized but definitely most of them are.

Pretty easy to tell by looking and touching if they're pasteurized or not once you've seen them. They're also called European almonds sometimes.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:44 am

I eat handfuls of raw almonds, brazil nuts, pecans and yes, even peanuts, on a daily basis. I love them, consider them essential to a healthy diet and will continue to eat them, even the peanuts. They work for me, but they may not work for you, and coupled with the fact that you can find conflicting info on the internet for any topic known to man, experimentation will most likely be required. Personally I find it hard to believe that any nut or legume would have a negative effect on ones health, but again, thats just me. Good luck.

calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

Almonds for me are bleh. Macadamia Nuts I feel much better on. I try to avoid nuts in general but will consume if I'm really hungry in a place that only sells processed foods etc.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm pretty sure the main problem with nuts was just them waiting too long before being ingested and then the oils become rancid?

For me nuts are fine as long as they're fresh and preferably raw. It's just "most" nuts will probably not have a helpful effect since they're likely old and mishandled.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Sometimes I also make raw almond/coconut yoghurt with them which I find my system does really well on.

post instructions

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 am

Sure thing.

Take a cup and a half to two cups of raw almonds (I don't actually measure usually) and soak them in filtered water for at least 24 hours. Then take 3 young coconuts, cut a small hole in the top. Be careful here it can be tricky at first. I use the but of a chef's knife and cut in at an angle a bunch of time to make a little circle at the top. Make sure to put the coconut water through a strainer in case there's any wood in it from the coconut. Then finish cutting the coconuts in half. I use a machete for this. Clean out all the meat making sure to rinse off all the wood that may be stuck to it (again using filtered water). Put some of the water (usually about half of it, but it varies a bit) all the almonds (rinse them off as well) and all the coconut meat in a good blender. Add a couple scoops of probiotics. I usually use the NCP vegetarian blend. You can google for it. It's a bit pricey but lasts a pretty long time. I'll also break open a capsule or two of different type sometimes just to switch it up. The only thing is I've found different strains cause the fermentation to happen at different rates so it's best to keep an eye on it.

Anyway.... blend it all up.
Then leave it on the counter with a cover, but not airtight, for 4 hours.
Then put it in the fridge overnight.
Voila.
This stuff's delicious and gives me lots of energy. Love it.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down