Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Stomach is slower EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Stomach is slower EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Stomach is slower EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Stomach is slower EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Stomach is slower EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Stomach is slower EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Stomach is slower EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Stomach is slower EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Stomach is slower EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Stomach is slower

5 posters

Go down

Stomach is slower Empty Stomach is slower

Post  Misirlou Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:06 pm

since I started with my protocol (R-ALA, biotin, ascorbic acid, NAC, D3, stevia) my stomach is a lot slower and the volumes placed in the toilet is just not as impressive. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but I kind of like my previous empty-all-and-then-some routine. Stomach feels a bit swollen. Also the urine smells different, but I guess that's normal when using lipoic acid.

What should I do? Can I add anything that will help increase the speed of the stomach or is this change positive and needed to regulate my fast metabolism?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Stomach is slower Empty Re: Stomach is slower

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Misirlou - Usually this reaction isn't associated with those supplements, except for stevia. What is the reason for taking stevia? I would assume you are using it as a sweetener for something.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:49 am

Misirlou wrote:since I started with my protocol (R-ALA, biotin, ascorbic acid, NAC, D3, stevia) my stomach is a lot slower and the volumes placed in the toilet is just not as impressive. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but I kind of like my previous empty-all-and-then-some routine. Stomach feels a bit swollen. Also the urine smells different, but I guess that's normal when using lipoic acid.

What should I do? Can I add anything that will help increase the speed of the stomach or is this change positive and needed to regulate my fast metabolism?

It happens. I have experienced that many supplements can lower stomach acidity in varying degrees. Buffered vitamin C is a good what to let the food rot in your stomach. R-ALA, biotin, etc, by themselves or by the additives they contain, will have the same effect.

It may be more beneficial to the whole body to use supplemental HCL and drop other things... that single action may have profound effects.

Actually lack of HCL has devastating effects, worsening and creating many conditions.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 am

HCL?

Yes CS, it's for sweetening of my ascorbic acid cocktail Smile

Can Vit-C really be taken once a day (morning) and survive during the entire day, as some products claims to do?

Another issue, the breath from my mouth has most recently been reported as "stinky" according to girlfriend..can this be connected to my new supplement routine? Suspect

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:09 am

Misirlou wrote:Another issue, the breath from my mouth has most recently been reported as "stinky" according to girlfriend..can this be connected to my new supplement routine? Suspect

YES:!:

That's a typical symptom. Like I said, food rotting in you stomach/intestines will give you bad breath. This can eventually lead to dysbiosis and many other problems.

BTW HCL = Hydrochloric acid (stomach acid). A source of HCL is Betaine Hidrochloride (Betaine HCL).

Take Betaine HCL+Pepsin combo with each food (I would say 600 mg of betaine hcl or more with food). Add digestive enzymes if you want, but the HCL is critical.

Alkalizing stuff like magnesium oxide (and many other things) should never be taken unless you supplement with HCL or you have strong digestion in your stomach.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  mambo Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 pm

If one starts taking the Betaine HCL+ Pepsin combo, is it more likely that weight will be lost or gained?

mambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks LittleFighter, I will look into it.

More stomach acid = Higher risk of developing ulcers?

Now I eat first and take pills after, I was thinking of doing the reversed thing so that all the food comes down a bit later "covering" the pill smell...not sure if it will help though Wink

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:47 am

Misirlou wrote:Thanks LittleFighter, I will look into it.

More stomach acid = Higher risk of developing ulcers?

Now I eat first and take pills after, I was thinking of doing the reversed thing so that all the food comes down a bit later "covering" the pill smell...not sure if it will help though Wink

No, actually it lowers the risk. The acid helps to inhibit H. pylori (bacteria responsible for stomach ulcers). Also, lack of acid can cause reflux, ulcerating the esophagus.

So, you need enough acid to properly digest food and absorb nutrients, prevent ulcers and inhibit pathogenic bacteria.
Inhibiting acid is definitely a prescription to disease.

The only contraindication is that if you have existing ulcers, you will have to start slowly and use supplements like L-Glutamine (3 gm per day or more) and Pepzin GI (special zinc-carnosine compound).

I think it is a good idea to swallow all the capsules at the beginning of the meal, that will make sure they go down. It has happened to me that sometimes a few of them get trapped in the esophagus. BTW, the supplements themselves aren't smelly, the problem is the rotting food, you need more acid.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:58 am

mambo wrote:If one starts taking the Betaine HCL+ Pepsin combo, is it more likely that weight will be lost or gained?

mambo:

I think it has a balancing effect, if you're undeweight it will help you gain weight and if you are overweight it may help you to lose it. This is because you will have improved absorption of nutrients that help to manage insulin levels.

Remember that obesity is actually caused by refined sugars, grains and foods that raise insulin, NOT by increased intake of nutrients like vitamins, minerals, etc.

If you wanna lose weight, the most common thing, manage your insulin levels with diet and supplementation.

Some key supplements to manage insulin levels and resistance: Chromium, Magnesium, Vanadium.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:38 am

if you did not have any acid issues before, whatever you changed is causing it - try eliminating each supplement for 1 to 2 weeks and see if you revert back to your original state (bowel movements, no bloating, etc). Keeping on the current supps and adding one more (acid) may not be the best option - knowing that you did not have this issue before.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:53 pm

This issue was definitely there before, at least not in this amount. I think both LittleFighters and Lunds theories sounds logic drunken

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Since I went on Kefir + Walnut (after each meal) I now have one to many BMs LOL. I would think it is walnuts doing th emost of it - I munch on a handful after each meal consistently, try it - it is cheap and it is full of nutrition and yummy, may help your case as well. Previously I was once a day, may be twice in 3 days guy, now I am 2-3 times a day...

Also another alternative would be Chia seeds - excellent choice for protein, omega3 and soluble fibre.....worth every penny. I had tried it and it worked very well - I have just been out of it for some time and need to reorder some more....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Just to clarify I do not drink Kefir after each meal. Nowadays I am only 3 times a week on Kefir -I think I have established the friendly flora in the last 5 months and now need to be on a maintenance dose...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down