Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Gas and stomach EmptyToday at 7:03 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Gas and stomach EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Gas and stomach EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Gas and stomach EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Gas and stomach EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Gas and stomach EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Gas and stomach EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Gas and stomach EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Gas and stomach EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gas and stomach

+3
sublime9
Amaranthaceae
Misirlou
7 posters

Go down

Gas and stomach Empty Gas and stomach

Post  Misirlou Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 pm

We've all experienced it Twisted Evil
Sometimes loud bom
Sometimes discreet scratch
Sometimes wonderful Razz
Sometimes embarrassing No

In another topic which the search engine on this board don't want me to find, gas was discussed. I would like to know some more about this, why it exist and how to minimize it. I suspect that my stomach contains a lot of gas since I practically need a wheelbarrow for it.

If you guys/girls knows any other ways to slim the stomach, please step forward. I'm familiar with "exercise" pig

Now what has this have to do with hair loss? The better we feel the better the hair feels as well. Perhaps not enough but I think one positive thing leads to another.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Gas and stomach Empty Re: Gas and stomach

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:45 pm

You need a wheelbarrow for your stomach?

That sounds extremely big. Maybe surgery is an option that limits hunger making losing
weight more practical.

Misirlou wrote:We've all experienced it Twisted Evil

In another topic which the search engine on this board don't want me to find, gas was discussed. I would like to know some more about this, why it exist and how to minimize it. I suspect that my stomach contains a lot of gas since I practically need a wheelbarrow for it.

If you guys/girls knows any other ways to slim the stomach, please step forward. I'm familiar with "exercise" pig

Now what has this have to do with hair loss? The better we feel the better the hair feels as well. Perhaps not enough but I think one positive thing leads to another.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Heh, that was a bit of a joke cpio, sorry! What a Face

Let me put it this way: Compared to the rest of my rather thin body the stomach is the most "outstanding" part Sad

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:43 am

In almost all cases "gas" can be eliminated by proper food combining. Taking enzymes and pro-biotics help in the cases where the food combining is not done properly. The only rule I have to remember is always eat fruit first. If you eat fruit with or after heavy starches or in my case nuts and heavy oils it slows down the digestion process as fruit digests much faster than other foods. So what you end up with is fruit moving slowly through a "pipe" at above 90 degrees, which causes it to ferment. Fruit with bread is killer, although peoples food combining triggers will differ from time to time.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:10 am

Sublime--

Killer in a good way or bad way? I always was under the impression that complex and simple carbs go well together.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:43 am

So if one has gas, it's a bad thing and some kind of sign? What other signs do you guys know of?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:21 am

Another cause of gas is high fructose corn syrup and having low stomach acid. If refined starches, grains and sugars are eaten, they can cause fermenting waste acids--the kind of fermentation that isn't good. The by products leads to gas.

Like Sublime suggested a probiotic would help or if you're low on stomach acid, a betaine HCL supplement.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:34 am

NAC = smelly gas too. Sulfur... Sad

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:40 am

I would say smelly is eating a hummous plate followed by fruit and then finish the night off at the local pub.

I have found that wine does not cause the same nastiness that beer does the next morning.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  EIC Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:34 am

In my experience, this is often a sign of either or both of two things: (1) Dysbiosis and/or (2) low stomach acid.

Dybiosis occurs when you have imbalanced gut flora. This impairs digestion of most carbohydrates. We cannot absorb carbs unless they are monosaccharides (have on sugar molecule). Other carbs--disaccharides (two sugar molecules) and polysaccharides (many sugar molecules)--have to be broken down with enzymes into monosaccharides. This is why you only hear of enzymes for di- or polysaccharides. Glucose and fructose are both monosaccharides. You don't hear of "glucase" or "fructase" because they don't exist. But you do hear of "lactase" the enzyme which digests lactose, the disaccharide in milk. You hear of "amylase" or "maltase" which are enzymes to breakdown the polysaccharides in starch.

Dysbiosis comprises the health of the small intestine which is where enzymatic activity and digestion takes place. Thus, you lose a lot of your enzymatic function. This results in undigested or partially digested carbohydrates. Yeast and bacteria happily feed on those undigested carbs. In doing so, they release by products including gas. This causes bloating in your gut.

A similar thing occurs with low stomach acid levels, though here the problem is primarily with protein. Low stomach acid makes it virtually impossible to fully breakdown protein foods which also tend to rot and ferment in the gut, thus producing more gas. The gut is like a balloon; when you fill it with "air" it will expand. The result is an ugly waistline that makes it look like you're fat, when you really are not.

Not also that high stomach acid is a chemical signal that tells your pancreas to release it's enzymes. Thus, having low stomach acid levels can also lower enzymatic function, thus leading to poor carbohydrate digestion as discussed above. Finally, it is fairly well established that the undesirable microbes in the gut release substances which tend to neutralize stomach acid. As you can see, the cycle tends to perpetuate itself.

How to correct it? It will probably require abstinence from disaccharides and polysaccharides for a time necessary to reestablish the beneficial microbes in the gut. This will starve the undesirable microbes and prevent further intestinal damage. At the same time, supplementing with HCL will further cut down on undigested food stuff. All of this is discussed in detail in Elaine Gottschall's book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle.

Like IH, I believe that the very first thing you must do for your hair and health is to "clean up" your gut by getting good bacteria in, and getting the undesirable yeast and bacteria "out," so to speak. (Indeed, lignans will have little to no effect unless you do so.)

EIC

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 am

Great post EIC.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:46 am

EIC - Great explanation.

I've search high and low for years for a fructase supplement and they simply do not exist.

Being on a probiotic really seems to cut down a lot of potential gas.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  EIC Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:04 am

Thanks, fellas. Though I can't take credit; got it all from the books. I should mention two errors in my above post: First, I meant "compromises the health" rather than "comprises the health." Second, "Note also that" rather than "Not also that."

The diet to correct this is called the "SCD" for "Specific Carbohydrate Diet." http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/

It is comprised of nearly all veggies (except for turnips and parsnips), fruits, meat/fish/fowl, fats (specifically EVOO, coconut oil, palm oil, butter, and tallow), nuts and seeds, and limited dairy. The diary should be just hard cheeses (preferably raw and grass fed) as well as yogurt that has been fermented for 24 hours to remove all the lactose. I saw numbers that, when prepared in that fashion, one cup of yogurt has 700 billion (yes, with a "b") CFUs of probiotics. She recommends up to 3 cups a day, which is 2.1 trillion (with a "t") CFUs! Holy hell, Batman; good luck if you are candida when that army comes down the gullet! (Not to mention that those 2.1 trillion are coming in with a hefty dose of lactic acid, which is hell to candida.)

Recommended supplements include cod liver oil, iodine, and HCL.

EIC

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:12 am

EIC, what do you think about fiber? Are you among the few that think it is overrated?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down