Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
some new hair loss sites - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

some new hair loss sites

+8
skinnypete
rossman
DM5
hapyman
Samson&Delilah
CausticSymmetry
jksl
danny1
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

some new hair loss sites - Page 2 Empty Re: some new hair loss sites

Post  Paradox Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Danny1- Sam-e over St. Johns Wart hands down IMO. Sam-e vs. SJW: http://www.healingdaily.com/conditions/sam-e-versus-st-john-wort.htm

Sam-e is relatively expensive, but you can produce the same effects by using TMG (Trimethylglycine): http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-TMG-500-500-mg-120-Easy-Solv-Tablets/141?at=1

This is the first review on iherb:
From Virginia
TMG is a godsend. When I went off antidepressants rather suddenly and was fishing around for something to stop panic attacks and intense bad moods, TMG was the first consistent improvement. Four years later, it is still an indispensable part of my regimen. Perhaps its most important effect is recycling homocysteine into SAMe, which has antidepressant effects. Unchecked homocysteine sensitizes neurons to glutamate toxicity, and probably harms new neurons trying to grow in the hippocampus. Other B-vitamins have also helped me, especially B-2 and B-6 (pyridoxamine), along with fish oil and a non-choline source of uridine (for example magnesium orotate, or triacetyluridine). Some of these will help migraines and focus along with mood. I take 500 to 1000 mg TMG a day; much more may raise cholesterol. Don't mix with acetyl-l-carnitine (and in fact, if you're depressive, I'd advise against acetyl-l-carnitine altogether, thanks to its acetylcholinergic activity). TMG raises carnitine levels itself, and has a mild choline sparing effect. SAMe, by the way, is similar but not so safe; the surge in SAMe levels will create a surge in homocysteine. I tried combining the two, hoping TMG would recycle the homocysteine back SAMe, but I've found TMG on its own most stabilizing and effective.

I am currently trying to come off Konopin, and a MAOI. I ordered Sam-e and TMG about a week ago, along with some brewer's yeast to provide more of the necessary b-vitamins required for both. It's hard to tell what is doing what because I am coming off medication at the same time, but I honestly feel a difference. I got the TMG initially just to boost the effect of Sam-e and protect against too much homocysteine, but I am curious if I could save a lot of money and go without the Sam-e. I have to be careful right now about too much neurotransmitter production with the MAOI.

For anxiety...I would definitely use niacinamide, and ashwagandha. Maybe some L-theanine as well.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:18 pm

what else do you guys recommend for anxiety? I am going to try a product with

L-Theanine 200 mg*
5-Hydroxytryptophan (from Griffonia simplicifolia seeds) 50 mg*
Magnolia bark extract (50% biphenols as honokiol) 30 mg*
Proprietary blend:
Panax ginseng root extract (5% ginsenosides), Cordyceps extract,
Wild jujube seed extract, Ashwagandha root extract, Rhodiola
root extract.

what do you make of it?

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 am

Looks like a pretty decent product. I have been trying L-Theanine (Suntheanine) for awhile now. If taken before the onset of a stressful situation it seems to help more. Some people report better sleep when taken right before bed. I briefly tried 5-HTP and didn't notice much, perhaps it wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean it can't help others.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks happyman,

do you or anyone else have any advice on how to treat anxiety? thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:22 am

For me it has been a mix of heavy metal detox, balancing minerals & diet, and using different mental techniques to control my life.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:03 am

Danny1.... I was also going thru depression (in my mind i thought it was). At least it was very bad stress.

Anyway it'll sound crazy but i beleive facial expressions can eliminate it. I made a thread about it here...

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/how-to-eliminate-stress-works-for-me-t1723.htm

Its basically just eliminating your frown as i would subconciously frown all day. Now im training myself to keep and alert expression on mybface (nothing over the top). But ive noticed that if i do this, i cant concentrate on my problems as much and the go away. I KNOW IT SOUNDS STUPID..... but give it a try. I dont know why exact;y but it works for me.

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  thelibrarian Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:35 am

Cuebreeze's advice may sound odd but its true! It works! I am a psychologist in private practice and I often train people to be aware of and change their chronic facial expressions.
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:11 am

Thelibrarian.... I found that just from observation but since i changed my expression i havent had my scalp itch either.

The thing is that i never thought i had a frowning problem. I new i frowned but never stopped and realised how much!

And when i say u should keep an 'alert' face i actually mean just a normal expression.

I know if i dont sleep well the night before... the following day my face is frowning a little for the whole day.

Anyway thanks for your reply

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

hapyman,

what do you mean by heavy metal detox? Does mag oil do this?

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:01 am

1..... wrote:hapyman,

what do you mean by heavy metal detox? Does mag oil do this?

It has been reported that there is a link between depression and metal toxicity. For example, if you have mercury fillings or have been exposed to mercury through other means (food, vaccines etc.) it can be deposited in the fatty tissue of your brain and cause abnormalities in neurotransmitters etc. I'm currently on an off period but I have been doing rotations with humifulvate, which is one of the few chelators that passes the blood brain barrier. Humifulvate will help you gently remove and heavy metals that you may have in your system.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2