Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Seeking Syndrom X Advice EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Seeking Syndrom X Advice

2 posters

Go down

Seeking Syndrom X Advice Empty Seeking Syndrom X Advice

Post  HairSeeker Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 am

Members: I would like to thank you in advance for your input and advice.

I am writing today to get some feedback regarding Syndrome-X, mainly if any of you have been working on recovering from it and what you have used successfully. I seem to be at the beginning stages of the disorder based on my blood pressure and glucose numbers, but I do have most of the symptoms.

Stats: Male, 46, 190lbs, 6'.0"

My symptoms: Hair loss (thinning), increased graying, elevated waking glucose levels (95 - 110), elevated blood pressure (134/94 avg.), waking puffy eyes, hissing/ringing in ears, lower back discomfort, fatigue, depression, mood swings (high/low), difficulty losing mid-section fat, low sex drive, muscle loss, slow muscle gain, elevated triglycerides, heart palpitations (intermittent), skin tags, memory problems. Yes, I know what you are going to say. You're getting old.

Diet: No sugar, fast or fried food, complex carbs (buckwheat, millet, barley, brown rice), chicken, fish, almond milk, almond butter, cage free organic eggs, decaf coffee with whole milk (one per day), veggies, apples, pears, plums, cherries, but no sweet fruit such as mango or watermelon. No alcohol at all for five weeks now! Basically my diet is almost perfect, except for the occasional sandwich or fajita bowl (no rice).

Regimen:
Top 6 for four months (stopped two months ago. Ran out and did not re-order because I did not see measurable results).
Propecia (8 years 1mg daily and 1 year 1.25mg every other day) Also took a four month break. Yes, I lost hair when I stopped, that's why I started again. Affective in slowing loss.
Spironolactone (every evening). Affective in slowing loss
Laser Helmet (20 min every Mon, Web, Fri) for four months. May have resulted in increased loss? The verdict is still out. My hair has thinned in the area of treatment since starting.
Accell Formula drink with almond milk and almond butter (http://www.drjacktips.com/downloads/accell.pdf)
Polygonum14 (http://eastearthtrade.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=667)
Equilibrium (I cannot find the ingredients on the web) this was prescribed by my Accupuncturist.
Systemic Formulas M+X (http://www.systemicformulas.com/71-mx-male-extra)
Myomin (http://www.energeticnutrition.com/vitalzym/myomin.html)
Liqui-Kelp daily.
Acupuncture
3 mile daily hike
Some resistance training.

My condition is always aggravated by alcohol consumption. This is why I stopped completely five weeks ago. Prior to stopping I would drink occasionally (every couple of weeks), but I would usually drink 4-5 of wine. I have been a social drinker for the past 26 years, drinking on the weekends, usually more then I should.

I suspect my liver, kidney, pancreas and entire endocrine system(s) are out of balance and need a very long vacation. All of these systems are responsible for proper health and hair growth.

Any advice or comments are very welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you,

HairSeeker

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Seeking Syndrom X Advice Empty Re: Seeking Syndrom X Advice

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 pm

HairSeeker - Have you checked into nutritional and/or metabolic typing? In most cases, Syndrome X do best with high protein & fat with no grains whatsoever. Here's some additional data to check into on Syndrome X, but it already sounds like you have it.

lipid panel, magnesium, uric acid, liver function tests, Glucose tolerance test with insulin levels,
Fasting insulin (>15 may be suspect) or 15 minutes after eating, Glycohemoglobin (HbA1C)
DHEA-sulfate, Testosterone, Chromium, hair or 24-hour urine, Ferritin (elevation may suggest insulin resistance)
and Red blood cell fatty acids.

Not related to hair, but will not hurt are these supplements for syndrome X:

Pterocarpus marsupium 450 mg, vanadyl sulfate 100 mg, gymnema sylvestre 400 mg, chromium 200 mcg, banaba leaf 48 mg, holy basil 200 mg, green tea phytosome 100 mg, cinnulin PF, Krill Oil, Stabilized R-Lipoic acid with each meal, Magnesium 200-1,000 mg, and iodine supplementation.

The myomin you're taking is a good idea, it is a good aromatase inhibiting Chinese formula.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks CL!! Glad to hear from you. It's been a while since I posted on the forum, but I visit regularly. Man, getting older really sucks! I've read that you are now in your early forties, so maybe you know what I am talking about, but maybe not, if you're lifestyle was not as carefree as mine. There is always a price to pay for too much fun.

I get the pattern hair loss, but what puzzles me is that I have lost hair everywhere. All the hair on my entire scalp has changed. Sure, its grayer now, but I didn't expect to see any changes on the sides of my scalp, right above the ears and the very back at the neckline. Have you noticed similar changes? I was under the impression that male pattern loss never affects these areas. Another strange thing is that the left side of my scalp has been more affected then the right. All of these changes occurred in just two years.

Thank you for the list of tests. I will try to find a good endo covered by my insurance. At least I have a PPO, so I can see whomever I wish.

I have tried gymnema sylvestre 400 mg, chromium, and Stabilized R-Lipoic acid for a month, but did not see measurable results. By measurable, I mean checking waking glucose levels with a home tester. I'll give it another try for a longer period to see what happens. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks again and have a great week!

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down