Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How to obtain a nice tan from inside EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How to obtain a nice tan from inside

+3
nidhogge
Luxuriate
Misirlou
7 posters

Go down

How to obtain a nice tan from inside Empty How to obtain a nice tan from inside

Post  Misirlou Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 am

Perhaps you've heard 'bout melanotan? Stimulates the skin similar to the sun. Research is being performed but as we all know, it takes time. In my case, I don't have this time and I don't think the substance is safe enough to use now, even though it's available from several pharmacies.

Do you people got any good (effective) ideas how to get a browner color of your skin except from the sun, sunbeds, sunshowers, lotions, wipes etc?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

How to obtain a nice tan from inside Empty Re: How to obtain a nice tan from inside

Post  Misirlou Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:45 pm

Good people of this board, please give me your inputs, or else! pirat

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

How to obtain a nice tan from inside Empty Re: How to obtain a nice tan from inside

Post  Luxuriate Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:07 pm

No way!

The only thing I know that makes me tanned from the inside out is carrots. Though I'm of Celtic origin (basically with skin of a sort of pale blue colour that turns a creamy white in the summer). If I have a lot of carrots, and go to the desert, I turn lobster red, and when recovered I go creamy, then winter comes along and I turn bluey again. Carrots in the winter still, and I'm still pale bluey.

Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:45 am

Melanotan it is Smile

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:04 am

I wouldn't mess with this stuff. Read plenty negatives about it in the past. Forskolin may be promising, however.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:49 pm

do you guys think that it's ok to get a tan outside as long as you use supplements like glisoden, vitamin c and maybe an after sun lotion or copper peptides to repair the skin?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:06 am

Yes--

I do man. In fact, well don't really do this now that it's colder out now with fall and all that, I was runnig shirtless for 45 minutes or so on Saturdays and Sundays around noon the entire summer. Got a great tan, no burning, no peeling, etc. Very healthy-looking and made me feel great and full of energy. Our bodies love the sun.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:42 am

I want safe melanotan injections now Sad

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 am

I personally cover my body in iodine everyday. I have to do it twice because it starts to fade half way through the day. Not only is it a complete part of a nutritious way to start your day, I have lost 150lbs in 3 weeks! It really gives me that extra boost I need to get through the day too Smile I'm completely kidding of course! I would never condone using more than one bottle of lugol's every other day Wink

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:31 am

lmao, funny man. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

How to obtain a nice tan from inside Empty Melanotan II caused me too much hyperpigmentation

Post  gregslater Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:16 pm

I am a Fitzpatrick skin type 2 and used Melanotan II last year. Even on very low dose, I developed too many darker moles and new hyper-pigmentation marks. Wasn't too bad until I got a few on the face. Luckily most were like small pin heads and light. They are not noticeable now.

Even though it was just subq, this was my first experience with self-injection of anything, and I was a tad nervous about it. Nothing to it of course.

I lost weight quicker and my beard got a tad darker, but I don't recommend it because of the hyper-pigmentation... and of course the fact that it is still a research peptide. tongue

Now I have instead decided to embrace my not-so-dark skin color.

While I do think some sun in the off hours is beneficial, I protect my face and hands from all UV as much s possible.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:32 pm

gregslater, interesting.

Why did you choose Melanotan II and not I ?

Do you think the drug development company will be able to release a better version without the pigmentation sides?

I guess you've com to the smartest conclusion, acceptance of the situation.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

How to obtain a nice tan from inside Empty Availability at the time

Post  gregslater Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:49 am

I used MII then because I could source it at the time. And it takes less MII to achieve the same darkening effect.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:06 pm

What kind of sunscreen do you guys use?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:36 pm

j87x - I don't know about anybody else, but I use this as my UV protection.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=-6101133021295368123&at=0

The reason is that most sun screens are worse than no sun screen.

I've heard good things about this stuff (below) but have never tried it.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=-5255209488550502835&at=0
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 am

For external sunscreen, what are the best active ingredients?

This one has a lot of stuff in it, is that the kind that is worse than no sunscreen?
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=-5507713553441432506

This only has titanium dioxide and Padimate O
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=7541

titanium + zinc oxide
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4287&at=0

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:46 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:j87x - I don't know about anybody else, but I use this as my UV protection.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=-6101133021295368123&at=0

LEF's Fernblock is a fairly new addition to their line up. PLE has been sold by Heliocare for many many years and it is the one that I have been using lately. Both are 240mg PLE per cap. When I last looked, the cheapest I could find LEF's FernBlock was around $26/bottle for four bottles of 30, so $104/120 caps. HelioCare can be bought for $34/bottle, so four bottles of 60 would be $136/240 caps. If shipping is comparable, that means HelioCare is still 30 cents/cap cheaper.
I also occasionally put drops of Calaguala Extract (recommended by someone on another board) in my tea, but this is not standardized so I would stick with LEF or HelioCare if only picking one.

I prefer a hat, aviator sunglasses, and staying out of the sun during peak hours... but I do occasionally use Anthelios XL 50+ when I am out for a long time.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down