Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes

4 posters

Go down

Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes Empty Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes

Post  mature_hairline_coper Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:38 pm

Just wanted to make this post as another data point regarding the 'Peatarian' style of eating.

I started looking into Ray's stuff towards the end of 2021 / start of 2022, and followed his diet recommendations for just over a year. I was eating 200 - 300g of carbs per day. I did this until I started getting tired after meals around March of this year. After exploring a few other possible causes for this and ignoring the obvious reason (overconsumption of carbs) due to being locked into the Ray Peat ideology somewhat, I got a glucometer a couple weeks ago and started measuring my blood glucose.

My fasting blood glucose has been in the 100 - 110 mg/dl range, and I've been getting peaks of 165 mg/dl after small carbohydrate meals (a couple small white potatoes for instance). So, I'm squarely in prediabetic territory.

I also had awful dandruff and scalp itching (something I've never experienced before) when I was on the high carb diet due to the high blood sugar presumably. I also had a major shed (something else I've never experienced- probably due to the inflammation from the Malassezia)

That being said, I started Ecklonia Cava this week which has had a tremendous nootropic effects for me. This suggests to me that my brain blood flow has definitely been sub-optimal, which would imply that scalp blood flow is also sub-optimal and perhaps the reason for my recessed temples. And this has given me even more reason to get my glucose readings down into the healthy range to prevent any more vascular damage.

I'm already very low carb (20-30g), but have been having small amounts of white potatoes at the end of each day. I may cut those out after finding out last night how poorly I handle refined carbs.

I know there's a lot out of info out there on reversing prediabetes, but if anybody has any advice it would be appreciated.
mature_hairline_coper
mature_hairline_coper

Back to top Go down

Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes Empty Re: Ray Peat Diet and Prediabetes

Post  Atlas Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:24 pm

Check this out:
https://youtu.be/v_pEDhDhcuI
Atlas
Atlas

CausticSymmetry and mature_hairline_coper like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mature_hairline_coper Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:51 pm

Atlas wrote:Check this out:

Perfect, thank you
mature_hairline_coper
mature_hairline_coper

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:51 am

Berberine supplements might be useful for prediabetes. It's supposed to be nature's ozempic. But it might come with similar sides as well such as slower digestion rate which can be uncomfortable.

"Moreover, berberine can also stimulate free fatty acid to induce secretion of insulin (15). Berberine improves physiological stimulation of glucose via cascade reaction of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), thus inducing secretion of insulin in the body, reducing insulin resistance, and improving sensitivity of liver, muscle tissues and fat to insulin (16)"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6434235/#:~:text=Berberine%20improves%20physiological%20stimulation%20of,fat%20to%20insulin%20(16).

shaftless

mature_hairline_coper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mature_hairline_coper Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:16 am

shaftless wrote:Berberine supplements might be useful for prediabetes. It's supposed to be nature's ozempic. But it might come with similar sides as well such as slower digestion rate which can be uncomfortable.

"Moreover, berberine can also stimulate free fatty acid to induce secretion of insulin (15). Berberine improves physiological stimulation of glucose via cascade reaction of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), thus inducing secretion of insulin in the body, reducing insulin resistance, and improving sensitivity of liver, muscle tissues and fat to insulin (16)"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6434235/#:~:text=Berberine%20improves%20physiological%20stimulation%20of,fat%20to%20insulin%20(16).

will give this a go, thanks.
mature_hairline_coper
mature_hairline_coper

Back to top Go down

Post  mature_hairline_coper Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:17 am

Atlas wrote:Check this out:

Have you seen someone reverse type 2 diabetes by going low fat, high carb, rather than the usual, high fat, zero / low carb?

I believe Mercola is now doing low fat, high carb after his chat with Georgi Dinkov. He's apparently eating 400 - 500g carbs per day, and a done a 180 on what he used to recommend in books like 'Fat for Fuel'
mature_hairline_coper
mature_hairline_coper

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:31 am

I think short term people could benefit from a high carb low fat diet because due to the randle cycle. Longterm I don't think it is and adquate diet and will lead to problems. It also doesn't make sense regarding aspects of evolution etc..

Reducing inflammation in general will also help (toxins like heavy metals, PUFAs, sleep issues, gut issues, iron dysregulation issues etc. will make the problems worse).

I like Georgi Dinkov because of his autodidacticism and sometimes he has interesting ideas regarding metabolism etc.. Does he look healthy? No! Does it make sense to drink coke the whole day? No!

You can also check out Ben Bikman on YT regarding glucose metabolism, insuline, ketones etc..

Atlas
Atlas

CausticSymmetry and mature_hairline_coper like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  golder Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:01 am

Atlas wrote:

I like Georgi Dinkov because of his autodidacticism and sometimes he has interesting ideas regarding metabolism etc.. Does he look healthy? No! Does it make sense to drink coke the whole day? No!

I can’t wait for the day when we’re judging people’s health on the quality of their ideas, finesse of communication, memory retention, analytical prowess and empathy. To me this speaks louder than the fact they’re bald and have aged fast from decades of poor nutritional advice that they have fought to escape.

golder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down