Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity

3 posters

Go down

The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity Empty The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:18 pm

This article is good but so are the comments underneath. I think this information might be useful to some here.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/07/23/Why-is-Wheat-Gluten-Disorder-on-the-Rise.aspx
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity Empty Re: The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity

Post  LittleFighter Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:11 pm

I strongly recommend those battling practically any kind of disease to read the following article:

Food Intolerance- Man and Animal versus Gluten, Casein, Soy and Corn (or How We Won the Battle of "Helm's Deep)

http://www.dogtorj.net/id23.html

Talks about Celiac, lectins, casein, soy, corn, allergy, inflammation and more.

Eye-opening, revealing.

Good Luck.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity Empty Re: The question of wheat/gluten sensitivity

Post  hapyman Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 am

Funny that he mentions rice. Isn't brown rice a good healthy alternative? I noticed a lot of brown rice products are advertised as being "gluten free".

Just searching around I found this answer:

In the past year there has been a great deal of debate as to whether rice is gluten free or not. The concern with rice is not with the rice
itself, but the coatings that are applied to enriched rice to add vitamins to the grain itself. Rice itself is gluten free, but enriched rice is
rice that has been sprayed with a vitamin coating and some fear that the coating could contain a gluten based grain. I have been
researching rice and have yet to come across a brand that contains any gluten in the coatings. I have had a difficult time in getting
any particular manufacturer to tell me exactly what is in their enriched rice coating that causes it to stick to the grain. S & W brand did
let me know that the medium they use is cornstarch based, so their product is gluten free; however, this does not tell me that all
manufacturers use this same process across the board.

Since cornstarch can and is generally used as a medium, I can not rule out that wheat starch could not ever be used as a medium for
enriching rice as well. I firmly believe you should verify that any rice you purchase that says enriched on the package is indeed gluten
free before consuming it, because there could be the small chance that it could contain gluten and that is not worth the risk. I advocate
this type of vigilance over any processed foods, because you need to always be a food label detective. When I take things for granted
that is when I seem toget "glutened" and we all know that is not fun. Also be very careful when purchasing flavored rice mixes, many
of these are not gluten free. Always read the label and check with the manufacturer to verify that the product you select is indeed gluten free.

Here are some gluten free enriched rice sources that I have confirmed to be gluten free. We are currently verifying the gluten free status of
other rice manufacturers and will post them as soon as we have the results.

Manufacturer: G.F. Products: Contact Info:
Uncle Bens UNCLE BEN'S®️ ORIGINAL CONVERTED®️ Brand Rice
UNCLE BEN'S®️ Instant Rice
UNCLE BEN'S®️ Original Brown Rice
UNCLE BEN'S®️ Instant Brown Rice
UNCLE BEN'S®️ Boil-in-Bag Rice
UNCLE BEN'S®️ Long Grain & Wild Rice (discard seasoning packet)
UNCLE BEN'S®️ Specialty Rices (Arborio, Basmati, Jasmine)
www.unclebens.com
Minute Rice Minute Rice is owned by Kraft Foods and they no longer release a gluten free list. Kraft now includes all ingredients on their products so if there is even a minute trace of gluten, they claim that they always list it on the label in a clear manner.www.kraftfoods.com/minuterice
Mahatma Rice Long grain rice, Brown Rice, Instant White Rice, Jasmine, Valencia (Short Grain), Spanish Rice Mix, Broccoli Rice and Cheese Mix, Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix, Nacho Cheese Rice Mix, Saffron Yellow Rice Mix www.mahatmarice.com
S & W Rice Enriched White Extra Long Grain Rice, Brown Rice Long Grain Rice, Indian Basmati, Thai Jasmine, Long Grain and Wild, Italian Arborio. http://www.s-and-wrice.com
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:10 pm

hapyman, good info.

It is interesting the fact that some doctors and experts are talking about this CELIAC thing being more widespread than was thought. Now the ratio is 1 in about 30 people.

They also mention that people are showing subclinical symptoms of wheat/gluten (and the other offenders) intolerance. These are not the usual and very evident symptoms of a true celiac sufferer, who sometimes can be extremly sensitive and get strong reactions.
Just think how this can negatively affect your health on the short and long term by having this constant low-grade damage and inflammation. In my case, this destruction ended in LGS, dysbiosis and related problems. I'm making good progress, though.

So I think it is smart to mostly follow a paleo diet or at least avoid the "BIG FOUR", as DogtorJ calls them. I'm definitely making an effort to avoid them. I believe this is critical with people with LGS, Candida, Chron's, auto-immune diseases, etc.

Here's more good info specifically on lectins:

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down