Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Question about manuals and hydrocortisone EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question about manuals and hydrocortisone

2 posters

Go down

Question about manuals and hydrocortisone Empty Question about manuals and hydrocortisone

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 pm

So I currently do manuals consisting of brush massage where I apply pressure and rotate the skin in a circular motion on the scalp. I also apply hydrocortisone 1% a couple times a week. Hydrocortisone is good for general mpb inflammation.

My question:, is this manual form of scalp massage considered wounding? Because my concern is the hydrocortisone would impair healing if it was.

What do you guys think?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Question about manuals and hydrocortisone Empty Re: Question about manuals and hydrocortisone

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri May 25, 2018 6:10 am

Bump

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Question about manuals and hydrocortisone Empty Re: Question about manuals and hydrocortisone

Post  stargate Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:09 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:So I currently do manuals consisting of brush massage where I apply pressure and rotate the skin in a circular motion on the scalp. I also apply hydrocortisone 1% a couple times a week. Hydrocortisone is good for general mpb inflammation.

My question:, is this manual form of scalp massage considered wounding? Because my concern is the hydrocortisone would impair healing if it was.

What do you guys think?

This is just based on my understanding which could be totally wrong.

Is anti-inflammatory action and immunosuppression equivalent to impairing healing? Corticosteroid abuse enables it to be used for a purpose that defeats healing, but it's an abuse, not a mechanism of the drug itself. You could blame aspirin for impairing healing by the same token. I also think suppressing inflammation can be healing by itself in some cases.

When you account for TNFs (tissue destruction), tissue replacement, infection and immune responses it may be another set of issues. If you're getting that from brushing you may be doing it wrong.

I have a similar potential issue from topical pregnenolone. I see no obvious impairment of healing.

stargate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down