Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question

5 posters

Go down

Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question Empty Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:44 am

Hey everyone.

So I do a variation of DT using a bamboo bristle brush. I push down on the skin with the bristles to break up the calcification underneath doing circular motions. The bristles themselves dont move, just the skin underneath.

So I just bought a scalp peel. Do you guys think it would be safe to do this the same day as a peel? Do you think there is any chance I could damage the follicles? My instinct tells me no but I was looking for opinions from the forum.

Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question Empty Re: Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:32 am

any opinions?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question Empty Re: Looking for opinions: DT combined with scalp peels question

Post  MovieJunkie89 Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Use the scalp peel and once you rinse it off don't do any aggressive treatments for the next 2-3 days. That means no bristle brushing, no DT, no DR etc. After 2-3 days you can then resume your brushing. If the peel is strong enough you should see dead skin falling off when you get back to brushing.

I honestly think if your temples and hairline have been barren for a long period of time you are going to need a scalp peel on those areas. I've heard theories of some kind of excessive skin blocking the hair from growing in the temple areas, hence why many treatments (Both chemical and natural) fail at generating any hair in those areas.

I don't know if those theories are true but I do know using an effective scalp peel will most likely strengthen existing vellus hairs and make the skin in the area a better environment for new growth. Just my two cents.

PS - Repocity seems to know a lot about Scalp peels, maybe you can PM him for advice? Good luck.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:44 pm

I remember a few years ago "ScalpSkinLady" was quite popular in hair loss forums as she was able to help many regrow hair using her scalp peels. Nidhogge used her methods along with some other things for some months and seemed to have some success:

nidhogge wrote:Hey there,

Ya, I never finished that article...I have to get on the boar bristle one. Smile

I continue to use Scalpskinlady's kit, and the results have been satisfactory for me.  New hairs sprouting on the temples, and a slight increase in density on my scalp.  I shave my head now (didn't when I started this post) so I don't have any before/afters that would be a fair evaluation as a result.  Some good stuff on WorldHairLoss.org regarding feedback on Scalpskinlady's scalp peels though!!
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t3170-day-1-of-scalp-peel-experiment

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  Schitz Popinov Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:18 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:I remember a few years ago "ScalpSkinLady" was quite popular in hair loss forums as she was able to help many regrow hair using her scalp peels. Nidhogge used her methods along with some other things for some months and seemed to have some success:

nidhogge wrote:Hey there,

Ya, I never finished that article...I have to get on the boar bristle one. Smile

I continue to use Scalpskinlady's kit, and the results have been satisfactory for me.  New hairs sprouting on the temples, and a slight increase in density on my scalp.  I shave my head now (didn't when I started this post) so I don't have any before/afters that would be a fair evaluation as a result.  Some good stuff on WorldHairLoss.org regarding feedback on Scalpskinlady's scalp peels though!!
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t3170-day-1-of-scalp-peel-experiment

And yet still no real photographic evidence.

I feel like that's the common theme with this site.

Schitz Popinov

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Schitz Popinov wrote:

Those of you who feel entitled to other posters having to hold your hand are funny.

Sorry to break it to you but everything is about Trial and Error. Everyone's causes of hair loss are different, so nothing will work the same for everyone. Do your own research on a method and if you think it's worth it try it. Even when pictures are posted all people do is nitpick endlessly in attempts to discredit the photos.

You could easily look up methods that worked for older posters on this forum and pick one and experiment. But I guess it's easier to sit and do nothing and then complain that no one is posting pictures. Boo Hoo

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 pm

MovieJunkie89 wrote:
Schitz Popinov wrote:

Those of you who feel entitled to other posters having to hold your hand are funny.

Sorry to break it to you but everything is about Trial and Error. Everyone's causes of hair loss are different, so nothing will work the same for everyone. Do your own research on a method and if you think it's worth it try it. Even when pictures are posted all people do is nitpick endlessly in attempts to discredit the photos.

You could easily look up methods that worked for older posters on this forum and pick one and experiment. But I guess it's easier to sit and do nothing and then complain that no one is posting pictures. Boo Hoo

Movie, how long did it take for your hair loss tot stop when using green tea & coconut shampoo?

Was there a certain point at which hair miniaturization stopped?

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:43 am

newuser wrote:

Movie, how long did it take for your hair loss tot stop when using green tea & coconut shampoo?

Hey bro, I responded pretty quickly (Matter of weeks) to the Green Tea & Coconut shampoo however I had been massaging (DT-CPR) pretty intensely for months prior to that. The DT had my hair thickening up and it honestly felt like my head was shrinking. Plus I never really had any crazy hair loss, I had some slight thinning in the crown and some recession in the temples.

Looking back I think I know exactly what caused my hair loss... excessive Masturbation. NoFap was huge for me. Aggressive MPB runs in my family but I wonder these days if I would even have had any hair loss in the first place if I wasn't fapping so much a few years ago...

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  newuser Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:51 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:
newuser wrote:

Hey bro, I responded pretty quickly (Matter of weeks) to the Green Tea & Coconut shampoo however I had been massaging (DT-CPR) pretty intensely for months prior to that. The DT had my hair thickening up and it honestly felt like my head was shrinking. Plus I never really had any crazy hair loss, I had some slight thinning in the crown and some recession in the temples.

Looking back I think I know exactly what caused my hair loss... excessive Masturbation. NoFap was huge for me. Aggressive MPB runs in my family but I wonder these days if I would even have had any hair loss in the first place if I wasn't fapping so much a few years ago...

I sent you a PM.

newuser

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:51 am

I did quite a few intense enzyme peels the first few months of my DT. I am in favor of less concentrated formulas kept on for hours with a honey base. I only know about enzyme peels, but they only target to remove dead or weak tissue. Truly a great thing for preparing the scalp for regrow.

As to your question about scheduling, for sure the first time give your scalp 2-3 days off to recover and see the results. After that if you want to adjust the peel strength, or get back to DT sooner due to almost no peel effect, fine. If your skin is already healthy the peel will have little effect as on my face vs my scalp.

I have been using a sharp metal dog brush, and I like it. It is not to break up the calcification, but to stimulate an alarming healing response for platlet rich blood repair. I still press because it brings the circulation,

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down