Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I still want to make a slow-release topical! :)

3 posters

Go down

I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) Empty I still want to make a slow-release topical! :)

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:34 am

Hey everyone!

I've posted about this... maybe a couple of times before but it never really went anywhere and it's been about a year since the last time.

I have high hopes for topical antifungals in general for MPB (at least in myself and others with bad dandruff connected to MPB) and possibly vasodilators. However, I think their effect is too short-lived.

For example, I could put some grapefruit seed extract on my scalp and it would probably kill some of the dandruff/fungus but it surely absorbs and evaporates pretty fast and then my scalp remains fairly unprotected for most of the day. The same problem would exist for vasodilators like nicotinic acid.

Any thoughts on this? It might really help Smile

I've heard that different topicals remain active in the scalp for different periods of time and that makes sense... perhaps a sufficiently persistent antifungal or vasodilator might work regardless but we'd probably need lab studies to work that out.

Anyway erm, let me know what you guys think!

Peace!

Hoppi
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) Empty Re: I still want to make a slow-release topical! :)

Post  cdto2012 Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:44 am

Guess it depends what you want to have your scalp look like during the time the topical is on there. If you mix your oils like tea tree with a heavy oil like coconut or neem oil, it will absorb much slower and stay active for hours. I am pretty sure cinnamon oil is also an antifungal and vasodialator.
The main concern is to not clog the pores for hours so they do not breathe, possibly resulting in bacteria or pimples.
The other slow absorb base is honey, if you are planning on pillow contact, I just put a bag over my scalp for the few hours I do enzyme treatments. Honey is a healer and has enzyme benefits.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

I still want to make a slow-release topical! :) Empty Re: I still want to make a slow-release topical! :)

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 am

All quite messy though, that's the thing. I'd love to have something that was easy to apply and looked fine. Oils are probably at least functional though yeah. Honey... damn that sounds messy!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Not sure how old you are ,  but the quest for ideal treatments reminds me of the old song about wanting a new drug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW0FOJMMIyQ

Not sure how pure glycerin would be for a carrier that would be slow absorbed, it is a bit shiny.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:39 pm

hoppipolla wrote:All quite messy though, that's the thing. I'd love to have something that was easy to apply and looked fine. Oils are probably at least functional though yeah. Honey... damn that sounds messy!

I think rosehip oil could be something to consider after reading your purpose, and of course it´s non messy also.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:54 pm

Sorry: rose hip seed oil.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Sorry I was quiet, but thanks both of you! I'll look into glycerin and rose hip seed oil Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_hip_seed_oil

I wonder which is better o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:04 pm

The glycerin is usually found at healthfood stores. It might end up sticky when applied, not sure if it will harden. It is basically a vegetable oil extract, near what soaps are made from. Fairly neutral basic carrier.

As for rose hip seed extract. Sage is very knowledgeable about his plants and topicals. The seed oil sounds like it has some nice oil based nutrients, and is good for the skin. It has beta carotene and this can be pigmented orange, so might color your skin. It sounds like a remedy in it's self rather than a neutral base carrier. There are other basic oils like coconut that Sage also uses.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Like cdto mentioned the rose hip seed oil is more of a remedy by it´s own, and not a simple carrier.
The main reason why i recommended it is that it penetrates the skin easily, and less oily than many others.

My wife uses it for her face to get rid of acne, and other skin impurities.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down