Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OT Skin Anti Aging EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OT Skin Anti Aging

3 posters

Go down

OT Skin Anti Aging Empty OT Skin Anti Aging

Post  SonofOdin Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Hey so, one of my greatest fears is aging...which explains how I ended up here. Anyway over the past year I have noticed that when dehydrated I'd get lines where I smile. This was visible immediately upon waking, where I'd try to down close to a liter of water as soon as possible to rehydrate. Lately however, despite my best efforts to continue to hydrate and eat foods I am hoping can stave off this effect... now the lines are not disappearing. They are very faint and I feel I need to act now before it is too late.

Thus far, I am not convinced in the power of lotion to combat this. One of the primary users of products like this are women and the girls my age(mid-twenties) have taken a nosedive and I suspect it has to do with clogging their pores with these lotions, make up etc. But perhaps I am wrong. Sorry if this came across as sexist it is not intentional it was just an observation I've made Smile

So far I am considering eating a lot more fish, and to begin taking a gelatin supplement again. I figured I'd ask here because a lot of times preventing hair loss intersects with anti aging in general. I may have made a similar thread as this before many months ago but I actually forgot if I did. Thanks.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

OT Skin Anti Aging Empty Re: OT Skin Anti Aging

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/RENEWMETVCHANNEL/featured

Also MSM.

And that topical I use (Sage/Youtube lady), whatever is leftover, I slather all over my face so I don't waste any.

At night, since I have these oils for the hair topical, I put emu oil under my eyes, and coconut oil on the rest of my face, and have never had any issues with clogged pores.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 am

The key ingredient to avoid is mineral oil,  and it is probably why you see the women wrinkling and clogging.

" Mineral oil is a colorless, odorless petrochemical derived from crude oil (yep, the same crude oil used to produce gasoline). It’s cheap and widely available. Mineral oil serves as an over-the-counter laxative when ingested, and is widely found in lotions and other cosmetics for external use on the skin. Other names for mineral oil include petrolatum, petroleum jelly (Vaseline), liquid parrafin, light liquid parrafin, propylene glycol and baby oil.

More names for mineral oil.

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM WITH MINERAL OIL?

Mineral oil causes elevated estrogen levels in our bodies (aka, estrogen dominance or hormonal imbalance). It acts as a xenoestrogen, a potent “estrogen mimic”, which also affects the fetus of pregnant women and nursing mothers. Xenoestrogens are administered directly to babies through the use of petroleum jelly and baby oil. Mineral oil products also lead to estrogen dominance in men, low sperm count, low sex drive, testicular and prostate cancers.   "

http://www.yumyucky.com/2012/09/mineral-oil-a-toxic-evil-lurking-in-your-beauty-products.html

There are better bases like shea butter or other healthy solutions.  For me I use strong pressure massage around my eyes and just use the hard press process on my forehead .    As the link mentions mineral oil and plastics are a possible cause of estrogen related MPB .  I am pretty sure minoxidil is also mixed in a base of proplene glycol.

Also learn about the importance of large doses of vitamin C.
http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/nutrition_news_information/vitamin_c_why_do_we_need_it

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:58 am

^ Eeeeew, mineral oil has nothing to do with natural oils like olive, coconut, etc.?  I'm like 99% sure it doesn't but I thought I heard it mentioned somewhere...

I'm a big fan of coconut oil for facial care, also emu oil, olive oil, etc.  I absolutely slather it all over my face at least 45 minutes pre shower, then wash it off.  Well really I slather that hair topical all over my face, and just keep reapplying it as it drips off/dries up, or I run out (pumpkin seed oil, emu oil, olive oil, coconut oil, coconut milk, green tea).

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down