Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptyYesterday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that

4 posters

Go down

When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that Empty When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that

Post  foofighters Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:09 am

by making a hair look and feel thicker surely there's more to it than that, we're not talking about a hair conditioner that leaves behind residial, we're talking about laser light, what's really happening to cause this 'cosmetic' effect?

the reason i ask is because my hair texture feels different since doing LLLT these past two months, in truth, individually my hairs look the same as they always did, but of course when hair has more springyness it gives the impression of a fuller head of hair
foofighters
foofighters

Back to top Go down

When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that Empty Re: When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that

Post  cdto2012 Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:29 am

I think that it goes beyond the hair to a healthier scalp. That was the first thing that I noticed also, my grafts were spikier and thicker feeling, and seemed to grow faster. If it is increased blood flow, skin regeneration, follicle widening, whatever the source it is a sign of progress.
It would be nice to have an online kit and checklist of how to really measure growth rate, diameter, hairs per inch, grid system for exact locations on the scalp to measure regrowth. Then there would be a standardized way to communicate and authenticate results

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that Empty Re: When people say LLLT can make your hair feel and look thick 'cosmetically' what do they mean by that

Post  foofighters Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:37 pm

thanks for the input, i'd like to think whatever is happening is more than just a 'cosmetic effect' would be nice to think that i'm actually responding in a way that will give hairloss halting results rather than just appearance
foofighters
foofighters

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:47 am

I have my hair pretty much grade 0, which is basically stubble level...

I'm a diffuse thinner and when I used to run my hand over my head I could feel patches of the scalp that were peach fuzzy, all soft to touch, almost like bear scalp.

After LLLT for about 3 months, I draged my hand over my shaven head and there's very few all-soft-to-touch areas; instead there's course/thick hair in place, a nice satisfying stubbly feel when I drag my hand all over Very Happy

(I'm seeing little patches / clumps of terminal hair... I think they're new but not 100% as never took before photos. About 4 months in now, and say hair is thicker and stable overall. Apparently the magic starts happening for most folks 9-12 months in and beyond. Hope so!)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tshaff Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:50 am

I used the Theradome for a year. At first I noticed this same effect. My hair felt softer. It never went anywhere beyond that. I had the same results as the guy who did the theradome.weebly.com/

Tshaff

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:51 am

Columbo wrote:I have my hair pretty much grade 0, which is basically stubble level...

I'm a diffuse thinner and when I used to run my hand over my head I could feel patches of the scalp that were peach fuzzy, all soft to touch, almost like bear scalp.

After LLLT for about 3 months, I draged my hand over my shaven head and there's very few all-soft-to-touch areas; instead there's course/thick hair in place, a nice satisfying stubbly feel when I drag my hand all over Very Happy

(I'm seeing little patches / clumps of terminal hair... I think they're new but not 100% as never took before photos. About 4 months in now, and say hair is thicker and stable overall. Apparently the magic starts happening for most folks 9-12 months in and beyond. Hope so!)

sounds good Smile a lot of people say that you can really start noticing results after 3-4 months but you should wait at least 6 months to judge
foofighters
foofighters

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:52 am

Tshaff wrote:I used the Theradome for a year.  At first I noticed this same effect. My hair felt softer.  It never went anywhere beyond that.  I had the same results as the guy who did the theradome.weebly.com/

do you continue to use your Theradome device?
foofighters
foofighters

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:58 am

I just checked, Theradome only has 80 diodes... that quite paltry and pretty thin coverage. My OMG helmet has 5 times more diodes, I'm assuming more is better, for better overall coverage. Also I notice the wavelength is slightly different. Not sure if that's significant or not.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:22 am

Columbo wrote:I just checked, Theradome only has 80 diodes... that quite paltry and pretty thin coverage. My OMG helmet has 5 times more diodes, I'm assuming more is better, for better overall coverage. Also I notice the wavelength is slightly different. Not sure if that's significant or not.

Omg Helments usually have a minimum of 250 diodes and 400 diodes at max, not sure though, the other difference about OMG Helmet is that it's powered via power supply not Battery, his diodes use 30ma each apposed to 5ma on most battery powered LLLT devices

From OMG's webside:

''As far as the amps, it’s simple subtraction.  Your adapter has a certain amount of amps that it can take, and each diode draws a certain amount.  I know that the diodes I use draw approximately 30 mA (milliamps) per diode (although it’s probably actually slightly less, but it’s a good number to use).  I know that they draw 30mA a piece because I ASKED THE PLACE I BOUGHT IT FROM! lol… that’s how you find that out!

Ok, That means that if your 3 volt or whatever adapter has 1 amp, you obviously have 1000mA.  If one diode draws 30mA, then you can power 1000/30 = 33.3 diodes!  Easy, huh!''

how often do you use it and for how long each session? and have you had any side effects?
foofighters
foofighters

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down