Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device

+4
AgapeBerry
CF
VikingJL
Growdamnit
8 posters

Go down

Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device Empty Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device

Post  Growdamnit Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:52 am

I have used .5mm first, then moved up to 1mm, then eventually 1.5. I have also done DT on and off alongside dermarolling when my scalp was healed from the derma session. Nothing has yet to peel and—what it feels like to be for lack of a better term—"cleansing" my scalp than dermarolling.

I know the importance of cleaning the roller itself; including soaking it in rubbing alcohol for 20 mins, and boiling water for 10. I have thrown out about 4 dermarollers now because they accumilate rust or the needles sometimes warp. I can't possibly bare my scalp to thise potentially harmful conditions.

I truly believe there is a lot of good behind dermarolling and everything of the stamp. Can anyone point me to a reputable dermastamp or dermaneedling device?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device Empty Re: Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device

Post  VikingJL Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:14 am

Amazon.com has a huge selection of both dermaneedles and rollers. Owndoc.com sells high quality dermaneedle products that ship out of europe.

IMO, rubbing alcohol for 20 mins and boiling water is totally unnecessary; A quick dip in alcohol should be enough to kill all the bacteria.

VikingJL

Back to top Go down

Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device Empty Re: Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device

Post  CF Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:23 am

Like Viking said, owndoc.com looks good. I have been thinking about purchasing a Derminator.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:23 am

Disenfection methods like dipping in alcohol usually kill everything but there is still a chance some organisms remain. Sterilization is guaranteed to kill everything. Owndoc sells a sterilization agent called Chloramine-T for $4 along with dermarollers.

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:09 am

The Owndoc rollers are far superior to the crappy generic repackaged ones on Amazon etc.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Go for an electric dermapen. You can vary the depth between 0.25mm and 2.0mm and it is so much better than a roller. Rollers will make V shaped wounds, stamps will make | shaped wounds. Electric dermapens will make | shaped wounds and are much easier to use. They cost less than $40 and replace several different depth dermastamps.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:03 pm

magic_gro wrote:Go for an electric dermapen. You can vary the depth between 0.25mm and 2.0mm and it is so much better than a roller. Rollers will make V shaped wounds, stamps will make | shaped wounds. Electric dermapens will make | shaped wounds and are much easier to use. They cost less than $40 and replace several different depth dermastamps.

That's actually the opposite. Dermpen is the one that causes tears. Dermaroller is perfectly fine, unless you want to spend more and get the derminator.

check this out and read the comments.

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermapen-causes-skin-micro-tearing/

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:17 pm

oh gosh, really? :-(
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  eldarlmari Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 pm

a dermapen creates precise wounds instead of scratching your scalp. I just bought 1 myself and would be looking forward to using it as the starter of a new protocol that i am embarking on

eldarlmari

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:44 am

eldarlmari wrote:a dermapen creates precise wounds instead of scratching your scalp. I just bought 1 myself and would be looking forward to using it as the starter of a new protocol that i am embarking on

No it doesn't. You are making a bold claim. Show proof.

So far this showcases the opposite of what you claimed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1dfdGPN5k

You could argue it's rigged, but you have yet to offer a proof that a dermapen doesn't cause any tearing. Meanwhile, I have a first hand proof it does. Here is what happened to me and I've tried to be as careful as possible.

What you see in the picture below are bits of skin and flesh below it that got torn out and caught up by the dermapen needles.

Folks, I wasted $45 bucks on my dermapen. Don't do the same. Don't listen to this troll of eldarmario. Don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish. Get yourself a derminator instead! It costs more money, but it's money better spent!

Point me in the direction of a dermaneedling device Skin11
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down