Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head

3 posters

Go down

Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head Empty Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head

Post  slashby Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi, my girlfriend has had a patch of hair roughly 5cm wide fall out on the back of her scalp , she hasnt noticed she has been doing anything different than she usually does. She is lucky that when her hair is down you cant notice anything, but she is very worried that it will progress. I am curious if you guys had any ideas what would be the the cause, as well as anything she can to to help.

much appreciated.

slashby

Back to top Go down

Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head Empty Re: Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 pm

slashby - Is she taking any medication or have any type of autoimmune disease?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head Empty Re: Girlfriend losing patch of hair on back of head

Post  slashby Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:31 pm

none that i am aware of , she eats pretty well too. the only thing i can think of is she has been through some exams lately but they were not that bad , she claims she was not that stressed from them. I did give her some Maca during that period and thats the only thing other than food that she put in the mouth. She is also on the pill but has been for a while....

slashby

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:36 pm

dump her

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:25 pm

slashby - "The pill" inhibits thyroid function, they are also strongly linked to autoimmune diseases, including lupus and others which have a highly negative effect on hair loss. If she visits a doctor having some tests run such as ANA, RA, ESR, TSH, T4, T3, Prolactin and IGF-1 might be useful.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  slashby Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

i will pass on the info and report back the outcome. Thanks very much for your help Smile

slashby

Back to top Go down

Post  slashby Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:22 pm

CS

I have not been able to do much with my girlfriend loosing hair as she has been overseas for a few weeks attending a wedding. its an awkward situation for her apparently the hair is coming out rapily, fast and in patches and its hard for her to get the tests done because of where she is. i have done a bit of reading and from what i cant tell it looks very similar to Alopecia Areata. i have read that with this condition is treated normally with a topical like a steriod cream. It would be nice to give her something that she could use topically that will help untill she gets back and gets tested for TSH, T4, T3, Prolactin etc.
does anyone know of anything that would help

Thanks again

slashby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down