Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation?

2 posters

Go down

In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? Empty In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation?

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:37 pm

I have noticed that deep thinking involving complex text reading and analytical work, seem to fire up scalp inflammation. Maybe this can also explain why some people incl. myself receed in temple more than the other, by way of hemispheric dominance.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? Empty Re: In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation?

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:14 pm

cpio - I had a similar theory but yours sounds a little better that mine. Mine was that neurogenic inflammation would be heavier depending on what hemisphere of the brain was responsible for stress.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation? Empty Re: In a balding scalp deep thinking increases inflammation?

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 am

CS, those CB receptors are they present in the scalp or how do they play a part in scalp inflammation?

Do you think that compounds that inhibit inflammation in the microglia (inside the brain) will not work against hair loss related neurogenic inflammation? Specifically I am thinking luteolin, since it is present in white chrysanthemum flower, a herb used against hair loss in TCM.

Luteolin reduces IL-6 production in microglia by inhibiting JNK phosphorylation and activation of AP-1

Communicated by David H. Baker, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, Urbana, IL, March 25, 2008 (received for review January 31, 2008)

Abstract

Luteolin, a flavonoid found in high concentrations in celery and green pepper, has been shown to reduce production of proinflammatory mediators in LPS-stimulated macrophages, fibroblasts, and intestinal epithelial cells. Because excessive production of proinflammatory cytokines by activated brain microglia can cause behavioral pathology and neurodegeneration, we sought to determine whether luteolin also regulates microglial cell production of a prototypic inflammatory cytokine, IL-6. Pretreatment of primary murine microlgia and BV-2 microglial cells with luteolin inhibited LPS-stimulated IL-6 production at both the mRNA and protein levels. To determine how luteolin inhibited IL-6 production in microglia, EMSAs were performed to establish the effects of luteolin on LPS-induced binding of transcription factors to the NF-κB and activator protein-1 (AP-1) sites on the IL-6 promoter. Whereas luteolin had no effect on the LPS-induced increase in NF-κB DNA binding activity, it markedly reduced AP-1 transcription factor binding activity. Consistent with this finding, luteolin did not inhibit LPS-induced degradation of IκB-α but inhibited JNK phosphorylation. To determine whether luteolin might have similar effects in vivo, mice were provided drinking water supplemented with luteolin for 21 days and then they were injected i.p. with LPS. Luteolin consumption reduced LPS-induced IL-6 in plasma 4 h after injection. Furthermore, luteolin decreased the induction of IL-6 mRNA by LPS in hippocampus but not in the cortex or cerebellum. Taken together, these data suggest luteolin inhibits LPS-induced IL-6 production in the brain by inhibiting the JNK signaling pathway and activation of AP-1 in microglia. Thus, luteolin may be useful for mitigating neuroinflammation.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:20 am

cpio - Luteolin is good stuff but would not effect the neuropeptide/neurogenic inflammation that is associated with stress.

Neurogenic inflammation via neuropeptides such as Substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide and others (there's about a hundred different types of neuropeptides) can be vasoactive and induce strong catagen stages in the hair follicle. They are located almost everywhere in the body, including the sebaceous glands.

This full study below pretty much explains how this inflammation occurs in the human hair follicle.

http://ajp.amjpathol.org/cgi/content/full/171/6/1872

Curcumin and Resveratrol in combination is the likely antidote for this problem.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks, you are very helpful.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down