Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Sunburn and Hairloss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Sunburn and Hairloss

4 posters

Go down

Sunburn and Hairloss Empty Sunburn and Hairloss

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:08 am

Greetings,

Yesterday I went to the beach, feel asleep and got some nasty sunburn on my forehead and scalp. Now, my scalp still hurts a little bit, and last night, I felt one damn painfull sensation on my right temple - a place that was "toasted" from the sun.

Made a little research and found some people claiming that sunburn contribute to inflammation on the follicles cells, and therefor, accelarating hair loss. Is this true? If it is, what can one do about it?
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Sunburn and Hairloss Empty Re: Sunburn and Hairloss

Post  Xenon Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:34 am

I was pissing about with some coconut oil on my scalp a few years back, forgot about it, then went to sit in the blistering hot sun. Well, 1. I noticed that no sweat was being produced because the coconut oil had clogged the sweat glands 2. My scalp started to fry like a strip of bacon. The heat was that immense - it was like napalm on my skin. A few days later the hair from the burned areas began to fall out and the skin was flaking everywhere.

The hair did eventually regrow, though, but i remember the scalp was so burned that I had to keep it under a cold tap for twenty mins.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:05 am

Xenon wrote:I was pissing about with some coconut oil on my scalp a few years back, forgot about it, then went to sit in the blistering hot sun. Well, 1. I noticed that no sweat was being produced because the coconut oil had clogged the sweat glands 2. My scalp started to fry like a strip of bacon. The heat was that immense - it was like napalm on my skin. A few days later the hair from the burned areas began to fall out and the skin was flaking everywhere.

The hair did eventually regrow, though, but i remember the scalp was so burned that I had to keep it under a cold tap for twenty mins.

Some cold water would help?
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:06 am

TheDivineMarquis wrote:
Xenon wrote:I was pissing about with some coconut oil on my scalp a few years back, forgot about it, then went to sit in the blistering hot sun. Well, 1. I noticed that no sweat was being produced because the coconut oil had clogged the sweat glands 2. My scalp started to fry like a strip of bacon. The heat was that immense - it was like napalm on my skin. A few days later the hair from the burned areas began to fall out and the skin was flaking everywhere.

Some cold water would help?

Better than putting your head in a hot oven, yes Very Happy But yeh, it sure helps reduce the pain and swelling.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:24 pm

I remember like one year ago I was on a vacation, i had buzzed down my hair for the first time ever to a few mm. I have seb.dermatitis. The first day I burned all My scalp since it wasnt used to the sun. My forehead/scalp swelled(spelling?) pretty much and I got blisters with LOTs of fluid all over My scalp. It was a hell at the time bit when i got home 1 week later it was all good and i shedded TONS of skin from the scalp for maybe 2-3 days and after that My scalp felt really good and i didnt shed any hair at all for maybe a month until the dermatitis returned in full force with hairloss too..
Im losing hair all over My scalp, just to clarify

Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:57 am

sunburn :

niacinamide
astaxanthin
vitamin e

avoidance of pufa

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down