Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair!

+2
H4ir
6 posters

Go down

Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! Empty Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair!

Post  H4ir Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:40 am

Sorry I know we shouldest criticize things which are actually in the Immortal hair regime however I'm putting Ecklonia Cava in the same group as apple poly (Procyanidin b2). Been taking four 400mg capsules of Swanson Ecklonia Cava every day for over a year now and it hasn't done a damn thing for my hair, no improvement whatsoever. I had the same experience with that apple poly junk that I took for over a year with zero results.

H4ir

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! Empty Re: Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair!

Post  4039 Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 am

Chronic DNA damage is the hardest thing to reverse. You literally have to travel at light speed against time.

Don't expect any one natural substance - that doesn't directly affect receptors - to reverse hair loss unless you are extremely deficient. And just because you take a supplement doesn't make it automatically bioavailable to your cells. There are many different factors at play.

Yet ecklonia cava is right up there in top 25 biggest bang for the buck antioxidants. The science is definitely there, especially if you go for an additive effect with other supplements. In fact, my recommendation is just to eat more seaweed in general. It's not a coincidence that Asians have thick luxuriant hair.

Anyhow I stopped focusing on hair loss long ago; instead I concentrate on longevity and supplemental synergy. I make my body strong enough to withstand all of life's stresses. In the process, I have allowed my hair to come along for the ride. My hair has become very thick.

Anybody can take fin/dut and minoxidil, but it takes a lot of knowledge to regrow hair through supplementation, diet and major lifestyle changes. Sorry to break the bad news to you or anyone else here.

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair! Empty Re: Ecklonia Cava dont do a damn thing for hair!

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:54 am

firstly

not everything will work for everyone

even propecia is about a 40% success rate

a person must try various regimens, combinations of supplements, and things himself, along with blood tests, to know what will work for him

trust me, I know, see my signature. the solution is experimentation and self awareness.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  H4ir Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:52 am

4039 wrote:

Yet ecklonia cava is right up there in top 25 biggest bang for the buck antioxidants. The science is definitely there, especially if you go for an additive effect with other supplements. In fact, my recommendation is just to eat more seaweed in general. It's not a coincidence that Asians have thick luxuriant hair.

I dont know about that, I have seen loads of Japanese businessmen with balding heads and they eat more seaweed then anyone else, when your talking about Asians with thick luxuriant hair I think your talking about females not men

H4ir

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:08 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:firstly

not everything will work for everyone

even propecia is about a 40% success rate

a person must try various regimens, combinations of supplements, and things himself, along with blood tests, to know what will work for him

trust me, I know, see my signature. the solution is experimentation and self awareness.

Ha! Just made a similar point in another thread. Think a lot of self experimentation, consistency and patience is the only real way forward (that or blind luck)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:25 pm

H4ir wrote:
4039 wrote:

I dont know about that, I have seen loads of Japanese businessmen with balding heads and they eat more seaweed then anyone else, when your talking about Asians with thick luxuriant hair I think your talking about females not men

"A survey conducted by Aderans showed the number of men with thinning hair has increased significantly in Japan: The percentage of balding men was 23.7 percent in 1998, 8.1 percent higher than 1982. This means the estimated number of balding Japanese men has almost doubled, from 6.2 million to 11.37 million."

Apparently they linked it to lifestyle changes, shifting toward shitty western lifestyles

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  H4ir Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:41 pm

[quote="Columbo"][quote="H4ir"]
4039 wrote:

Apparently they linked it to lifestyle changes, shifting toward shitty western lifestyles

Sure diet must be important but can diet modify gene expression? most guys on here are loosing their hair because its in the family.

I used to be big into internal martial arts QI gong, tai chi etc and many of these Asian teachers live a very strict life/diet etc....many have a comb over too Smile

H4ir

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:59 am

4039 wrote:Yet ecklonia cava is right up there in top 25 biggest bang for the buck antioxidants. The science is definitely there, especially if you go for an additive effect with other supplements.

Science for general health definitely isn't there, more like anecdotal (placebo driven) evidence, this is a super antioxidant for rats.

I don't want to bash Ecklonia too much as it is undoubtedly good for hair (studies and experience clearly show that), but the research and it's real potency on its own is quite weak. Maybe subjects in the studies would need to get rid of heavy metals and fix their gut first to enjoy better overall benefits from it.

http://examine.com/supplements/ecklonia-cava/

"Benefits have been noted on Blood Pressure, Blood Glucose, and Inflammation but for the most part these are statistically sound but practically small benefits. The current human evidence is unconvincing for the most part, although these compounds and seaweed are undoubtedly 'healthy' as a general statement."

"General anti-oxidant and antiinflammatory properties confer neuroprotection against stressors, but nothing appears to be overly novel or potent."

"Weak sedative properties at high doses"

"May reduce blood pressure, but appears to be pretty weak at it."

"Tends to improve the lipid profile, but the potency nothing impressive."

"Either weak or non-existent effects on body fat loss."

"Weak but beneficial effects on glucose metabolism in persons with impaired glucose metabolism (metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, diabetes type II; etc.)."

"Appears to be a potent anti-oxidant compound, but its potency in vitro appears to be more pronounced than the benefits it seems to exert after oral ingestion."

"Potent anti-oxidantive effects in skin cells in vitro, but surprisingly less protection than would be expected secondary to the potent anti-oxidant effects."

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:31 am

I didn't see this thread before....however Swanson's is low quality.

Full spectrum is just ground up non-extract leaf you can get at any Asian market. Then the extract they sell is a small milligram dose. 

All that said, hair loss is more than taking just one thing. Since I've been on it longer than that publication (Examine, which uses conventional-mind-set to evaluate data), what 'evidenced' based medicine in this regard ignores research outside of the National Institutes of Health. There's a rich collection of private research which is not congruent with Examine.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down