Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses?

3 posters

Go down

Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? Empty Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses?

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm starting to question the use of a daily b-complex of any kind. Even a b-50 has insane amounts of b's. How come a multimineral only gets up to maybe 2 or 3 hundred percent rda, but b's are in the thousands? I could care less about the RDA but I'm using it just to contrast the two. I think high dose b's give many people (who are susceptible) increased anxiety and possibly depression. Wouldn't you think that the methyl b's would require much less? How come there is no low dose b supplement with the methylated b's?  Does anyone else agree with me on this, or do you think a b-complex is equally necessary to a mineral complex? Thorne has some different formulas and in all honesty they look like they were meant to be prescribed by a a naturopath or a dietician or something for someone who was diagnosed as having a deficiency. For example they have a b6 formula, and I'm pretty sure that those levels of b6 for a healthy individual would be toxic. I tried it and it made me sick. I can handle their 12 formula, but I still question the need for the astronomical doses. If you use the argument that they are water soluble and excess is just excreted anyway, then why not lower the dose as not to waste so much, and in effect lower the price? I admit to having never personally researched toxicity of b6 or others, and my understanding is just from what I have read others say in regard to toxicity. I don't lose sleep over this but I admit it's frustrating when mega doses of b's can be over-stimulating, yet I want and need to supplement some.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? Empty Re: Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses?

Post  Changexpert Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:43 am

I agree wholeheartedly with this point. High dose of vitamin B's is an unquestionable way to damaging your health in the long term.

Vitamin B's are used to process lipids, carbs, and proteins (amino acids) as energy source. Most B complexes are high in dose with a goal of giving an initial kick to energy metabolism process. If used correctly, B-complex can lift a partial block in the energy metabolism process and let your body function properly again. However, if used for long-term, vitamins B's overdrive the metabolism process, which can lead to adrenaline spike. This results in a prolonged stressed state, which depletes glutathione and other antioxidants in the long run.

As far as the safety goes, I am not 100% sure if vitamin B gets excreted safely just because they are water soluble. I've seen many people, including myself, experiencing toxicity. The ones that are most problematic is B6, followed by B12 and B9. For me, B6 and MB12 not only gave me fatigue, increased shedding, but also unusual symptoms like skin rashes, pityriasis rosea, food sensitivities, severe constipation, and hemorrhoids. As much as we want to grow our hair, overdriving energy metabolism in the long-term is not a safe way to do so. Your liver, kidney, and bowel will be eventually damaged, having a cascading effect that leads to health degradation.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses? Empty Re: Why do all b-complex vitamins have insanely high doses?

Post  alphadelta Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:07 pm

i can only speak for B12. This one needs to be dosed high since it has quite a poor absorption rate in the body. something like 1.5 µg + 1% of the total Dose. Say you take 5000µg of B12 you would absorb 1.5µg+50µg=51.5µg essentially.

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down