Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths?

+8
stanis
sanderson
virtua_
Zaphod
iuyyighghghgkh
SonofOdin
shaftless
Growdamnit
12 posters

Go down

Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? Empty Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths?

Post  Growdamnit Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:56 pm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150310105222.htm

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? Empty Re: Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths?

Post  shaftless Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Yet you see a lot of older people soaking up the sun on beaches. Probably did for years. Hasn't bothered them.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? Empty Re: Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths?

Post  SonofOdin Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:38 pm

I'll probably stick to 2000 IU daily. Doubt I'll get too much with that. If I remember that is, not much a supp guy unless it's zinc, still take that daily.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:08 am

I've been saying this for some time on the forum now.

Isolated vitamin d supplements are toxic and will harden the arteries.

Avoid them, or just take k2, or apply D3 on the skin only.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:09 am

shaftless wrote:Yet you see a lot of older people soaking up the sun on beaches. Probably did for years. Hasn't bothered them.

real sunlight is a mix of d2, d3, and d25. that's not a problem. supplements are.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
shaftless wrote:Yet you see a lot of older people soaking up the sun on beaches. Probably did for years. Hasn't bothered them.

real sunlight is a mix of d2, d3, and d25. that's not a problem. supplements are.

I've tried mixing d3 with DMSO as carrier and applied it on a skin. I think it works well. If you dont mind the taste of garlic, this can be safer option (if knowing dealing with DMSO). For some reason even if apply 1 drop of DMSO on the skin, i get the MSM taste.

Or stick with product CS recommends. I wish i knew this earlier (i am still vitamin Dsun deficient)...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

What is d25?

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:24 am

sorry, my mistake

I meant

25-hydroxyvitamin D

from sunlight.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 am

why is through the skin OK but not supplement?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:32 pm

it's just safer and avoids toxicity.

unless you took a bath in it

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Topical vitamin D and Oral vitamin D both enter the bloodstream, bind to DBP, and are transformed into Vitamin D's active form. This is an almost identical mechanism except oral vitamin D before it hits the bloodstream is absorbed by bile and fats whereas topical goes directly into the blood stream. There is no reason that I can see to try to administer Vit D directly into the blood stream because like I said the end result is vitamin D transforming into the active form in the liver...basically, the end result should be the same... at least from what information I've read on Vit D would indicate.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  stanis Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Speaking of vitamin D. I was at an internist this morning. I'm low in vitamin D (25 ng/ml). She asked me some questions and I told her what kind of functional individual diagnostics did I do and she said that it's a bunch of crap. Freaking unbelieveable how hardcoded these people are in their traditional training and they are all know-it-alls, it's frustrating beyond belief. Anyhow, she said that I should stop taking 5000 IU and gave me some 1000 IU/daily drops instead.

She still has a problem, but my question is, is 1000 IU/daily going to achieve anything significant?

Her reasoning was the funniest though. I told her that there's a mounting evidence showing that the levels of vitamin D should really be higher then they are currently, to which she replied : "Let's not philosophise, you're not the doctor, I am, and everyone is vitamin D deficient anyway, it's not a big deal. Stop reading this from the internet because it doesn't mean anything."

I wanted to straighten her face with my knee when I heard that, but I just said that she's wrong simply because she doesn't want to learn more.

So vitamin D, what are the optimal levels? Everyone is different but don't accept being at the minimum range. Go beyond the medical minimum because their closed mindedness certainly isn't going to cure anyone or make them feel better. All it is, is a failure to understand more about human body, and passing down traditional information which honestly, has no place anymore. Besides, body needs reserves in order to function optimally. Most of the people can't instantly build up to higher levels, but eveyone should try and reach 40 ng/ml at least. A lot of alternative say that you should even go up to 70 or 90 but this can be hard to achieve, and requires more than just vitamin D supplementation. Bottomline is, don't stress if you're not at very high ranges but try to get to about 40. It's a good start.

edit: one more question. Did anyone else ever had problems being unable to access ncbi?

"Access Denied

Your access to the NCBI website at www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov has been temporarily blocked due to a possible misuse situation involving your site." Wth.

stanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:27 am

This is confusing I have liquid vitamin d that I drop on my tongue, should I discontinue the usage?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:20 am

I live in north europe so i have maybe 3 months of good sinshine per year. I'm thinking of buying one of those 160 W terrarium d3 lamps.
Would this be a good idea?

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:34 am

You can buy a d3 spray, that CS talks about lately, (haven't tried the product yet).

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:01 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:sorry, my mistake

I meant

25-hydroxyvitamin D

from sunlight.

The human body does not produce D3, D2 and 25-hydroxyvitamin D from sunlight.

See this image:
Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? Vitamin-d-metabolism

25-hydroxyvitamin is made in the liver, by converting either D3 or D2. D3 is the same whether it's made on the skin or from dietary sources.

Only difference MIGHT be that the D3 from the skin is sulphated, but this is a debate as I understand it.

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Nobody here that uses a uvb light bulb for tropical terrariums to get their vitamine d???

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:07 am

Vitamin D linked to cardiovascular deaths? Img_4411

I've been using moderate dose vitamin D3, along with vitamin A and vitamin K2.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:59 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I've been using moderate dose vitamin D3, along with vitamin A and vitamin K2.

What do you consider a moderate dose CS?

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:11 am

virtua_ wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:I've been using moderate dose vitamin D3, along with vitamin A and vitamin K2.

What do you consider a moderate dose CS?

I take 10,000 IU of vitamin A and about 10 to 15 mg of K2 as MK-4, and 120 to 180 mcg of K2 as MK-7 all from Decalcify).

As for vitamin D3 (everyone is different in this regard), so usually 5,000 IU per day (I skip this when adequate sun exposure occurs).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:26 pm

I take 10,000 IU of vitamin A and about 10 to 15 mg of K2 as MK-4, and 120 to 180 mcg of K2 as MK-7 all from Decalcify).

What do you think about Now's k2 100mcg as menaquinone from 300mg alfalfa? Before decalcify, weren't you just using solely MK-7? What one product would you use aside from decalcify?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down