Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What are the downsides to wearing a hair system?

+9
DeadlyDevice
Growdamnit
hiilikeyourbeard
Odysseus
sanderson
whodathunkit
Kazbar
xztop123
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are the downsides to wearing a hair system?

Post  xztop123 Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:22 pm

You haven't had sex with her yet though. Im flirting with a winner of a state wide beauty pagent right now. It means nothing.

I've approached 4 thousand women and dedicated my life to this stuff for the past 2 and a half years. You have a point about her testing you. That was possibly a shit-test and im surprised you are aware of that. Without my recent knowledge I would never have figured that. I would have assumed she simply didn't like bald guys. And she still probably doesn't.

The truth is. If you are in close proximity to a girl and you are both of reproductive age, it's generally hard NOT to fuck. It's the Stockholm Syndrome principle. If you see a girl everyday it's pretty hard not to fuck her. What IS hard is cold approach pickup in a bar or somewhere during the day time. The concept of someone growing on you is very easy to identify. Watch any movie. Dallas Buyers Club is a good example because the protagonist is not only ugly but a dick. At the beginning of the movie you hate him.

But I digress. In the context of a workplace friendship looks are not very important. Same thing with social circle. But if you want a truly wide variety of options such as dating / hook up websites like Tinder you strongly would benefit from having hair.

102 wrote:
xztop123 wrote:There is more to the Travis situation than meets the eye.  As a result of spending thousands of hours in bars and people watching in public I've developed the ability to explain why men are successful with women.

I would bet that this Travis guy has a large frame (his actual skeleton, shoulders and skull size) and probably a deep voice.  These 2 things can usually compensate for being bald.

There are plenty of NW0 guys with male figure skater skeletal frames that you will see in any college cafeteria.  You can easily pinpoint them and tell they aren't getting laid.  Childhood vit d/k2 status and length of breast feeding are very important factors for how many "lays" you will get in life.  Jaw development coincides well with the skeletal development.  

I cannot say for sure if women are attracted to large skeletons itself or the man with the large skeleton is given preferential treatment from other males as a youth and develops a more outgoing and robust personality as a result.  I would speculate the former because I have been able to somewhat fake the "social aggression" and I presume it comes off as mis-caliberated.

Interesting observations here. With Travis, he is not traditionally tall. But he isn't truly short either. He's about my height which is 5'10". But he does have a large skull and jawbone, and he is stocky (broad shoulders, naturally muscled), with a deep voice.

All of these can be clues as to steroid hormone doses during puberty and the womb, and they are generally signs of masculinity. Combined with his social aggressiveness (which research has shown is perhaps the biggest factor in how a woman selects a man for a one night stand), this might explain his success.

The thing is I don't think you require all of these things. I think learning how to be skillfully socially aggressive can get any man attraction. Having a certain body can get you that attraction, although with women this initial attention can be fleeting if your personality does not calibrate with her initial impression. The overarching point I've been making from the get go is hair (while it can be a youthful, attractive feature) is just a little piece of an overall impression, of a whole puzzle. I think as a man, its most useful to recognize what we can change, and what we cannot, and to optimize ourselves in a way that doesn't compromise our total acceptance of ourselves, or try to hide anything.

And as a last point, I think we are painting baldness as an absolutely unattractive feature here. I'm not sure if any of you other guys have had this experience, but I've picked up women who were really turned on by bald guys. I think there are some very, very complicated evolutionary things happening with hairloss and I think socially baldness probably had a role in social signalling at some point in time. We can't rule out that baldness isn't communicating some type of attractive quality, whether that be age (which has also been shown in research to be attractive to women), dominance, or some more physiological signal of hormonal status.

I think things also depend heavily on any particular woman's experience with bald men. Our parents have a great deal to do with who we are attracted to in the future. If a woman has grown up around bald men - especially her father - then she has been exposed for life to nurturing, dominant, influential men who were bald. It would be no surprise she would like bald men. These relationships are complex, but a quick intuitive gloss over them should make some sense here. If her experience with her father was good (and he was bald) then seeing a bald man might associate some good qualities with him. If she had a bad experience with her father - it might still work in your favor as she's still likely trying to "win" his affection subconsciously. But I'm on a tangent now.

I'm currently flirting around with a girl at work. 19 years old. Very attractive. To be honest, I didn't think this girl was going to waste a second on me. Not that I don't feel I deserve it. But 19 yr olds are 19 yr olds. Anyhow, this girl has basically been pursuing me. And what's very interesting is she has outright given me shit about my hair several times. At one point she asked to see a photo of me with hair. I whipped my phone out and showed her, and she essentially said I looked better with hair. The next day she started coming up and rubbing my head, telling me to grow my hair out. On some level I felt like she was testing me. But it occurred to me that maybe she really just didn't like baldness and might just be a rude person. But I kept my cool, acted like it didn't phase me at all, and actually kind of just brushed her off like a little sister who was poking me. She said, "You should grow your hair out." I said, "Why. I like it like this." She says, "Because I want to see it grown out." To which I reply, "I don't live in your reality. I live in mine. I'm comfortable like this." She says, "Okay. So you're 26 and bald." I end on, "Yeah, that's right."

I thought it was done. She seemed to have expressed she didn't like the way I looked, and to me it was obvious. She's 19. Prime of her aesthetic life. Well, she hasn't stopped hanging all over me and flirting with me at work ever since. She is constantly finding ways to start conversations with me or seek me out to talk, ask questions she knows the answers to. Hang around and flirt. I'll say I'm going to go out drinking tonight. She asks with who. If I bring up a girl, she's all questions. Mentioned I was talking to a girl I used to date, and she got all out of sorts. She just asked me to go with her for a weekend to a hair and beauty conference outta state (ironic kinda Laughing ). Not sure where its gonna go. Probably nowhere being that the difference in mental maturity between 19 and 26 is light years. But I thought I'd share.

These things are more complex - meaning human attraction - than simply saying "have hair, will fuck". I legitimately believe she was being truthful when she said she preferred hair. She may have or may have not liked my bald head. Point is there is SO much more going on and we can't be reductionist when it comes to these things. Its impossible. Again, I didn't tell that story to jerk myself off. I wanted to tell it because I still have bad days. Days I feel like dogshit. Then you see things like this and it kind of reminds you people aren't robots. Yes our genes guide our behavior, but they are a fraction of the total input/output when it comes to complex things like wanting to be with someone, or even just sleep with them.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are the downsides to wearing a hair system?

Post  xztop123 Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:32 pm

102 wrote:

I'd agree with you completely. Except that wearing the system is predicated first on other's perceptions of you, not some inside-only desire for yourself. If your desire is born of insecurity or communication from others about what you should be or have, then its not really yours at all. But you could technically wear this system and pull it off completely but it would require 100% honesty and totally not giving a fuck. You'd have to have the ability to let everyone know exactly what you're doing, and not give a shit what ANYONE says about it. I mean so strongly, so sincerely deeply not give a shit, that no one making a comment or tooling you out about it could even shake your frame. If you are able to do that, then there is almost nothing you can't get away with. But for most men, the desire to wear the system is suggestive of an insecurity initially which contradicts our premise of totally not giving a shit. How can you not give a shit when the reason you're wearing the thing is because you gave a shit, see what I mean?

This is simply not true from my own experience.

I have a buddy who I go out with friday and saturday. He is rockstar level of entitlement. His presence is second to none. Last weekend he went for a swim in a public fountain at 3 AM with people around. I've seen him walk up to girls and try to kiss them while they're holding their boyfriends hands. He is a 10/10 in terms of not giving a shit or insecurity.

Does he get laid with hot girls?

Not once.

He has 2 kids with a skinny black crackhead looking girl.

Why doesn't he get hot girls? He's 5'7, he has a tiny frame and he has curly poodle hair that looks silly. I told him to shave his head and wear shoe lifts just to try it out but he's so secure and happy that he won't do it.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:36 pm

Odysseus wrote:
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to just deal with your appearance now, as opposed to constantly checking up on your cosmetics for the rest of your life? Hair piece in place? Topic applied properly?

The idea of the thread is essentially

wig vs finasteride

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:43 pm

SonofOdin wrote:This topic got real deep. OP, to answer your question hair pieces can be extremely realistic. Many celebrities have begun using them and nobody has noticed it. There was a certain male celebrity that an overwhelming number of young girls find attractive who I used to study his hair of because he was probably the best expert at norwood coverups I've ever seen and eventually I noticed that as the years went on he eventually had to give it up and go for wigs, or at least heavy use of plugs. Now, nobody would ever notice this other than those who obsess over hair, and I think a lot of other male celebrities wear them too. So if you've got the money for a good one, I don't see any reason why not to, but I think a bald head looks better than a bad hair piece any day.

Are you talking about Ian Somerhalder? Or Enrique?

What I would do is order from northwest lace and do the glue and application myself and go to a fancy salon for the cut-ins every month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Jop8GJD0U

If the main qualms for doing this are moral dilemma, then count me in. I morally have 0 problem with wearing 5 inch shoe lifts, guy makeup or wigs.

I do have a problem with functional issues. Like knee problems from 5 inch lifts.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:27 pm

xztop123 wrote:
Are you talking about Ian Somerhalder?  Or Enrique?

What I would do is order from northwest lace and do the glue and application myself and go to a fancy salon for the cut-ins every month.

If the main qualms for doing this are moral dilemma, then count me in.  I morally have 0 problem with wearing 5 inch shoe lifts, guy makeup or wigs.  

I do have a problem with functional issues.  Like knee problems from 5 inch lifts.  

Yes I was talking about Somerhalder, but I avoided his name because to me, the guy is a hero and knows our struggle at an extreme level. He was a NW2.5-3 at age 23 on Lost, just as I was, and he'd of hit my level too at age 24 if he hadn't hopped on fin which I'm sure he did at that stage. Ian is proof that genetics is not a death sentence if you 'work' at maintaining your appearance and are not afraid to take the necessary steps to do so. He was dating Nina Dobrev, who is my personal 10/10... but imagine the kind of pressure you'd have to endure when you're considered by so many fans to be the sexiest guy alive. You can't ever slack off, you always have to be on top of your looks.

Anyway no homo on all that Laughing That hair piece in the video looks awesome by the way, even better than a lot of the ones Somerhalder has alternated with before. I think you should go for it if there are no moral dilemmas involved in it. Let me know how it goes too if you're still around cause that might be my end game option if fin+dt+lllt doesn't pan out.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:45 am

SonofOdin wrote:
xztop123 wrote:
Are you talking about Ian Somerhalder?  Or Enrique?

If the main qualms for doing this are moral dilemma, then count me in.  I morally have 0 problem with wearing 5 inch shoe lifts, guy makeup or wigs.  

I do have a problem with functional issues.  Like knee problems from 5 inch lifts.  

Yes I was talking about Somerhalder, but I avoided his name because to me, the guy is a hero and knows our struggle at an extreme level. He was a NW2.5-3 at age 23 on Lost, just as I was, and he'd of hit my level too at age 24 if he hadn't hopped on fin which I'm sure he did at that stage. Ian is proof that genetics is not a death sentence if you 'work' at maintaining your appearance and are not afraid to take the necessary steps to do so. He was dating Nina Dobrev, who is my personal 10/10... but imagine the kind of pressure you'd have to endure when you're considered by so many fans to be the sexiest guy alive. You can't ever slack off, you always have to be on top of your looks.

Anyway no homo on all that Laughing That hair piece in the video looks awesome by the way, even better than a lot of the ones Somerhalder has alternated with before. I think you should go for it if there are no moral dilemmas involved in it. Let me know how it goes too if you're still around cause that might be my end game option if fin+dt+lllt doesn't pan out.

Then there is Kelly Slater, voted sexiest athlete alive 2 years running. Also a NW7.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/kelly-slater/sexiest-alive.html

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:21 am

Xztop123,

Firstly, I did not mention the situation with the girl from work in order to get into any kind of pissing contest about who is the biggest ladies' man here at the forums. If you're having a fulfilling life with women, good for you brother. But I also don't believe having approached 4000 women, by default, gives you any greater sense of true masculinity than a man who had approached a fraction of that many women. Well, that's because women have absolutely no part in the definition of masculinity. In fact, I'd say that your response was slightly reactive, and suggests to me that some greater aspect of your ego is tied to how you measure your success with women, which directly contradicts almost everything I've been saying. I related my story simply to highlight to men here the complexities of human attraction and that there is a very complex dynamic happening there and that it doesn't all come down to how you look, not even close. You can't reduce human attraction to a checklist, which if complete, just produces next-level connection.

I believe your point about Stockholm Syndrome is also off-base. [I'm no expert here so if you anybody with more than a cursory knowledge of this wants to correct me, by all means do.] I don't believe this condition is simply a function of frequency of exposure. If this were the case, every one of us would be feeling strong attraction and drives to sleep with all of our co-workers. While that's obviously going to happen sometimes, its not the case that most of us feel that type of pull to most of our coworkers. No, the condition you are talking about (to me) looks more like this:

daily exposure to an individual + isolation from other normal social groups + dependency for survival on said individual + said individual being victim's only  intimate emotional contact

This produces a sort of God complex, or at least a strongly paternal and perversely dependent relationship. There is no other target for that person's affection. The captor is the emotional sink for everything the victim is feeling. Its not just about how often we see someone. I saw teachers constantly. Never felt I wanted to fuck them. Perhaps if we are routinely exposed to someone we are attracted to in a capacity where we are able to achieve comfort and trust, this would lubricate the transition to a sexual relationship, but that's obvious to anyone.

I am aware of the pick-up community and most of the main principles underlying what they do. I could write a great deal about it, but to avoid that, I'll just say this: imagine humanity - at some point in its history - developed some kind of societal amnesia. We forgot everything about culture, about who we are, and how the sexes related. We forgot gender roles. Now imagine that the men in this society found a book, a tome of the principles of masculinity, of how men fit into society and how they relate to women...it would be like boys reading a comic book about what men are and fantasizing about it, trying to emulate it. For the most part, the pick up community is like a group of boys fiddling with the tools and stuff of manhood, like going through their dad's tool box and swinging hammers and screwdrivers around, trying to look like their dad does when he's working.

But its also understandable given that we live amongst several generations now - particularly in the West - where traditional masculine influences have been absent. There is no longer initiation into manhood. No teaching. No examples. Its been actively suppressed and now that men are clamoring and desperately seeking to revive it, its like playing around with Dad's tools but never having spent time with him to learn how to use them.

Overall, if you're a strict pragmatist and you are only interested in the outcome, and you find that A leads to B leads to C and gets you the desired outcome, I can't argue with that. More power to you. But overall, the pick-up community has painted a boy's version of manhood and almost every interaction you have with women (in this paradigm of canned material, and cues, and moving through artificial phases) will be more transactional, with this meta-frame constantly playing in your head dictating how you need to react to this, or that, what you should be doing now, what she may have intended with this action or phrase...all real spontaneity and everything sacred about that interaction is reduced to click-whirr heuristics. But again, if all you're interested in is the outcome and you find that following the rubric is getting you your outcome, and you're satisfied, that's great.

But your point about your friend is a good example. I think there is some misunderstanding when I talk about social aggressiveness. Do not confuse confidence with boldness. Boldness for its own sake, for making a show out of yourself just to say how bold you are, is not masculine, its idiocy. I've known many scared boys who could make shows of themselves, and work up the nerve to do very bold things. But it wasn't suggestive of an underlying masculine center or strength in that center. Its still living in someone else's reality.

And the thing is, nothing in the pick-up community is really original. There are good and useful things circulated in the pick-up community. Don't get me wrong there. Its not all bad. There are principles there which are spot on. But most of the good were ideas which were taken from other disciplines. Read some of the work of prominent social and group psychologists. Some evolutionary psychology and commentary. Spiritual teachers and their disciples like David Deida, a lot of his ideas were co-opted by the pick-up community. Others like Sam Keen, Ken Wilbur, Robert Moore, Brad Blanton, Robert Bly. Of course, not all of these speak to picking up women directly, but many were borrowed when the community shifted its focus to "inner game". I'd say rather than trying to develop true masculinity for the sake of women, one should be trying to understand it and manifest it themselves, for themselves, for masculine's sake. Having a core rooted there will cause all of these other things to happen for you spontaneously, by your very nature, rather than wielding these tools to try and have an effect like a boy swinging a hammer.

The Kelly Slater point was also a good one. I think there is a basic misunderstanding in a lot of places about what makes a male attractive to women. No one is saying a nice mop of hair isn't an attractive feature, its about the priority placed on things like that at the expense of everything else which is contributing. Its like acknowledging the tip of the iceberg only. We could argue the point about the hair system endlessly. I understand the shameless desire to look good. But I strongly believe that an ego-driven focus on your appearance will undercut every power that could be granted to you by pure masculinity, because the ego-fear is the antithesis of raw masculinity. It might make you more bold, but it won't make you more masculine. And to your point "You haven't had sex with her yet". If you are able to generate attraction, moving the relationship to a sexual one no longer has anything to do with your hair. A lack of hair would only hypothetically effect your ability to generate initial attraction. My story was told to show that you can generate attraction without hair, even with people who would outwardly state they preferred hair. Because a masculine core allows you to enforce your reality.

According to what I'm saying, I believe you could put me side-by-side with a man with hair (or a hair system). I believe that each of us could generate attraction from the same woman. The qualities I possess that would generate that attraction are different and the process of attraction would be a different path, but it would get me the same net outcome in a way that does not compromise my honesty and integrity with myself, or my total acceptance and openness into exactly what I am.

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:13 am

If your goal is to attract women using a dating website or something like Tinder, then obviously the rules change. In a context where someone is missing the most important aspect of interpersonal communication, NONVERBALS, they have much less important information to go on. They've got how you look. In that context, of course the information being communicated about your looks has more of an impact. But I'm not concerned about these situations. Its not my style of meeting people. Its an artificial construct for meeting individuals and does not jibe with the natural order of how people typically met, via associations with other individuals, ala social circles. Social circles initiate contacts. In these newer contexts for personal interaction where you can't communicate fully - in person - looks are more important. There is no get around for that. But this doesn't negate anything I've said.

Inevitably, an initial attraction through a dating site leads to actually meeting. As soon as she sees you in a public or personal context, but particularly in a public one, all of the things I said in my prior post re-emerge. So sure, hair as opposed to none, might get you more initial interest on a dating site. That's great if the entirety of your relationship remained online. But they don't. We come together. Masculinity and femininity are eternal. Those dynamics will still always be at play. And they are what's most significant. Think the fact you wear a hair system won't come up eventually? Wonder how that would impact someone's impression of you, their trust in you, their comfort with you? Knowing that you felt you had to hide yourself in order to meet them. I'm telling you, if you picked up a woman you initially felt attracted to, and then a week later she pulled off a wig you'd think differently. If you're the type of person that says "Ah well, still had sex", then this isn't a dilemma for you. But that's putting women on a pedestal, and anything important to a real relationship between a man and a woman is totally undercut by a man's insecurity and lack of comfort with himself. You will lose respect and trust. Not in the sense of general human respect, but in the sense of her respect for your strength, openness, and self-assuredness. She may not even consciously experience it that way, but subconsciously it will totally effect the way she relates to you. Better to be who you are unabashedly.

(Apologies for the wall of text)

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:10 am

My original theory is that developmental vitamim d and k status are important for physical attraction. I could analyze a picture of your face and tell you why or why you aren't getting girls.

If weston price is correct jaw = those nutrients.

I know of not a single person with a recessed mandible and crooked teeth who can attract women no matter his level of masculinity.

I don't even think hair is the most important thing. Hair is an indicator of youth and genetics. There are three attraction indicators.

Youth
Health
And genetics.

Health trumps all physical.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:49 am

I already explained the protagonist aspect of people growing on you. By the time the girl found out i was wearing a wig she'd be rooting for me.

And no it's not the same if a girl was wearing a wig. As you explained a girls exposed to bald men through father. A bald woman is very culturally unique.

It seems common sense that having hair is better thwn not.

My options are finasteride or wig. Or scalp micro pigmentation

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:08 am

xztop123 wrote:My original theory is that developmental vitamim d and k status are important for physical attraction. I could analyze a picture of your face and tell you why or why you aren't getting girls.

I know of not a single person with a recessed mandible and crooked teeth who can attract women no matter his level of masculinity.

I don't even think hair is the most important thing. Hair is an indicator of youth and genetics. There are three attraction indicators.

Youth
Health
And genetics.

I think that's a very, very interesting concept. The connection to jaw development as a signal of that vitamin status is a fascinating idea.

But I'm not sure how you are segregating your concepts of 'health' and 'physical' as these two seem pretty schematically coupled together.

But your theory is also missing some important factors which are known, and shown empirically, to significantly effect attractive value, namely status and social/physical resources. Research has shown that in female mate selection, intelligence and wealth are perhaps the two most important variables in a woman's attraction to a mate.

But we're also leaving out other facets of this dynamic, which are the woman's relationship to her father, her siblings, her emotional state in the context of selecting mates, and where she is in the ovulation cycle. Each of these will impact how a woman views other men and is impressed by any given quality.

All of these points I've mentioned and those you mentioned could really be put together in the classification of 'nonverbal' communication which also insists that we acknowledge how these qualities are communicated, not the least of which is through body language, fashion (adornment), the people in your social circle and with whom you are in close proximity, your possessions, etc. This doesn't even begin to touch on the impact (albeit less extensive) your verbal communication can do to effect attraction.

I would essentially lump everything you mentioned into one category, which is 'genetics', because at their core each of your different classifications really is just a communicator of your genetic value and the viability of your sperm. These other equally important parts of attraction highlight the other side of the picture, which is your ability to provide resources, be a nurturer, a father, to make good on your side of the pact, your ability to garner social capital and leverage social connections.

Oh and you also forgot humor. Humor is essentially the evolutionary cheat code for non-dominant males. Due to competitive forces, males evolved the ability to elicit the humor response as a means of differentiating themselves to remain sexually competitive. Its a powerful force in attraction. The ability to make a woman laugh is able to trump most of these afforementioned factors. It instantly displays intelligence and promotes comfort and subconsciously overcomes her inhibitions to opening herself up to you.

Masculinity is not, in and of itself, a direct factor in attraction (at least not in my mind). Rather, masculinity is a polarity of nature, the opposite but equal half to femininity. All of nature is an interplay of these two forces by different names. A masculine core (or energy), tends to cause a man to display many of the indicators of attraction which were mentioned above (not indicators of genetic fitness). A truly masculine presence can't be uncoupled from qualities which display status, confidence, self-assuredness, social aggressiveness, trustworthiness. Each of these in turn tends to have the cumulative effect of being psychologically (in her mind) tied to other attractive qualities which you will have assigned to you purely by association. Displaying masculinity has a domino effect in that sense.

But at a more fundamental level, pure masculinity is by definition a polarizing force which cannot help but attract a feminine energy. Fuck everything we just talked about...if a man possesses and projects a masculine polarity, he will attract a woman like opposite poles of a magnet. We need to stop treating women as if they are these thoughtless robots who make choices autonomously on non-verbal cues of genetics. Is that how you subjectively decide what girl you like? No it is not. Women are much more like us than they are different and their experiences with the opposite sex are just as rife with complexities, curiosities, and subtleties as ours are.  Reducing these things to bare bones genes-talking-to-genes is missing the best parts of what makes two people feel pulled to one another. There are forces of attraction which cross-talk with, but can ultimately overpower anything to do with genetic indicators of health. You never know where a woman is at mentally when you encounter her. Its a diverse as men. At any given moment, we aren't all fucking horn dogs willing to fuck anything that will bend over. There are things going on in our lives. Complexities to our choices. Its no different with women. At any given time a woman might just want to fuck. That's it. How about having a big dick in your pants as a display of gross sexuality? That might be enough to get you in bed with her in that moment. But that is probably her situation 1% of time. Another day she may be more concerned about finances. Another day she might have just had a shitty day, and making her laugh makes her forget it. In cases where there is real connection on these sorts of things, your jawline (while she may be subconsciously assessing it) is not going to get the selective attention that's making her overall choice about you.

Being that you are into the pick-up community, how would you explain their poster child, Neil Strauss? This man basically possesses all of the physical qualities we wouldn't want according to your premises. He's short, frail, bald, has a weak jaw line, and one of the most feminine voices I've ever heard. But (assuming he's not a fraud, which I don't personally believe him to be) he is able to attract women. I believe that's a function of his ability to convey masculinity verbally and non-verbally. Its certainly has nothing to do with signs of fit genetics.

Last edited by 102 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:12 am

xztop123 wrote:I already explained the protagonist aspect of people growing on you. By the time the girl found out i was wearing a wig she'd be rooting for me.

And no it's not the same if a girl was wearing a wig. As you explained a girls exposed to bald men through father. A bald woman is very culturally unique.

It seems common sense that having hair is better thwn not.

My options are finasteride or wig. Or scalp micro pigmentation

Absolutely untrue. She would not be rooting for you. If there's any hard truths to the nature of male and female relationships, its that a male can and often is disposable. He's only as good (to his woman) as the momentary level of respect and trust she has in him, and his reality. Could a woman learn to love a man enough that she would root for him no matter what? Yes, and that is a beautiful thing. But this is something that requires time, closeness, proximity, affection. At the point in time during a relationship that a woman would realize you're wearing a hair system, I'd argue it would still be about passion at that point. At this point, this would only communicate to her your insecurity, lack of comfort with yourself. It would be highly unattractive, and at the core of the issue, would be that she'd instantly lose trust in you, not the kind of trust like I'd loan you money trust, I mean trust in the unshakeable quality of your identity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 am

No wig can get you inner confidence that results from knowing the results of your behavior/appearance are real and you are not cheating/hidding anything in the relationship. The moment she will find out about your wig, your stock will most probably decline. The real confidence comes from you being yourself, not an actor. I dont think acting is a way to any achievement. You might get there, but will be harder and harder to keep it up.

If situation is severe - cut it off and dont pretend to have hair. It's true that man have less problems being bald then women, and since people are mostly sick these days, hardly anybody notices bald scalp as a problem, including women who's good father were bald.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:20 pm

102 wrote:
xztop123 wrote:My original theory is that developmental vitamim d and k status are important for physical attraction. I could analyze a picture of your face and tell you why or why you aren't getting girls.

Youth
Health
And genetics.

I think that's a very, very interesting concept. The connection to jaw development as a signal of that vitamin status is a fascinating idea.

But I'm not sure how you are segregating your concepts of 'health' and 'physical' as these two seem pretty schematically coupled together.

But your theory is also missing some important factors which are known, and shown empirically, to significantly effect attractive value, namely status and social/physical resources. Research has shown that in female mate selection, intelligence and wealth are perhaps the two most important variables in a woman's attraction to a mate.

I was listing the three things which are physically apparent. They are all categories of physical.

Indicator of health, youth and genetics

obviously health and genetics are vastly different. You can be 6'4 and have a nw 0 with Brad Pitt face but if you are in a wheel chair or turn blue from an overdosing of silver then you're going to be sexually bankrupt.

I believe humor is important as a defensive mechanism but probably more so as an indicator of fun and non-seriousness. Being serious and sappy indicates past mental trauma.

But many very funny people complain of not being able to get laid (Louis CK for example)... he even has status to boot.

Also the argument you're making is completely speculative. I'm basing all my arguments from thousands of hours of people watching. The best way is to see the guys who are deemed "slayers" men who have lay counts of over 50.

Neil Strauss has money and status. Status is probably as important as looks, and money can be more or less important than each depending on where you live.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Beebrox wrote:No wig can get you inner confidence that results from knowing the results of your behavior/appearance are real and you are not cheating/hidding anything in the relationship. The moment she will find out about your wig, your stock will most probably decline. The real confidence comes from you being yourself, not an actor. I dont think acting is a way to any achievement. You might get there, but will be harder and harder to keep it up.

If situation is severe - cut it off and dont pretend to have hair. It's true that man have less problems being bald then women, and since people are mostly sick these days, hardly anybody notices bald scalp as a problem, including women who's good father were bald.

Having no hair is death for attracting 18-24 year old prime women.  I already have mild ED issues that I take cialis for so finasteride is not a good option.

I dont know where you live but it's almost funny.  Go to a college or a community college or just go to a mall to people watch.  The ability of people to align with those who are in their same looks range is striking.

I saw a 6'5 robust channing tatum guy walking with his friend the other day at school.  and i just watched him for a few minutes.  Then I remembered that a 9/10 model girl had just passed through the cafeteria (rare sight)  In fact both of these humans are extremely rare sights, especially to be in the same vacinity.  and then minutes later i see them walking together.

The odds of these 2 people just randomly meeting or meeting through friends or meeting because they had something in common is astronomically low.  They BOTH sought out the other like 2 nerds that had some obscure inside-joke T-shirts on.  

One of my own biggest problems is that I don't really know where I fit into the looks hierarchy so I actually blindly approach model girls, short girls, asian girls, tall ones...  

I think that girls especially are painfully aware of their own value and status in the looks hierarchy, this is learned at an extremely young age.  So when a bald guy comes up to them they see it as extremely uncaliberated on the guys part...  Like he should know his place type of thing.

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Point being is, not giving a single fuck and not over analazing this shit. Everyone has their uncertainties. You just need to learn how to use them as your allies instead them dropping down your energy. I had moments where model type girls approached me, last time this happened was at a festival I was during this summer. It was easy. You don't even have to do anything just flow. And yeah as soon as you interract with a gorgeous girl everyone notices this. It's amazingly accurate what you guys say but that's only psychology. You look around and every single girl is looking at you at that moment. This value shit is ridicolous but it's true. Moreover, every single night when I returned back to where the festival was taking place, all the girls remembered me and were approaching me non stop. And then I had moments where I approached non model girls but still attractive, and they weren't interested. In my personal case, the more attractive the girl, the better I am at this. I don't know why. I particularly don't want to put any labels but I can't have a normal interraction otherwise. Makes you question everything. But in the end it doesn't make any difference. Most of the girls have fucked up mechanisms but in the end just be yourself and don't obey whatever she says and don't get offended by anything. Any other way you can screw up is by you not actually taking action and asking her out or doing your move right on the spot. Simple as that. Sometimes nothing is bound to happen because they are either in a relationship already, or in a bad mood or whatever.

Also, it's ridicolous how they say they really want something. But they want completely the opposite. And when they listen to someone talking about this they get offended. Hilarious. Also, have you ever experienced girls telling you that you're really hot and attractive, and then completely ignoring you? These games are beyond stupidity, but it is what it is.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  xztop123 Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Keanoseg wrote:Point being is, not giving a single fuck and not over analazing this shit. Everyone has their uncertainties. You just need to learn how to use them as your allies instead them dropping down your energy. I had moments where model type girls approached me, last time this happened was at a festival I was during this summer. It was easy. You don't even have to do anything just flow. And yeah as soon as you interract with a gorgeous girl everyone notices this. It's amazingly accurate what you guys say but that's only psychology. You look around and every single girl is looking at you at that moment. This value shit is ridicolous but it's true. Moreover, every single night when I returned back to where the festival was taking place, all the girls remembered me and were approaching me non stop. And then I had moments where I approached non model girls but still attractive, and they weren't interested. In my personal case, the more attractive the girl, the better I am at this. I don't know why. I particularly don't want to put any labels but I can't have a normal interraction otherwise. Makes you question everything. But in the end it doesn't make any difference. Most of the girls have fucked up mechanisms but in the end just be yourself and don't listen to whatever she says and don't get offended by anything. Any other way you can screw up is by you not actually taking action and asking her out or doing your move right on the spot. Simple as that. Sometimes nothing is bound to happen because they are either in a relationship already, or in a bad mood or whatever.

Pretty vague post. Ive never seen or heard of a legit model appraching a guy.

A cute wanna be model approached me once but it was actually her friends they said "do you think shes pretty" because they saw me checking her out. I actually kissed her right there and hung out with them later. But she rejected me and stopped texting me back. Never had sex

xztop123

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:07 pm

"Ive never seen or heard of a legit model appraching a guy." - that is pretty unbelievable considering you've been at this for years and years. It happened to me on multiple occasions and is also one of the reasons I wanna keep my hair lol.

Vague post for summarizing one event and than a personal input. Interesting. What else do you want me to say? That I can get any girl I want whenever I want? This was pretty much true for most of the times I tried. I can't do it every time though, nor do I want to. Life would be too easy then.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:37 pm

What are the downsides to wearing a hair system? - Page 2 Splashinner

choose one.

/endthread
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:55 pm

xztop123 wrote:
Having no hair is death for attracting 18-24 year old prime women.  I already have mild ED issues that I take cialis for so finasteride is not a good option.

I dont know where you live but it's almost funny.  Go to a college or a community college or just go to a mall to people watch.  The ability of people to align with those who are in their same looks range is striking.

I saw a 6'5 robust channing tatum guy walking with his friend the other day at school.  and i just watched him for a few minutes.  Then I remembered that a 9/10 model girl had just passed through the cafeteria (rare sight)  In fact both of these humans are extremely rare sights, especially to be in the same vacinity.  and then minutes later i see them walking together.

The odds of these 2 people just randomly meeting or meeting through friends or meeting because they had something in common is astronomically low.  They BOTH sought out the other like 2 nerds that had some obscure inside-joke T-shirts on.  

One of my own biggest problems is that I don't really know where I fit into the looks hierarchy so I actually blindly approach model girls, short girls, asian girls, tall ones...  

I think that girls especially are painfully aware of their own value and status in the looks hierarchy, this is learned at an extremely young age.  So when a bald guy comes up to them they see it as extremely uncaliberated on the guys part...  Like he should know his place type of thing.

I suggest you to dig and work harder on your health, meanwhile priroritise what's worth for you. ED in this age probably means tons of different health mistakes from the past. Are you a smoker?

You might be missing a few years in order to get things in check, but good idea of knowing is that a man is attractive subject up to 50y old, while rules for woman are quite different. And (strong) errection will tell you when is time for mating and party.

I've been in the college, and know 100% what you are talking here about. But attractiveness ln more private term is better described in 102's posts, meanwhile you are right about the more mainstream-social type of things. If you try to win the situation by cheating, i am afraid approach is not long termed and can make your issues even more severe. But there is not an universal recipe for anybody...

Hard to disagree with sanderson, lol.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2