Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
progesterone EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
progesterone EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
progesterone EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
progesterone EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
progesterone EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
progesterone EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
progesterone EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
progesterone EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
progesterone EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

progesterone

3 posters

Go down

progesterone Empty progesterone

Post  truffy Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:26 am

hi guys
can progesterone help in a stress related hairloss case?i am also losing some eyebrows...i heard it can be good to fight estrogen ...would it be a weapon of choice?
thank you

truffy

Back to top Go down

progesterone Empty Re: progesterone

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:15 am

truffy - Probably not.

Check out this page and see if anything on it applies to you:

http://www.immortalhair.org/physiology.htm
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sarannan Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Progesterone is a C-21 steroid hormone involved in the female menstrual cycle, pregnancy (supports gestation) and embryogenesis of humans and other species. Progesterone belongs to a class of hormones called progestogens, and is the major naturally occurring human progestogen.

Progesterone should not be confused with progestins, which are synthetically produced progestogens.

Progesterone is commonly manufactured from the yam family, Dioscorea. Dioscorea produces large amounts of a steroid called diosgenin, which can be converted into progesterone in the laboratory.

vegan food
d-bol

sarannan

Back to top Go down

Post  truffy Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:06 pm

ok...so what does that mean.....could it help me?

truffy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 am

truffy - No, stress based hair loss is caused by neuropeptides, such as substance P, cannabinoids and others. Progesterone won't be much use, because progesterone is actually negatively effected by neuropeptides, especially substance P. When substance P is released, it prevents progesterone from converting into anti-anxiety neurosteroids.

The good news is that neuropeptides can be blocked by taking Curcumin & Resveratrol in combination.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  truffy Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:28 pm

thanks for your reply
i just wanna say that everytime i eat something sweet,white stuff pops out on my scalp and a shed follows....what is the answer to that?

truffy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:42 pm

truffy - I believe there are two main factors at play here:

One, when refined starches, grains or sugars are eaten, they quickly breakdown into glucose. High blood glucose levels, stimulate insulin which results in lower levels of IGFBP-3 (insulin growth factor binding protein-3). If these levels are too lower, skin can build up without proper apoptosis. This is further complicated by number #2 which is when high glucose stimulates the production of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS). This in turn reacts with superoxide creating the free-radical peroxynitrite.

Both Ecklonia Cava (Fibroboost) and Lipoic acid fight this in several ways.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  truffy Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 pm

do you think that an intake of protein can help fight an itchy scalp?Is it related to stress also?(I am sure it is)

truffy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:26 am

truffy - For many of us, eating protein before consuming any starches or even sugars in a meal will help buffer against some of the negatives associated with glucose.

As a regular practice I make sure to eat the protein portion of the meal before eating anything else.

Food affects hormones, so finding your appropriate diet would probably help. Lots of starch and sugar will deplete Magnesium and a lack of this can have negative consequences on stress.

As mentioned earlier, Curcumin & Resveratrol in combination can cut the neurogenic inflammation caused from stress.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  truffy Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

interesting....is there a particular type of protein that you recommand?

truffy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:51 pm

truffy - Meat (including beef and steak). Almost every dietitian condemns eating red meat, but it is safer when the following practices are observed: Opt for grass-fed if available (this is usually hormone free also) this alone increases the Omega-3 fatty acid content considerably cutting out much of the potential inflammation caused from grain-fed beef. Also grass-fed beef is loaded with CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid), a very potent anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory fatty acid. Red meat also offers a great source of carnosine, which is the most powerful free radical scavenger around and protects against cross-linking of protein and sugars.

Last but not least, even though arachidonic acid (found in red meat) is considered "evil," it isn't all bad and actually produces healthy endocannabinoids which stimulate positive neurotransmitters. This might account for why it offers a mood lift. Nevertheless, the naturally occurring Omega-3 will prevent excess conversion of AA.

Also, try not to cook it beyond medium-rare, this preserves the B-vitamins which keep homocysteine in check (another potential cause of inflammation).

Of course, finding high quality meat is not always available, so taking essential fatty acids (Omega-3) will help compensate for inflammation caused from the inferior varieties.

If meat isn't your thing--it certainly isn't for everybody, there is always protein powder, spirulina, hemp protein, etc.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  truffy Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:07 am

thank you
thats so interesting..i remember when i would take protein a few years ago(mass 2000)my shedding stopped...but i had to drink it in large amounts.....thanks for your valuable input...i am thinking of combining curcumin,cayenne,protein powder plus a few other things..

truffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down