Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ?

+3
Complexx
CausticSymmetry
teacup
7 posters

Go down

If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? Empty If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ?

Post  teacup Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm on a limited budget, looking for antioxidants... I have 2 options which i detail below. If you were me, which option would you go with?   Immortal hair if you can give your feedback i'd love to hear your opinion, everyone else please also join in and give me your opinions

the 2 options:

A- buy and take one Ecklonia cava Extract (SEANOL-F) supplement 400 mg per 2 caps  or

B- buy a three supplements that will when combined supply me with carotenoids, these:
Alpha-Carotene: 500 mcg
Beta-Carotene: 1200 mcg
Lutein: 30 mg
Zeaxanthin 3mg
Lycopene 4.5 mg

per 1 cap

to ad to my regimen which includes: Acetyl-L carnitine, EGCg, Selenium, iosol, vit C, curcumin95, ALA

many thanks!
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? Empty Re: If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:50 pm

teacup - From a carotene standpoint, a supplement such as astaxanthin would "blow the doors" off of all of these carotenes you listed below.

However having said that, I'd still go with Ecklonia Cava. Like Astaxanthin it is more versatile. Generally though for whatever reason astaxanthin is not always tolerated. I get some from the krill oil I take.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ? Empty Re: If you had to pick which would you: A- Ecklonia cava vs. B- carotenoids ?

Post  Complexx Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:30 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:teacup - From a carotene standpoint, a supplement such as astaxanthin would "blow the doors" off of all of these carotenes you listed below.

However having said that, I'd still go with Ecklonia Cava. Like Astaxanthin it is more versatile. Generally though for whatever reason astaxanthin is not always tolerated. I get some from the krill oil I take.

CS, what are some of the benefits you've experienced from taking EC and what have you observed from others taking it?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:teacup - From a carotene standpoint, a supplement such as astaxanthin would "blow the doors" off of all of these carotenes you listed below.

CS, many thanks, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.
I will get the EC (Ortho Nutrition) and some astaxanthin then.

I have a concern about radiation contamination, any idea if the sea plants EC is extracted from if these are now contaminated because of fukushima and the ongoing dumping and leaking of radioactive water into the ocean?

I have another unrelated question, I just sent you a PM.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 am

Complexx - ECE has many effects compared to most plant antioxidants, also the fact that it lasts 24 longer than in the body than most land-based antioxidants. So it allows significantly better protection.

As for as observable effects, some people including myself in the initial stages may notice improved sleep or relaxation, improved blood flow in the venous system. It was the first thing besides heavy metal detox that made a real difference for me in hair regrowth.

Its effects on peroxynitrate (the dark side of Nitric oxide) can be crucial for some people. It also is a potent inhibitor of antiplasmin, which allows the blood to flow better as we age. It is also a potent hydrator of the skin. I had noticed that it improves the hydration of my skin, almost as if I was taking hyaluronic acid (better moisture coming from the pores of the skin).

It's also modulates everything from MMP-1, to MMP-2 and -9 (all important for collagen, arteries and hair).

teacup - The issue of radiation has been addressed in another thread. However, it is interesting to note that ECE is anti-radioactive itself. There was a recent CoA that came out very good.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lostwind Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 am

Hey all!

Is it ok to be taking, astaxanthin, krill oil and EC? or there will be negative effects?

Thanks

lostwind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:19 am

lostwind wrote:Hey all!

Is it ok to be taking, astaxanthin, krill oil and EC? or there will be negative effects?

Thanks

good question
i am now taking: astaxanthin, krill oil, lutein, EC, ECGC and turmeric .. and ALA and vitamin C, iodine and selenium ... is this too much antioxidants? could this allow cancerous cells to survive the immune system and grow out of control?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 am

Thanks

It's not a problem at all. The more variety, the better.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:06 am

teacup wrote:

Thanks

good question
i am now taking:  astaxanthin,  krill oil, lutein, EC, ECGC  and turmeric .. and ALA and vitamin C, iodine and selenium ... is this too much antioxidants?  could this allow cancerous cells to survive the immune system and grow out of control?

No, the opposite. 

All of these are positive biological response modifiers. Side-benefits include longer life. In fact, even the Lipoic acid by itself is sometimes enough to prevent cancer. Most if not all of these are anti-cardiovascular disease and anti-cancer.

Let's define what "too much" antioxidants really means...

The pro-establishment has a sinister agenda. How is that? Anytime a negative piece comes out in the media, it's loaded with flaws, often either ghost written by a pharmaceutical interest, in a lame attempt to create a false sense against hope or confidence in natural agents (their competition).

When one takes a synthetic fraction of a certain vitamin, lets's say 1/8th of a full form of vitamin E, then synthesize it, then that can be too much because it's missing the other fractions, and a problem can occur with a high dosage.

All of the one's you mentioned above (I take all of them above, except for the lutein), are pro-apoptoic (they induce cell death in cancer cells).

Last edited by CausticSymmetry on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 am

awesome, thank you for explaining, very educational. thanks  cheers 
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:41 am

I would choose A

There is no scientific evidence that the supplements in B help with hair loss or regrowth

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:44 am

Thanks

that's fine

but astaxanthin helps with hair loss very little, if at all.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:16 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I would choose A

There is no scientific evidence that the supplements in B help with hair loss or regrowth

I respect your answer but that doesn't mean it doesn't help.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 am

they help with eye sight as far as i know that's why i added lutein in particular.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:44 am

EC was proven to help with hair loss?? study?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 pm

teacup wrote:EC was proven to help with hair loss?? study?
Teacup - no offence, but learn to search this forum before bloating threads. CS has posted multiple studies which provide evidence of EC promoting hair growth.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:59 am

Now that i know there are studies out there linking EC and hair, i will look for them

Google this:
site:https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/ ecklonia cava

just started a new discussion asking for other sea algea that might be similar to EC, look it up. thanks
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 am

anecdotally yes, EC can help

also there is one or two official studies

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:30 am

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-full-spectrum-carotenoid-complex-30-sgels

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 am

4039 wrote:http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-full-spectrum-carotenoid-complex-30-sgels

what about it ?

it would have little help for hair loss anyway

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down